Phantis Forums

Veroia-Olympiakos

Crazy

After the end of our europe campaign Olympiakos must land in the greek reality with an away game against Veroia.There is no more room for droped points or bad performances so i expect to see a huge improvement to our effort and players.I predict a 0-2 win.

For veria?!

i believe so..

i predict veria 1-0

but also predict olympiakos will take action at a later date

Guest TheLegend

Oh ya somethign else... dont start kova

Why. I think thats a stupid comment. Cuz he didnt score in CL or in last few games? He needs service to score. With Lemonis playing so defensive he always has 2 ppl on him and cant get a ball... blame lemonis tactics not him..

i guess your kinda right. Lemoni has to stop with the one forword in the sl. Especially agasnt veria. I want to see nunez start.... Heres my lineup:

-------------------------------niko------------------------------

Zewlakow----------Antzas------Papadopoulos---Leonardo--

--------------------------Kastikogiannis------------------------

------------Mendrinos---------------------Sisic(i dont care i like him)

------------------------------Belluchi---------------------------

---------------------nunez-------konstantiou-----------------

i guess your kinda right. Lemoni has to stop with the one forword in the sl. Especially agasnt veria. I want to see nunez start.... Heres my lineup:

if you guys play with this 11ada... i can see a tie... lol

konstantinou is done... sisic is a big palto... not for olympiako... papadopoulos is unexperience player only 15 years old and this game is not that easy...

-------------------------------butina------------------------------

Domi------------Cezar------Papadopoulos-----Leonardo--

------------Mendrinos---------------------Sisic-------------------

---------------------------Vasilogiannis---------------------------

--------------------Mitroglu-------konstantiou-----------------

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

But now for real we need a victory i predict a 0-3 for us with a konstandinou hat trick :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ok now for real..... 0-2 with nunez and belluschi

Guest TheLegend

I wont even comment on the konstantinou/sisc in the lineup. Our first team needs to wake up and I think they will. No more CL to blind these players looking for staredom in Europe. I think we should play 4-4-2 starting and see how things pan out swithing to a 4-3-3

Nunez -----Kovacevic

Djole----------------------------Torosidis/bellushi

ledesma------stoltidis

pantos---Cesar----Antzas------Zewlakow/torosidis

/leonardo

Notice how this is almost the same lineup that idiot lemonis started.. If we played like this in england we mighta had a chance...You dont sit back against an english team cuz theyll score... u put pressure and attack to hold their attack back

Veroia 1-2 Olympiakos with belluchi scoring both goals :1eye:

How many teams are going to play in next years Champions Lge????

Is it only the champions that need to qualify from round 3 OR does the 2nd team make it as well????

Can someone confirm with a link????

Thanks guys :tup:

1st place team goes to the 3rd round of qualies and the 2nd place team after the playoffs goes to the 2nd round of qualies. No direct access.

The thing I'm unsure about is the quality of the opponent that will be drawn. The top teams used to have a free run into the playoffs because the draw would be easy. Now however, the draw is much tougher apparently? So what types of teams will the 1st and 2nd teams in Greece have to beat to get there?

It depends on who qualifies.

If pao or Oly qualify.. lets say with pao first and oly 2nd.

Oly will begin in the 2nd round qualification. in that round they will be one of the higher rated teams, coefficient wise. they will be drawn against a team most likely from Finland, sweden, croatia etc.

in the 3rd round, oly and pao will be in the middle of the pack when it comes to coefficient although they will still be in the advantaged teams.

This following link was this years qualies with the team on the left being advantaged with higher coefficient points. Look at the 2nd round and 3rd round respectively.

Hope this helps.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/s...seedcl2007.html

It depends on who qualifies.

If pao or Oly qualify.. lets say with pao first and oly 2nd.

Oly will begin in the 2nd round qualification. in that round they will be one of the higher rated teams, coefficient wise. they will be drawn against a team most likely from Finland, sweden, croatia etc.

in the 3rd round, oly and pao will be in the middle of the pack when it comes to coefficient although they will still be in the advantaged teams.

This following link was this years qualies with the team on the left being advantaged with higher coefficient points. Look at the 2nd round and 3rd round respectively.

