Phantis Forums

The End

Just in case anyone is wondering. I have been removed from these forums by the acting administrators. I have been removed a the administrator as well as moderator for the PAOK and TV/Radio forums.

The official reason the administrators will give publicly according to a pm a received will be that I left for personal resons. Nothing could be closer to the truth. The true reason is that I defended mine and others right for free expression.

After 7 full years of contributions to these forums, and countless hours spent updating various sections of Phantis, including the PAOK section, TV Schedules, etc., this is my last post on Phantis. It's been fun all those years. Hope some of you had fun reading my posts and contributions. See you at other PAOK forums/TV related forums.

Ziaka will never appear here again.

The End.

Say it ain't so Ziaka! :(

So who exactly owns this site, I thought you were the adminstrator, there are other higher powers?! What is it that has ticked off 'Big Brother' that they are pushing you out the door??

It just won't be the same with you, Ziaka IS Phantis and Phantis is Ziaka IMO (well at least the Soccer on TV forums) :)

:gr:

who ever the moderator is.. he is a w..a..n..k...e...r

he has given me 20% warning for doing nothing wrong at all..

ziaka was so good at posting.. and provided us with useful information and feeback at the best of times..

good way to treat people who have been with phantis for years

stuff you moderator

give me another 20% i dont care either..

levendi2000, you have been temporarily put under moderation - by me. I don't know yet who put the +20% on you, nor do I care. Learn to respect other members, admins, mods, and/or people in general. You had this coming for a while now. I would've let this slide, because you don't have the full story here, but this has been the xth offence in x days.

Anyways, although it is indeed sad to see a person that has been an administrator, contributor, member, ... of this site for so many years leave, I would like to give you all a little piece of advice, without wanting to sound pretentious or arrogant.

Don't judge people without hearing both/all sides of a story. Keep this in mind.

Life and Phantis, neither one nor the other ends at Ziaka's departure. May he find what he's looking for wherever he's going. Goodbye kai sto kalo!

Well I DO happen to know Ziaka, PERSONALLY.

First class individual all the way.

Soft spoken, mild mannered, selfless, and one of the rare individuals that I would put on a pedestal.

I have no way of knowing what the rift is all about (I'll probably find out later), but I find it VERY difficult to believe Ziaka would be out of line. All I can say is its this sites loss that an individual like Ziaka has decided to depart, or been forced to depart.

Guest TheLegend

You know what would probably cool speculation down. Someone telling us the story.... what actualy happened. That way you dont have people cursing and swearing at each other.

Well I DO happen to know Ziaka, PERSONALLY.

First class individual all the way.

Soft spoken, mild mannered, selfless, and one of the rare individuals that I would put on a pedestal.

I have no way of knowing what the rift is all about (I'll probably find out later), but I find it VERY difficult to believe Ziaka would be out of line. All I can say is its this sites loss that an individual like Ziaka has decided to depart, or been forced to depart.

I've just noticed this topic... I don't know Ziaka personally but even i can tell that he's a great guy who's offered alot to this site.

Sorry to say this but some of the Phantis mods have gone mad. They think they have some moral duty to cleanse the site of any form of speech that they deem inappropriate (at times being reminiscent of Nazi Germany!)...

I mean God knows I've deserved some of my warnings, but on some of the stuff I feel as though I've been a victim of a censorship of speech. Having said this, Ziaka and I are very diff examples. Like I said, I've deserved many of the warnings I've received, i can be a bit of a hot head that can get carried away with my posts. And at the end of the day I'm just some bum that offers virtually nothing to this site in the bigger scheme of things. Whereas Ziaka has dedicated a part of his life to this forum and as far as I'm concerned appears to be a very gentle and just man. I don't know what the fall out was about, but for goodness sake guys sort it out!

I hope a couple of the nicer and more sane mods on here like Irlandos, Genome, etc, can act as peace mediators here because losing Ziaka is nuts. That would be like Djole leaving Oly for PAO! :P Come on Ziaka, stay with us!!!!

It has been great knowing and working with you Ziaka and i hope that you might find what u are looking for.....Thanks for all the help and advise.

A good man has gone but life will go on.....

Ziaka was removed from forum administrator. Removing him was a collective decision. He alone opted to resign from moderating and managing the forums of PAOK and this one. He also resigned from maintaining his TV schedules section and the Soccer Predictions game.

