Phantis Forums

Olympiakos Appeal

levendi2000

If the Eforeftiki Epitropi of SL decides tomorrow tha Kalamaria is innocent i think Oly wont chase the issue further more.

But one thing is definitely sure. If Kalamaria gets punished tommorow then next step will be FIFA which means that the whole thing will take quite some time to clear.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Eforeftiki Epitropi of SL decides tomorrow tha Kalamaria is innocent i think Oly wont chase the issue further more.

But one thing is definitely sure. If Kalamaria gets punished tommorow then next step will be FIFA which means that the whole thing will take quite some time to clear.

I think you are right. Olympiakos will probably appeal, and I think they might have more clout in the appeals court, judging from what happened last time they went there during the Panionios issue. (I am not trying to incite a reaction. Just pointing out relevant facts...)

One of the things that always shocks simple folk like us is how easily clout and political power and good loyers can turn around a court decision even when the facts seem clear.

While I agree that the appeal is ridiculous, I think Olympiakos (and any team really) had a professional obligation to probe the issue to make sure that the opponent did not gain an unfair advantage. I would want PAO to protect the club too.

However, this was all based on hearsay and they should had checked their facts before filing. It took me a modest amount of time to find the relevant FIFA regulations, and from the looks of it, the judge had them bookmarked.

This move reeked of desperation. I think Olympiakos just woke up to the fact that they might be looking at either qualification games in July for the CL, or a cushy spot in the UEFA cup after they invested most of their Castillo purse in players. With their aging stars admitting that they can't play too many games at high level, it will be a long season if they play the SL play-outs and then have to play CL qualifications in July (for some even EURO games are also sandwiched between).

The Greek press is either incompetent to research an issue correctly (see this grossly inaccurate report for example: http://www.sport-fm.gr/article.jsp?id=119199 ), or they maintain an aura of uncertainty on purpose. I can't believe, after all these days no report has named the article Olympiakos used in their appeal.

For fans like me, it's kind of fun to see Olympiakos backpedaling after a series of horrid displays and a painful defeat at Kalamaria. I hope they keep it up.

For Panathinaikos, they should be shadowing this case carefully. There is a championship at stake, and a large volume of money that comes from the CL. We should win the SL it on the pitch if we are capable, and we should be alert so no other teams gain an unfair advantage with off-the-field tricks.

There are no journalists in sports cafenio. Because, that's what it is. Phantis and Mr. Cyberfish can give you better reporting!!! :tup:

There's a credibility gap in the WHOLE SPORT (Greek football league). I refrained from commenting on this case because I thought 1. if the league approved the papers the player is good to play.... but, com'on, there are no standards and reasonable explanations in Greece 2. Any decision is possible under the shack that's called Super League and the several other agencies/depts/kleftes & armatoloi that participate in this cafenio.

Do you have any doubt that not so long ago, Oly would have gotten this decision in their favor? I still remember the Panionio-Oly case...

PS>"kleftes & armatoloi" in NOT a reference to said people who helped liberate Greece, but to the thieves and the mafia involved in the sport. :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The official decision is in: The game must be replayed!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Notice how they put out these decisions on Friday nights :whistle:

I want to know how the old battered players of Olympiakos would fair. They have problems playing a little friendly for the NT, but now they have to play an extra official game (being sarcastic here for the sake of injecting a little humor into a couple absurd situations).

terrible decision, football has lost. I hope Kalamarias does play the game and wins 2-0 and I hope Panionios hands them a thrashing in Nea Smyrni. Greece and hates you OSFP. Cant wait to see Chelsea tear into them in Kokkaliskaki

and for the rematch PAME RE PONTIOIgive them what they deserve again!

Posted Image

2. Any decision is possible under the shack that's called Super League ... :LOL:

Need to say more?... :xxx: :*&%:

So, that game must be replayed?!!! Shouldn't we play Larissa too for last year's cup? :LOL:

GEIA SOU RE ELLADARAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

what pao and aek say about it?? i didnt hear anything

PS. doste to protathlima ston gauro apo tora.

m*****es OlypiaCos the bastardizers of the prothlima

i

It is actually OLYMPIAKOS and not olypiacos....and what it means bastardizers??is that actually a word??? :blink:
I think loop might be one of the judges. He makes things up so well.

I think it's a decision that was made up irrespective of what the regulations say.

I will wait to read the actual decision before I make a final call, but in the face of it, this looks like an mob job.

What I want to see is:

"We accept Olympiakos appeal because we accept that Article ______, paragraph ____________ of the KAP (or FIFA regulations) applies here.

The penalty, or the decision to replay the game is based on article __________, paragraph ________, which says when the previous articles are violated, the game should be replayed."

If they don't publish this information (like they have been avoiding publishing it up to now) I will jump in the conspiracy bandwagon.

This case was clear cut. Either the player is ineligible and the game is forfeited, or the player is eligible and the game stands. There is not provision to repeat a game when an ineligible player participates.

Greek football is La La land. If you ever find La La land defined in a dictionary it will probably have Greek football next to it.

Sometimes I wonder why anyone bothers with this sport.

Archived