Phantis Forums

Oly-PANATHINAIKOS CUP GAME

athinaios

Gents, let it rip here. Anything about the cup game on Wed.

How do you see us performing after Sunday's derby?

I think we definitely have the psychological advantage. Many players are pissed off that we didn't win this by a several goals. Hope they play the second game against gavroi with the attitude of winning it out right!

PS>I thought it'd be best to start a new thread about the cup game, since the league game got already 200 comments.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think will see Postiga comming off from the bench half way through the match...

Given with such a good performence on sunday i think the gavri will play more defencive minded with stoilidi comming back from injury...

Question whats the chances of Mattos playing in this one and will we use a full strenght squad given that we have a league game comming up? (3 games in one week is alot)

ill predict 1-1 again with the tie breaker being played in our backyard!

I think it's a different game, and I hope we don't fall into the trap of thinking that we have Olympiakos in our pocket. Olympiakos is a decent team with some players that can turn a game on a dime. We need to play with the same concentration and attitude as we played today. In these games we are going to need some luck as well, but I gather most PAO fans see this game with more optimism than before. I see a tie again and a second game in Leoforos.

:LOL:

Cyber is fine. I can't seem to get this little guy to show up. It must be something with picasa and hotlinking, although I have seen this problem here before, it might be a problem with IPB. I will probably upload it to my own server at some point but I don't want to be paying for the bandwidth. In the meantime I uploaded it to my signature so I have it handy.

BTW thanks for visiting the blog. Posted Image

mpa den ksero tipota me photoshop. although my gf does. lets say i have the picture saved on my pc, how do i add it as an avatar. explain, if u have time, and ill make my gf do it. heh. im lazy

haha i like how you added the tileorasi.gr link on your blog. ah re manga if i knew u werent watching the game i woulda told ya sooner

this is getting off topic, but it's late at night and I am sure our pao friends don't mind...

For starters you need an avatar that conforms to the guidelines of the board: 120x120 pixels in either gif, jpg, swf, png format. You can make that in any image editing software (like photoshop).

Next you need a server somewhere in the world where your can store your image. If you don't have your own server there are several online services (picasa is one owned by google, yahoo has its own, and there are some other ones out there). Usually, if you have an internet connection, your ISP offers free server space for a small web site and this would do. If you are a student, your university most definitely offers you free servers space (if they don't, change schools, it's not a good one).

If you have your own server (or ISP, or school) you will need a way to transfer your image from your computer to that server. This is the process we call uploading ("put" was the actual unix command) your image to your server. To upload it you need ftp software (unless you have direct network access to the server), a username, and a password.

By far the easiest think to do is to create an account with a service like picasa or similar, and then you can use your browser to upload your images.

Next step is to find out what the URL of this image is. I usually open it in picasa and right click to see its properties. I then copy it's address (Edit > copy).

Once you have your image uploaded, then you go to your profile here at phantis (or any other board) and click on your control panel > edit Avatar Settings.

Where it says "Enter a URL to an online avatar image, paste the URL you copied in the earlier step. Click update Avatar and you are set...

Good luck

i'm extremely nervous about this cup game as after a subpar performance olympiakos will study the film and see where they went wrong and how we were controlling the game also

with ledesma/stoltidis back they will have a much stronger presence in midfield which they clearly lacked today even with tzioli in there

point being i see olympiakos up their performance significantly aand i just hope we are ready and prepared for it, and we must finish our chances for any chance to win

'xcuse me for changing the subject...

I don't think gavroi can afford to play more defensively than they did, because this is a cup game and they must win. If they don't, they either lose and don't advance, or go back to Leoforos.

I mean it's another derby and anything can happen, but I don't see us not playing to win... That is, I hope our players don't go for a tie....

The cup is undervalued, so with euro games coming and the league being contested by 3 teams, I don't believe both teams are going to give 100% of their effort.

Look at AEK. Their only aim this season is the league title.

Don't forget. Next season only 1 Greek team plays in the CL [ok, scratch this, Nikos seems certain.... ]

i think this one might be boring....i also think OSFP might take this one, simply guessing on the chances we play like we did today 2 games in a row arent high...and we will be tired. But a win is definitly welcome...

id like to see the same starting lineup though, and see Postiga or Mantzios come in later instead of Papadopoulos.

I hope Peseiro has seen highlights from Milan's match today. Alexandre Pato, 18, scored on his Serie A debut against Napoli. I know Ancelotti is struggling at the moment but he is smart enough to play his young talent. Peseiro should do the same with Ninis and give him some playing time. Ninis should experience Karaiskaki on the pitch.

some how i dont see this game ending in a draw, either way i think PAO will be the better team.

as for the "big 3" what league doesnt have a "Big 3 or 4" I used to think that was a "bad" thing about the superleague but most leagues are really only contested by 3-4 teams.

I would like to see PAO win however a draw will still be ok, just another chance to yell at the osfp w$%kers

Archived