Being an administrator or moderator in these forums is not a lifetime appointment. People are constantly evaluated by their peers and fellow members. We were not happy with his performance as an administrator and did not want him representing these forums on that level any longer. Yes, he participated in more activities and areas. But that would not be enough to hold us hostages and compromise the integrity and values of these forums. Again, we decided that he did not fit in as an administrator any longer.

It's as simple as that.

We wanted this to be a private matter, he opted to air things out in public.

Maybe, he thinks it serves him better this way. We know our decision was the right thing for these forums.

Yes, the fact that he is leaving the forums is a loss for all of us. But that is his choice.

As a public forum and as a service we will try to continue being one the best.

If there is anybody willing to help us with things like moderating forums or maintaining and updating a TV schedule section, then you can contact me directly to discuss the details. The same with the other services that Ziaka has resigned from.

Already, Genome and Crazy (both great guys) are stepping up to cover and contribute in some areas. I'll have to personally roll up my sleeves as well and make sure I do my share. And that's how these forums work. It's called teamwork!

Yeah, it's not going to be a piece of cake, but we'll continue giving it our best shot. We are confident we are going to improve in all aspects.

Some times things come to an end. But the end of one thing is always the beginning of something new.

We will build upon it.

Boy, that's about as lame an explanation as I've ever heard.

The fact that he's leaving is HIS choice?

Yes. Lets put the guy in a bind, and then when he decides to not "go along with the program" and resigns, we claim it was his choice. BRILLIANT. STUPENDOUS. You can now all pat yourselves on the back for that earth shattering piece of brilliance.

What exaclty about his performance was unsatisfactory, or will that remain a closely guarded secret as well?

Anyone who knows Ziaka knows that he's an absolute CONSUMATE PROFESSIONAL in ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING he does. Pays absolutely meticulous attention to even the most minute detail.

I highly doubt anyone on these forums knows Ziaka as well as I do, and maybe my opinion is biased, but I'm also probably the ONLY person here who has seen him work up close and personal. He's a first class individual and does a first class job in any endeavor he undertakes. To insinuate otherwise is an absolute insult to people's intelligence.

Have fun trying to "build" on whatever it is you have going here. And then people wonder why the "other" forum is leaps and bounds ahead of this one-membership, participation, sponsorship, visibility, heck, they've even organized a yearly tournament. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, you guys keep doing what you've been doing. It seems to be working just fine for you-all 12 of you!

Again, nobody has questioned the work ethic of Ziaka. We decided to remove him from an administrator for our own reasons. There's really nothing to talk about with the general public.

There are people that like these forums and people that don't. It's a free world and everybody can make their own choice. We don't care what other forums do. We run this show the way we see fit. We have a cohesive administrative team and the moderators are proving to be some of the best lads around. That's what we build upon.

To those that enjoy melodrama and think these forums are not for them... Vaya Con Dios !! Or in Greek...

You're right, people do make their choices. That's why they're all at the other site. LOL!!!!!

What an ignorant and arrogant thing to say. Hopefully, none of you run businesses in that manner. One of the most important maxims in business is to know what you're up against (your competition). But keep doing what you're doing. It seems to be working just fine. LOL!!!

You're right, people do make their choices. That's why they're all at the other site. LOL!!!!!

What an ignorant and arrogant thing to say. Hopefully, none of you run businesses in that manner. One of the most important maxims in business is to know what you're up against (your competition). But keep doing what you're doing. It seems to be working just fine. LOL!!!

This is not a court my friend and really far off of being a "business".There is no competition because we dont sell products.This is a place that people enjoy posting and interacting and have discusions about a vast majority of subjects from sports all the way to religious,society and economy.Magic word is enjoy.When people are not enjoying being here or feel that can not express themselfs freely as they would like then they do what it feels is best for them.Some people dont post and some depart.Just for your info,Lazaros is the man who actually started Phantis and all the forums pretty much and does most of the heavy technical lifting in here so for you to say anything bad about him is just stupid or shows ignorance on your part.We are not going to analyze here the reasons for Ziakas departure.He has his reasons and if Lazaros responce does not meet your satisfaction levels,then,feel free to talk to Ziaka about it.Life will as already has started to go on...

