1. 1. Who goes on and how?

• Victory for PAO
    • Victory for Rangers
    • 0:0 Tie in the 90 mins and Victory for PAO
    • 0:0 Tie in the 90 mins and Victory for Rangers

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a thriller worthy of our best Euro games. Rangers will score first in the first half. The rest of the half will go by with people in the stands murmuring and Phantis forum calling for Peseiro's left foot.

But have faith. We we'll pull it off in the second half.

Salpigidis will score around 65' right before he is replaced by Papadopoulos :P ,

The winner will come in 88' (after Galinovic has a double save from three meters our) by Ninis who will be the hero all over again :tup:

After the game Ferguson will fly to Greece to sign the papers: Ninis to ManU for 10m and Manucho :la:

It might be early, but I already began thinking about this game, and looking at the available players we are fortunate to have almost everyone available.

Spyropoulos (can't play UEFAcup), and Romero, Leontiou (injured), Sariegi (might be available), and Manucho (only a few days with the team), are the only players that won't be available.

I think we'll see a careful game once again from PAO, and will try to lure Rangers to give up some space.

I think we'll play like this:

------------------Galinovic------------------

Nilsson-----Goumas----Morris------Vintra

----------Tziolis--Mattos--Karagounis-----

N'doye---------------------------Ivanschitz

------------------Salpigidis-----------------

im going to say 2-1 Pao.

In the first half will score 1-0 dominating the game with 5 clear cut chances missed by NDoye who finnally scores on his 6th chance in the 34th minute...

Second half will sit back and defend like crazy getting domninated in every aspect of the game, Super Mario will pull save after save after save to keep the score 1-0; but just when you think rangers are about to score we score a fluke goal from a deflection from a corner or cross to make the game 2-0 in the 60-70th minute, goal will be scored by Tzoilis..

However 7-10 minutes later (80th minute) Vyntra will lose possesion easly in our own half tripping over his own feet as he tries 2 drible the ball gifting a golden chance which rangers take and score a goal from. From then on untill the final wistle blow's we defend good and shut down any chances they might of had...

After the match Pao fans from all over the world jump on Phantis and start a topic blasting Vyntra for his m*****as...

Pireas, Athens(Associated Press)

by Meola Protatlitis

On Thursday, February 21st, arch rivals Panathinaikos play the second leg of their round of 32 matches against Rangers FC.

Suffice it to say that with the picture the greens have shown and their recent form, it looks like it will be an easy ride for the scottish league leaders. Gone are the years of The Captain. Mr Vardinogiannis. The days where he would pay off top Fifa and Uefa officials to get by every round , so many years and make it to cl final, to the semi finals to the quarter finals, etc.

This season, Panathinaikos have been a shadow of a big team. BArely beating teams like Veria and Kalamaria 1-0. Having trouble scoring game after game and after 20 games having scored a whole 9 goals less then Olympiakos, the true team of greece, even though olympiakos has played one game more.

BAck to the Uefa cup game. Pao`s hopes rely on a rejuvinated lineup that has barely seen full fitness this season. Not that this is an excuse as our beloved Olympiakos have had many man games missed this season to injury and look at their form. But Panathinaikos will rely on the fact that A healed Ninis, Eki Gonzalez and newcomer Manucho will help them get by the Scottish powerhouse..

The question i have is how does Pao expect to beat Chelsea when they only scored one goal at home against Ergotelis. OOPS i meant Olympiakos. I mean Rangers. I mean PAo.ummmmm moving on...

There are many questions that Pao must ask themselves before thursdays game.

Do they have the capability of playing in Europe and chasing the superleague title. Does their lack of experience in europe give them a disadvantage going into this match. Will having Lemonis as a coach grow to cause problems in this high profile match. What? Peseiro.. not Lemonis.

The chances of pao winning and advancing in this match are slim. They dont have the skill or class to do so.

When u beat Kalamaria, Veria and Ergotelis 1-0 in Karaiskaki, sorry, Leoforos, how can u possibly think you can compete in Europe against a team like Chelsea...DAMMMMIT, Rangers.

I see rangers winning easily in Leoforos. Rangers could have scored 3 goals on their 3 chances in Scotland. PAo only had 2 chances even though they didnt press up front and 3 of their most offensive players were on the bench.

I see an exit from the competition.. and our hopes will Finally only rely on Olympiakos. Against Chelsea.... Oh well....

