Phantis Forums

Verizon one million Subs

Verizon has announced it has now over one million subscribers to its fibre FiOS IPTV service. In Q4 2007, the service gained 226,000 customers, for a year-end total of 943,000. The company is now the tenth largest provider of television services in the US. Launched in September 2005, FiOS TV offers hundreds of digital video and music channels, HD programming, and a library of more than 10,000 VOD titles.

DKSat

Guest TheLegend

I dont think they wouldnt care of ANT1. There arent that many Greek people in the USA as there are hispanic etc.

They just care about profits as all companies do

This are the International Premiums channels that are available in my area

VIETNAMESE

SBTN 480

M CHINESE

China Central TV-4 -481

CHINESE

CTI Zhong Tian Channel -482

TV JAPAN

TV Japan -483

KOREAN

Munhwa Broadcasting Corp [MBC] - 484

FILIPINO

The Filipino Channel -485

TV ASIA

TV Asia -486

ARABIC

Arabic Radio & Television [ART]- 487

ITALIAN

RAI International -488

FRENCH

TV 5 Monde -489

POLISH

TVP Polonia -490

FARSI

Rang A Rang -491

RTN RUSSIAN

Russian Television Network -492

RUSSIAN

Channel One Russi -493

DKSat

These channels are all part of the package distributed by International Networks, which is co-incidentally owned by Comcast. Most cable cos in the US that carry International channels offer channels from this package with the exception of Time Warner NY which offers a few others in addition to these.

As for them not offering Greek channels, it all depends on where this FIOS service is offered. I think I read they are looking to expand across the country?! If it is available in areas with Greek populations then I don't see why they wouldn't offer any Greek channels. If they can make money off it, they will offer it. B)

Archived