Phantis Forums

Tsoglani

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm old enough to know that Greek football has always been the "tsiflik" of big powerful men, many of whom were criminals on the side.

In a modern country, this would not stand, especially when all private clubs always ask (and have gotten) huge sums of money, tax breaks, and other benefits from the state.

There is little accountability. And, the fans are partly responsible for this mess, because football is so popular no government wants to fight a damaging (but necessary) fight to reform the conditions.

I remember not so long ago, that teams owed big $$ to the state, had an empty treasury, yet they'd do "metagrafes" for lots of $.... But, the fans wanted this...

Tzigger's tenure at PAO has been a disaster. He's tried everything for more than 10 years now. One gaffe upon the other. He's also a "gademis" (god damned) because my dog had it been in charge of all this money and a big club like PAO would by pure luck (you know, gambling) PAO would have gotten a couple more titles already :whistle:

I applaud this movement of PAO enosis, but I hardly think it'll be effective other than put more needed pressure on Tzigger to get out of PAO B)

Guys, I think we should wait and see. I myself am very much in favour of partnership in business, including sports, but it's not always as easy as it may look. The great benefit of having more money to spend is sometimes -not always- outbalanced by the inability to agree on important issues. So, the partners have to be in very good terms and of the same mind on some fundamental principles. Now is it just me or Vardinogiannides and Giannakopoulaioi cannot do business together? On the other hand, Vgenopoulos does not seem like the guy who would give up leadership just to help the current chairman. Practically speaking, it doesn't look good I 'm afraid. As for applying pressure on the family, I very seriously doubt they will give a damn. Would you if you were in their place?

I think Vgenopoulos doesnt point to owning the PAE. It sounds more like putting all parts of PAO together. All owners beeing part of that with Vgenopoulos as Proedros.

So to speak all owners and Vgenopoulos invest money in Panathinaikos AO. Vgenopoulos will be President of this Consortium and the Owners wont be so much in the Frontline. So to speak Vgenopoulos will be smt like Kokali but with a much more higher investmentbudget.. Imagine Money from Gianakopouloi+ Money of Verdinogianides + Money of Vgenopoulos+ Support from Palemaxous and Fans.

If so we are talking about the wealthiest Athlitiko Omilo in Greece.

this could also match with what the son of Gianakopoulos lately stated that he can imagine to be part of PAE later on since he now isnt ready for that. Vgenopoulos becomes President of this Consortium and later on it could be Dimitris Gianakopoulos.

Without him beeing owner of PAE.

I think Vgenopoulos doesnt point to owning the PAE. It sounds more like putting all parts of PAO together. All owners beeing part of that with Vgenopoulos as Proedros.

So to speak all owners and Vgenopoulos invest money in Panathinaikos AO. Vgenopoulos will be President of this Consortium and the Owners wont be so much in the Frontline. So to speak Vgenopoulos will be smt like Kokali but with a much more higher investmentbudget.. Imagine Money from Gianakopouloi+ Money of Verdinogianides + Money of Vgenopoulos+ Support from Palemaxous and Fans.

If so we are talking about the wealthiest Athlitiko Omilo in Greece.

this could also match with what the son of Gianakopoulos lately stated that he can imagine to be part of PAE later on since he now isnt ready for that. Vgenopoulos becomes President of this Consortium and later on it could be Dimitris Gianakopoulos.

Without him beeing owner of PAE.

one more thing I forgot to mention...

For whatever their style, those who manage the basketball team have done very well for PAO.

If we are to have a "union" the question is how do you maintain the championship level of the basketball team?

In the name of one club, one team, one PAO, you don't want to destroy our best team (the best in Greek sport history imo).

I'm afraid that one owner might favor one division over another. The AVERAGE of 2 teams right now would give a mediocre level! Not good.

Having said that, I think Tzigger should get out of PAO. Vgenopoulos seems a better choice. Also, the football stadium should be the responsibility/ownership/management by the team that is being built for!

Panathinaikos Ownership Disputed

A group of high-profile Panathinaikos fans issued a statement on Thursday - less than a day after the Athenian side got thrashed 4-0 in the Greek Cup by Olympiacos - calling for the club’s hiearchy to accept the contribution of others in any means possible in the club’s share capital and operation.

The group, calling itself the "Unifying Movement of Panathinaikos" ("Panathinaiki Enotiki Kinissi"), is coordinated by Andreas Vgenopoulos, the CEO of Marfin Investment Group.

They are calling for the football club’s owner, Giannis Vardinoyiannis, to make club shares available to others.

A statement issued by the Movement insists that the club should ultimately belong to the fans and the athletes who have graced the Panathinaikos colors, even though it also admits that the club owes a lot to the Vardinoyiannis family.

The Movement will announce its plans and organization in detail at a press conference next week.

According to the statement, all Panathinaikos fans will be able to participate in or otherwise support this effort.

There has been no official response by the club yet.

from Goal.com

this may or may not be off topic, but i think its kinda similar.

I was listening to supersportfm, and this oly fan called in and said he is saddened that pao and their fans are in such a mess. hes right. he says that he, as an oly fan, needs a united and strong pao, very competitve, because this allows their team to get stronger.

if we dont advance as a team, and if our competitors are not strong this weakens us in europe.

All these years, oly were the powerhouse team, and we had to face 2 or 3 times a year. this allowed us to toughen up and get strong for europe, hence our 2 great runs in europe in the last 10 years.

Oly on the otherhand, won championships with a little help and were not pushed to the limit thus making them weakened and fragile in europe kai trogane pendares apo rosenbourg.

if oly fans say we should get our act together, we should be embarrassed.

http://sports.pathfinder.gr/football/a-nat...pao/586774.html

Havent read this all, but Vgenopoulos sounds awesome.

Hes a fanatic like us, and he owns Marfin Bank and some shipping things...

I have no doubt hes a better manager than Vardinogay, at least the guy has expereince managing and developing businesses!

Also I hear he has some links to potential investors.......in Dubai.... funding our Jihad against Gavros maybe? :P

This just in: The press conference by Vgenopoulos and the fan meeting are postponed until further notice :blink:

Cyber where did you read this ?

I read the same on ethnosport but its the only site where this is mentioned.

All the other sites i read dont have this information at least till now.

Cyber where did you read this ?

I read the same on ethnosport but its the only site where this is mentioned.

All the other sites i read dont have this information at least till now.

Ok right now i read it on Sportdog too.

This is a step back for this institution. Without mentioning the reasons to make such a move will be harmfull for any further attempt considering he will loose allies from Fanside. :tdown:

Archived