Hope this helps.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/s...seedcl2007.html

Thank you for your info :tup:

For some reason i tought Greece finished 18th because last year :gr: got hardly any points :whistle:

I feel better knowing that even if we don't get the prwta8lhma (which we don't deserve) we can still qualify for Champions Lge by winning the play-offs) :tup:

Can someone explain how the play-ooffs work????

this is how it will work. First place team is league champion.

after that we have 2,3,4 and 5 that will take part in a mini championship at the end of the season.

first off, the fifth place team will start with 0 points.

then the 4th place team and followed by the 3rd and 2nd will each have 1/3rd of the points difference wise with the fifrth place team.

so hypothetically lets say the final standngs are as follows. and remember this is a hypothetical.

1st-AEK - 77 points

2nd-OSFP - 71 points

3rd-Pao - 68 points

4th-aris- 55 points

5th-PAOK- 49 points

then what happens is we take paok as they finish 5th, and every team above them starts with 1/3rd of the difference they have with them in points.

so aris being 4th and having 6 points more then paok will start with 1/3rd points more then paok who start at 0. 6 point difference divided by 3 = 2.

and so on and so forth with all the teams abovethem.

so the beginningof the mini league would look as follows.

OSFP- 7

PAO - 6

ARIS- 2

PAOK- 0

the teams will then play two games against eachother, one home and one away, 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. the winner of the minui tournament will be the 2nd spot in the champions league. etc etc.

This is important because as u all may know, next year, greece will have the first two teams in the cl, champion in the 3rd quali round and 2nd place starts in the 2nd qualifying round.

we will also have one team in the uefa along with the cup holder.

unless the cup winner is a top two team causing the 2nd uefa spot to go to the cup finalist, then and only then will the 4th place team be the uefa cup representative.

complicated, yes. interesting for football fans after april, DEFINATELY.

later skaters

this is how it will work. First place team is league champion.

after that we have 2,3,4 and 5 that will take part in a mini championship at the end of the season.

first off, the fifth place team will start with 0 points.

then the 4th place team and followed by the 3rd and 2nd will each have 1/3rd of the points difference wise with the fifrth place team.

so hypothetically lets say the final standngs are as follows. and remember this is a hypothetical.

1st-AEK - 77 points

2nd-OSFP - 71 points

3rd-Pao - 68 points

4th-aris- 55 points

5th-PAOK- 49 points

then what happens is we take paok as they finish 5th, and every team above them starts with 1/3rd of the difference they have with them in points.

so aris being 4th and having 6 points more then paok will start with 1/3rd points more then paok who start at 0. 6 point difference divided by 3 = 2.

and so on and so forth with all the teams abovethem.

so the beginningof the mini league would look as follows.

OSFP- 7

PAO - 6

ARIS- 2

PAOK- 0

the teams will then play two games against eachother, one home and one away, 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. the winner of the minui tournament will be the 2nd spot in the champions league. etc etc.

This is important because as u all may know, next year, greece will have the first two teams in the cl, champion in the 3rd quali round and 2nd place starts in the 2nd qualifying round.

we will also have one team in the uefa along with the cup holder.

unless the cup winner is a top two team causing the 2nd uefa spot to go to the cup finalist, then and only then will the 4th place team be the uefa cup representative.

complicated, yes. interesting for football fans after april, DEFINATELY.

later skaters

Thanks for the info, sounds exciting! :tup:

One thing I'm still confused about though is the potential draw for Greek teams in the 3rd qualifying rnd of the CL. Will it be teams like Maccabi Haifa, Zagreb, etc. Or will it be, like I've heard, teams like Liverpool, Sevilla and Milan?

It all depends on coefficient. Say olympiakos have a high coefficient next year because of there cl run then they will be a seeded team. All the seeded teams will be in one pot and all the unseeded teams in the other pot. For example, this year aek were unseeded and ended up playing sevilla

It all depends on coefficient. Say olympiakos have a high coefficient next year because of there cl run then they will be a seeded team. All the seeded teams will be in one pot and all the unseeded teams in the other pot. For example, this year aek were unseeded and ended up playing sevilla

Yes file mou, I understand that, but will the Greek teams be seeded? I'm assumming PAO will be, how about the rest?

Pao will most likly be seeded and so will olympiakos. Last year Tampere united from finland was a seeded team with 38.112 coefficient points. Sparta Praha was a unseeded team with 37.851 points. So 38 is roughly where seeded and unseeded teams will be seperated. Tpday panathiakos are at 52 points and olympiakos are at 51 so they should be safe seeds. Aek are at 31 points so dont expect them to be seeded if they make it too that points. All the other greek teams are way lower and i dont expect them to qualify for the CL, but if they did they would be unseeded.

Archived