This is not a court my friend and really far off of being a "business".There is no competition because we dont sell products.This is a place that people enjoy posting and interacting and have discusions about a vast majority of subjects from sports all the way to religious,society and economy.Magic word is enjoy.When people are not enjoying being here or feel that can not express themselfs freely as they would like then they do what it feels is best for them.Some people dont post and some depart.Just for your info,Lazaros is the man who actually started Phantis and all the forums pretty much and does most of the heavy technical lifting in here so for you to say anything bad about him is just stupid or shows ignorance on your part.We are not going to analyze here the reasons for Ziakas departure.He has his reasons and if Lazaros responce does not meet your satisfaction levels,then,feel free to talk to Ziaka about it.Life will as already has started to go on...
I really could care less if you view this site as a business, hobby, or court of law. It's your prerogative. I do, however, know that human nature inherently compels individuals to strive for excellence in whatever endeavor they undertake. In that vein, if you or anybody else on this site can not take constructive criticism, then your loss, IMO.

I agree with much of what aek66 says, especially his assesment of quality over quantity. That's one of the reasons I started posting here. That being said, there still is something to be said about the GROSS DISPARITY in numbers between the two. Or maybe better yet, the alarming lack of activity on this site. Hence, when your prospective "audience" is limited to a certaiin segment of the population, and from within that segment you draw disproportionately low numbers, then maybe one should start asking questions...unless of coure you want to keep it achitchat amongst several friends, in which case I suggest a blog format.

The above isn't meant to disparage anyone, simply a suggestion from an impartial observer. I enjoy posting here, and while I don't really think that the football IQ here is higher than any other forum, I will agree that there is much less nonsense here than in other places. That being said, I do believe there are instances where an attempt to maintain a certain "line" results in an ultimately counterproductive display of speech chilling, as in this instance.

Boy, that's about as lame an explanation as I've ever heard

It seems to be working just fine for you-all 12 of you!

What an ignorant and arrogant thing to say. Hopefully, none of you run businesses in that manner.

Constructive criticism??Were exactly is it or can be found here because i dont seem to locate it...The first quote is your disapproval of a decision that you have no real idea what is about,the second one is a nice mocking attempt by your part targeting us all,the third one,is informational,we know now where some great old posters are....,and the fourth is pretty much,your point of view of a responce by Lazarus,again,with you having a 5% knowledge of what exactly has happened here,propably by your involment/friendship with Ziakas.So pretty much what are we doing here,trying to explain why Ziakas left?It was his decision and since you know him personally,call him and ask him for more info....This is an open forum and there are no locks on the doors,people can walk in or walk out whenever they please.....

I do, however, know that human nature inherently compels individuals to strive for excellence in whatever endeavor they undertake. In that vein, if you or anybody else on this site can not take constructive criticism, then your loss, IMO.

We can (although I didn't really see any from your side). However your idea of excellence might differ from that of others, the Phantis admins/mods being those others in this case. I've noticed you think of Ziaka's departure from the site as something tragic.

However as written above by Lazarus, there are already a couple of people that volunteered (and I'm sure more will come) to continue the job, and do even more than before. So don't worry about that.

If you are then so shocked because you think this somehow personal, a vendetta vs. Ziaka for whatever reason you have come up with, I can assure you, Ziaka chose to leave, and he chose to do it this way, with a lot of noise leaving a lot of things open to speculation, and yeah I will just say it as is: making some other people here look bad.

This topic doesn't leave much choice to the people that wanted to take care of the situation discretely. On the other hand it could've been closed down immediately, deleted, etc etc etc (cuz after all we're the politically correct thought police no?). However, the admins chose not to, they chose to leave this topic as is, even though they are the ones that look bad now. Like I said before don't judge if you don't know the full story (which no, you don't, and yes, we already know Kolokotronis, you're good buddy's with Ziaka).

Lazarus already explained most if not all in his post. It's your (all of you) good right to have your opinion. If you think "the other forum" is so much better, then why are you still here? I'm sure Ziaka's also a member, or something else there. You can go ahead and be friends with him there and laugh at us, the "internet-hillbillies" at Phantis, for low this and low that. However some people in charge here at Phantis made a choice to go a certain way, and I still believe values go over numbers when it comes to these things.

This is not a reality tv show ;) , and this is not your (or my) forum/site etc. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to stay.

WOW this is really turning ugly... come on guys chill out. Isn't there any way back for Ziaka? Perhaps in another role?

Despite all the arguments here I think we actually have quite a good little community. It reflects real life... you have the degenerates like me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: The intellectuals like Irlandos, Aek66, Aekrossoponti, Tsalgik, etc. Those who work hard to make the site tick like Crazy, and Genome. The evil dictator (Lazarus) and his human-rights abusing authority-figures like 2ndMouse. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: (Relax guys it was joke, no need to send the Gestapo round).

Come on guys, we have a decent little thing going here, let's sort out the problems.... get Ziaka back.

Archived