Phantis Forums

Olympiakos Appeal

levendi2000

The following article comes from www.goal.com

Olympiacos have appealed against their 1-0 defeat at Apollon Kalamarias on Sunday for the Greek Super League following the discovery that striker Roman Wallner had already played with two different clubs this season before also appearing...

Why didnt Olympiakos appeal before the game even started. im sure they do a player check before the game. i play soccer at an ametuer level and we all have card checks..

Olympiakos is a big club and should study the oppisition players when the squads are announced.. this is a very embarrassing situation for our red and white friends.. it looks to me they cant find another way to find first spot again

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pragmati, giati o olympiakos den ekane kati prin to paixnidi??? kai giati prepei o osfp na parei sta xartia to paixnidi kai oxi apla na kopoun vathmoi stin kalamaria??

an einai ontos etsi opos ta lene... as timorithei i kalamaria... oxi na parei 3 points o osfp... thats not fair at all... if i was Tzigger i would take my team off the SL.. i dont care.

Does anyone know exactly the rule they base their appeal on?

I have looked all over the FIFA rules and I can't find any reference to players who change three teams in one season.

Also, where does it say that the team who signed the player gets punished by losing the games etc.?

A link to the content of the Olympiakos appeal would be helpful.

all im saying is if kalamaria gets punished by losing the game, its a huge problem. not for pao. forget the championship. its how little FIFA thinks of our league.

they block the rangers transfer of Cousin toi fullham but nothing with kalamaria. if he isnt allowed to transfer, then why allow it.

and if they say something like:

``Well we allowed the trannsfer but he isnt allowed to play for six months``, then what does that say about the game. sure u can move but u cant work for 6 months.

The way i see it is if they allowed the transfer and if EPO gave the workpermit, then its case closed. and if they find they broke some rule, then epo should pay a fine to fifa and kalamaria be given a pass. i dont see how the team can be blamed. rules are rules but that why u have people in charge at the top. and if ur company allows it, it shouldnt be punishable directly to u.

Ok, I found it.

Here is the link to FIFA rules: http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederati...nsfer_en_25.pdf

Page 9: article 5, Paragraph 3:

"Players may be registered for a maximum of three clubs during the

period from 1 July until 30 June of the following year. During this

period, the player is only eligible to play in Official Matches for two

clubs."

The relevant words here are "register for a maximum of three clubs" and "is eligible to play for Official Matches for two clubs".

A quick wickipedia search on the internet shows that the guy was signed by Falkirk. Never played a game for them, but was loaned to Hamilton Academical where he played three games. Following that he came to Kalamaria where he played one game.

According to my research Olympiakos does not have a chance and they probably just grasping at straws to divert attention from their on-the-pitch problems.

Anyone know anything else? please speak up, but please use some facts.

Man, nothing I've read in FIFA's site says anything about a team losing a game or points. The only thing I found so far is that FIFA is the arbitrator for cases involving different associations.

I think it's fishy that we can't find the exact Olympiakos appeal anywhere. Who knows what rules they refer to.

FIFA is the arbitratior in cases involving different associations. meaning if its between associations, th arbitrator for the transfer is fifa. meaning, as was the case in Daniel Cousin`s case, if fifa deemed him ineligible to play for a third team they block the transfer. but they didnt block the kalamaria one

The Wickipedia says that he has 0 (zero) games with Falkirk this year, and three with Hamilton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Wallner

I found out that friendlies don't count as official:

"Offi cial matches: matches played within the framework of organised

football, such as national league championships, national cups and

international championships for clubs, but not including friendly and

trial matches." (pg. 5)

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederati...rs_en_33410.pdf

ok people i think i found it.

ill let u know where exactly but let me explain what i understood.

It says that a player can only be registered for one club at time and that he can only play for that club. A maximum of three registrations per year.

Furthermore a player can only register for a team within the specific dates by each association, in this case the spl and greek league. both have similar transfer periods which are at the end of the season running to the end of august and from december 31 to january 31st 8pm.

Since his loan was made out of the official transfer period as scottish football league allows for loans to be made within the association, it cannot have been a registered transfer.

Therefore, his time at hamilton will count as him being a Falkirk player as he was registered to falkirk and player registration can only happen during transfer time.

Fifa also has the right, (as in the Daniel Cousin case) to forbid a player from being transfered if he will break any of the above rules.

All this can be found on page 10 article 3 through 9 at the link Cyber posted

In case ur pc dumb heres the link again

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederati...nsfer_en_25.pdf

olympiakos have scored contreversial goals this season, all deciding the outcome of the game. they should feel lucky that they are even second.. no one is sore loser enough to make appeals vs them

Article 8 Application for Registration

The application for registration of a Professional must be submitted

together with a copy of the player‘s contract. It shall be at the discretion

of the relevant decision-making body to take account of any

contractual amendments or additional agreements that have not been

duly submitted to it.

Any contractual amendments has to be taken into account by the decision making body (EPO)

if he wasnt allowed to play EPO had to make it clear before giving him his papers.

Ok, I am done looking around. Time to resume life :P

I do think the appeal is ridiculous. Kalamaria did not try to fool anyone, nor are they responsible to search a player's complete history before signing him. This is clearly the responsibility of the two associations that validate the transfer.

Last bit of info though.

I found the SuperLeague rules that are almost an exact copy of the FIFA rules in Greek:

http://www.superleaguegreece.net/downloads...KIM_2007-08.pdf

arthro 10 makes clear that the contract of a "loaned" player is really with the team that loans him.

article 11 mentions that inneligable player is the one that has not registered with EPO (then the games he played are forfeited)

Now that I really thought about it, given some of the absurd decisions in favor of Olympiakos in the past, all these rules realy mean nothing. I remember the Karebe and Kafes insident and the Nikopolidis glove throwing thing, and the game at Panionios a few years ago...

So, let's sit tight and see what kind of rabbit will come out of the judge's hat.

PS: Now that we began this "appeal" dance, Panathinaikos should appeal the fact that Stoltidis refused to play for the NT. He clearly said that his team's responsibilities prevent him from playing for the NT so why should he play in the next Olympiakos game (I bet they will rest him on Sunday to be sure).

Guest TheLegend

PS: Now that we began this "appeal" dance, Panathinaikos should appeal the fact that Stoltidis refused to play for the NT. He clearly said that his team's responsibilities prevent him from playing for the NT so why should he play in the next Olympiakos game (I bet they will rest him on Sunday to be sure).

Um. So he is breaking a rule by saying he cant play because hes to old to be able to play to many games in a small amount of time. Here we go. Everyone knows everything again

.... It shall be at the discretion

of the relevant decision-making body to take account of any

contractual amendments or additional agreements that have not been

duly submitted to it....

if he wasnt allowed to play EPO had to make it clear before giving him his papers.

Ha ha, maybe EPO should be forfeiting their game!

Archived