Phantis Forums

Olympiakos-Asteras Tripolis

Crazy

Olympiakos last test before the game against Chelsea is against the team that beat us in the first round 1-0 at their home.With their head coach departing last sunday i dont really know how they will actually show up but this is a game that Olympiakos for ONCE this year should try to finish early and not make it a derby.Everyones mind is to our CL game but we need to take care of business in Greece and especially at home with smaller teams.No excuses and no bs.Play well,score 2 goals and lets get it over with.

Personally I'd like to see Domi & Lua Lua play 1 half, and Ledesma 25 mins just to see if they are fit for Chelsea. Other than that I'd love to see the youngsters that beat Irakli. Stoltidi, Djole, and Kovacevic in particular need the rest.

Nice gesture by Stoltidis. The ball was put into touch for an Asteras pplayer to be treated by the physios and he crossed the ball in the box instead of returning it! Not to mention that Pantos played on with an Asteras player on the ground - I understand that it is not compulsory and these falls in the added time are suspicious. However, not returning the ball is disgusting... Full time btw - 1-1.

Asteras plays a very rough game. Being ten men down for 40 minutes they managed to pull an upset much more comfortably than you would expect. They could have scored on a couple of occasions in the second half too. The red card was a stretch, but there were several occasions when he could had red-carded one of the other Asteras players.

Olympiakos started the game thinking about Chelsea and by the time they realized that Asteras was not about to lie down it was too late. Olympiakos did so much running I was worried when I saw Kovasevic' dark shadows under his eyes. I hope he has something in the tank for Chelsea.

Not much to write about Olympiakos. Once again, they relied mostly on individual effort to break down the well organized defense, and once again it became a problem when the skilled players (Lua Lua) can't find space.

Olympiakos is a good team when Galleti, Lua Lua, and Kovasevic are in a good day, but if they are out (or in a bad day) the whole team looks like every other team in Greece. Mendrinos, Sisic, Konstantinou, are not that special.

I am not impressed with Belucci so far. He kind of looks like half a Gonzales to me :P and he didn't help at all.

Lua Lua's injury looked pretty bad. In the replay it looked like he either broke his upper arm, or he dislocated his shoulder. I hope he can play at Chelsea because without him leading the counter, Lemonis has to pull some majic formation in England.

I have read that "Olympiakos needs a draw to advance" several times and it's not accurate. Olympiakos needs to score in England, and it will be so much harder without Lua Lua. Let's hope he can make it.

I'm happy with this result. But, Asteras does play very rough, and at times, I'd say beyond sportsmaship.

I think if PAO wins the next 2, gavroi will be out of contention this year, and I hope the appeal against Kalamaria leaves the game as played (as it should)--since this won't change the standings anyway.

sisic is a palto..everyone knew that before he even came to oly..

as for belluschi..he is not the player i watched with river last year..mb he needs time to adapt, but personally i just dont think he feels comfortbale in this system...i was excited to see him in greece but so far he has been poor..

and as madboy said thanks for the result...even though asteras did look like they came for blood today..

sisic is a palto..everyone knew that before he even came to oly..

as for belluschi..he is not the player i watched with river last year..mb he needs time to adapt, but personally i just dont think he feels comfortbale in this system...i was excited to see him in greece but so far he has been poor..

and as madboy said thanks for the result...even though asteras did look like they came for blood today..

eipa thanks ston gauro giati pisteuo oti autos exase tin niki... for me asteras was a metria omada in the second half with a very strong defence... cardozo :nw:

Archived