Phantis Forums

Vangelis Mantzios (retired)

DUDE

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An Italian friend told me that Parma is interested in Mantzios

Serie A may be more suited to his game, but I still don't see what the fuss is about with this kid. He couldn't do it in the Superleage AT PAO(!!!!) and he's going to do it at a weak team in Serie A? Doubt it.

Here's the article translated using babelfish

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?t...us&fr=yfp-t-501

The forward of the Panathinaikos, Evangelos Mantzios, would have entered in the view-finder of many Italian clubs in sight of this winter market. Under contract with the Greek club till 2010, Atalanta, Empoli, Parma, Lazio would be trying to carry it in Italy. The cost of the cartellino of the player would be gone around around the 2 mln of euro. Twenty-four years, imposing physicist, Mantzios a player from the great potentialities is considered in native land.

this has gotta be the most funniest translation i have ever read iin my life..

does the internet automatically translate word by word... this is like teaching a monkey how to speak english

i think parma would be a good destination for him...playing in tha italian league would suit him and a team with the goals of parma would be right at this point in his career...parma is not a bigger club then pao, nor are the clubs current expectations higher then paos...i think, given that he is offered opportunities to play, he can be an asset to a club like parma...

What do all these teams see in him? Ive never rated mantzios as a player, but if one quarter of the italien league want him he must have osmethign that i dont see in him? Hes not even close to greeces best striker so why do all these forgen leagues look at him?? Hes what 8th best striker in greece? If mantzios can play at lazio or parma, then gekas can play for juve. ( He probably could do.)

Apparently his nose started bleeding again.

Here's some pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is it broken or something? I'm glad they took him off as a precaution. If there's one player that I want at the top of his game at Euro 2008, it's him!

Btw, was this Mantzios' first goal for Frankfurt? Does anyone know how he's perceived there by the fans and management?

Guest TheLegend

If he works on his diving skills he can excell in Italy :LOL:

His ex teamate the karagounara can show him his stuff :LOL:

Btw, was this Mantzios' first goal for Frankfurt? Does anyone know how he's perceived there by the fans and management?[/b][/color]

Yup it is his first goal.

As for the fans im not 100% sure but i think they like him. Hes greek! they love the greeks in ffrankfurt! And why not? theyve done amazing there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

interesting move from a player that never really hit his stride. always has so much raw talent but was never able to harness it and work hard enough.

i find it funny that one minute he says money will not drive his decision, then he turns down an offer from AEK and PAOK to sign a bigger contract for BAKU for an extra 100K, who finished 6th after the playoff in azerbaijan last year.

:blink: oh modern football!

• Argy changed the title to Vangelis Mantzios (retired)

Archived