Pireas, Athens

Olympiakso reporter, NikosVazelas`Twin.

copyright vazelas.com 1999-2008- All right reserved

I find it really funny that someone votes here without having the "guts" to at least show who he is 

But its ok with me 

thats fine

i voted that rangers to progress

the vote is a bit misleading bc it says rangers victory - what i wanted to say is unfortunately i dont think we will win- i think rangers can and will score but the game will end 1-1

i thik we will be exposed at the back especially if rangers play defensively and on the counter...particularly from wateva side vyntra plays

in order to win i think he needs to play eki in the middle, ivan on the left and kara on the right (yes not ninis but kara) but i think ninis needs to come on roughly around 65th min to freshen up the right side for either kara/eki

i think ndoye and salpi need to start up front and definately not postiga

ndoye would be more suited to the physical game of the scots where as postiga will either dissappear or just be harshly tackled and be injury prone

galinovic to start over malarz

in the back goumas and morris - deifnately not sariegi bc then will just lose the game as hes speed will be exposed on any counter (for example asteras tripolis at leoforos) nilsson on the right and i have no comment who should play on the left (i would do something stupid here and say we should play dimoutsos right bak and nilsson left bak ? could work) just to leave vyntra out

anyways

it will be tough but im gonna be more pessimistic than optimistic

there you go tsolgani - its not that i didnt have guts its more that im just sceptical and didnt have tim eto post when i voted LOL

I find it really funny that someone votes here without having the "guts" to at least show who he is 

But its ok with me 

thats fine

i voted that rangers to progress

the vote is a bit misleading bc it says rangers victory - what i wanted to say is unfortunately i dont think we will win- i think rangers can and will score but the game will end 1-1

i thik we will be exposed at the back especially if rangers play defensively and on the counter...particularly from wateva side vyntra plays

in order to win i think he needs to play eki in the middle, ivan on the left and kara on the right (yes not ninis but kara) but i think ninis needs to come on roughly around 65th min to freshen up the right side for either kara/eki

i think ndoye and salpi need to start up front and definately not postiga

ndoye would be more suited to the physical game of the scots where as postiga will either dissappear or just be harshly tackled and be injury prone

galinovic to start over malarz

in the back goumas and morris - deifnately not sariegi bc then will just lose the game as hes speed will be exposed on any counter (for example asteras tripolis at leoforos) nilsson on the right and i have no comment who should play on the left (i would do something stupid here and say we should play dimoutsos right bak and nilsson left bak ? could work) just to leave vyntra out

anyways

it will be tough but im gonna be more pessimistic than optimistic

there you go tsolgani - its not that i didnt have guts its more that im just sceptical and didnt have tim eto post when i voted LOL

sorry adonis didnt meant to offend you but i thought its just someone who did a click without really having smt to understate his opinion

lol thats fine!

anyways i do actually want my team to win

i only voted that way so im not dissappointed if we dun get through and doubly happy when we do go through lol

:whistle: :P

I am definitely sure we will get through. Dont ask me why but i think its going to be the best appearance we did this season in an international games.

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

I agree with Adonis' thoughts, except for two points.

I think we do need Tziolis next to Mattos, expecially to prevent Rangers from counter-attacking or organizing in midfield with ease. All the games I have watched so far (just about all of them) Tziolis does an incredible amount of work outside the opponent's box when we lose the ball. I think he gets a lot of flack for no reason. He is one of the major reasons we are doing well this season, and I am proud to see at least one of the youths we acquired a few years ago become a successful starter.

Having two DM's allows our OMs to play more attacking football. It does not mean more defensive game because the OMs get to focus more on attacking, and besides, I think both Mattos and Tziolis are very creative as DMs. If the team can't win the ball in midfield we end up with everyone backpedaling. Does anyone remember how Gonzales had to play so deep under Malezani and everyone complained why he plays him as a DM? Well, Gonzales was not playing DM, he was just trying to get the damn ball by dropping deep and helping defensively.

Second, I think the constant heckling of Vintra is more due to fan momentum from last year, and is not based on his performance this year. He does have the propensity to make mind boggling unforced errors, but this year that the whole team plays well, Vintra has contributed a great deal defensively. I no longer fear that opponents would exploit his side because it has not happened this year. He is probably the fastest defender we have and he would be perfect for a game like the one against Rangers.

the game will show on NET & ERT world at 12.00 pm (local time).. no more tickets left!!!! 11.30 pm theres a pre game show!!! good luck to us!

12:00? !?? So early is the game? you mean American time?

yeap... i was suprise too... way too early for uefa game!!! but i think they did cuz glaskow is too far and kourastiko taksidi...

The big game is in two days and I am already in pre-game mode. I was looking at some game info and statistics:

Panathinaikos has not conceded a goal in their home games in UEFAcup this year.

Simao and Nilsson are within a booking ban.

Our first scorer in UEFA cup is Papadopoulos with 5 goals (three of them against Artmedia, and another one with Penalty against Artmedia). Second scorer is Salpigidis with 4 (two against Lokomotiv). N'doye has two, and Goumas has one. No one else has scored.

Appearances: Tziolis (7, 630 min). Vintra (6, 540 min), Papadopoulos (6, 466 min)

Assists converted: Ivanschitz (2), Vintra, Mattos, Tziolis, Karagounis (1)

Hit the woodwork: Mattos, Tziolis (once)

The game is at 19:00 Greek time (12:00 noon EST) but feel free to set up your kerkida at noon Posted Image

Complete pre-game report in my signature >>>

oh well better earlier than later for me.... i really hope we win this one..

Rangers really make me angry.

i wanna sleep tho :P :P 12 pm reminds me a greek league... varethika pia olo 12!!! :P :LOL:

Archived