Phantis Forums

Xanthi-Panathinaikos

athinaios

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Xanthi arent as good as old but this is always a big match...ill be happy with a 2-0....its a long stretch of finals....hopefully OSFP can choke vs Atromitos and give us some cushion.

Atromitos will be high on confidence after their 3-0 win over kalamarias..

so its not impossible to cause an upset.

PAO on the other hand.. i predicted a draw.. i hope im wrong.. but Xanthi are a strong team at home (not so much this season) but they have proven in the past they can destroy the big teams at their ground.

This will be the toughest game

Ok i believe we gonna win by 0:3 in Xanthi

Salpi will be one of the scorers.

Dont know if Manucho is going to play again ( i doubt it at least for starting 11)

Gonzales should be send away. :tdown:

As for Atromitos take a closer look at his players and you will see that 2 of the 11 starters are former olympiakos players. No way oly is going to loose there.

Although Xanthi last year were unbeatable at home.. they have kind of let that strong home record slip.. however many teams this season have stuggled to find the back of the net on xanthi soil..

Here is their home record for this year

WINS = 7

TIES = 1

LOSS = 4

GF = 19

GA = 9

W 1-0 vs PAOK

W 2-0 vs TRIPOLIS

L 0-1 vs ATROMITOS

L 0-1 vs AEK

L 0-3 vs IRAKLIS

W 1-0 OFI

W 6-1 KALAMARIAS

W 1-0 ERGOTELIS

W 2-0 VERIA

W 4-1 LEVADIAKOS

D 1-1 LARISA

L 1-2 PANIONIOS

Lets not forget PAO could not beat them at Leoforos where the game ended 0-0. so why does anyone think it will be easier at a ground where pao has always had trouble coming away with points.

they were beaten at Karaisaki 2-1 by Olympiakos.

GreenTitus, I hope your premonition is the result of something you ate. The only thing that gave me a bad feeling before a PAO game has been these (so-called) grilled sausages I used to eat outside Leoforos on my way to the stands :P

Xanthi is a good team, but they should not be be scaring us. We should be able to put this title away one way or another.

Manucho, Ninis, N'doye and Gonzales are injured. Postiga looked really good in the few minutes he played last game so I hope he starts and scores early.

We can barely put together 18 players for this one.

Up front we only have Salpi, Papa, and Postiga. If one of the three has a good day, we should be smiling in the end.

GreenTitus, I hope your premonition is the result of something you ate. The only thing that gave me a bad feeling before a PAO game has been these (so-called) grilled sausages I used to eat outside Leoforos on my way to the stands :P

Xanthi is a good team, but they should not be be scaring us. We should be able to put this title away one way or another.

Manucho, Ninis, N'doye and Gonzales are injured. Postiga looked really good in the few minutes he played last game so I hope he starts and scores early.

We can barely put together 18 players for this one.

Up front we only have Salpi, Papa, and Postiga. If one of the three has a good day, we should be smiling in the end.

I have to be honest I think this is a very tough game and I can see a 1-1. BUT this is PAO's final imo. If PAO win this game I can't see them losing the league. Because Oly still have to travel to Xanthi and AEK so this is a VERY important game for PAO. Without Manucho, N'Doye, Ninis & Gonzalez will we see the old PAO that can't break teams down though?

The players really have to approach this like a final!

I don't agree that if we don't win we'll be in trouble.

Yes, the players can completely demoralize the opposition by winning tomorrow convincingly, but a tie would not knock us too far off the title.

Like dude said, Olympiakos still has games @Xanthi and @AEK. The way they play, I don't see them winning all their remaining games. To the contrary, I see us sweeping the table after tomorrow.

The only thing that can knock us off the race would be a loss tomorrow, and panic by fans, players, and management. I don't see it happening, but that's why they play the game...

Guest TheLegend

The refs have been calling everything in paos favor as well, so the games wont end close. Diving and bad calls will chose the result.

Bravo karagounis you disgraced ellada. Seeing him on AMERICAN soccer stations and videos diving talking bout greece fluke on 2004

cna someone please recommend the best way i can watch this game online

not fussed if i pay a few euros etc as long as its safe and good quality

thanks

greeklive.tv THE BEST!

Archived