Phantis Forums

Michael Katsidis

I heard he was going to fight one of the Diaz boys, but I think he could be fighting that Mexican Guy, I'll get his name. There is a boxer in Australia called Anthony Mundine and he is cute and fit also, but not like Michael. Michael doesn't have a big mouth like him!

• 2 months later...

Fighting on March 22 vs Casamayor--possibly

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=11830

Juan Diaz lost to Campbell which leaves the division wide open. If Katsidis beats Casamayor, he's bound to get a shot at either Diaz or Campbell (depending on who the champ is after the rematch). If he then wins that, Amir Khan wants a shot at him. If he manages to win that too, then he'll solidify himself as a legend!

What a great article!!! Thanks alot Loup!!

This journalist really knows how to get me excited! lol. Comparing Katsidis to Jake La Motta, saying that he believes Katsidis will fight to the death, and "Katsidis is going to make you say wow at least once in this fight". Hopefully that "WOW" is the KO we all want.

DROP HIM IRON MIKE!

Did he spar vs any lefties? he got knocked down twice in the 1st min. then adjusted well. He knocked Casamayor through the ropes & I thought it was finished.He got knocked out in the 10th i think due to inexperiece. He shows alot of promise.. I think HBO was rooting for him. They are looking for the next Gatti

Did he spar vs any lefties? he got knocked down twice in the 1st min. then adjusted well. He knocked Casamayor through the ropes & I thought it was finished.He got knocked out in the 10th i think due to inexperiece. He shows alot of promise.. I think HBO was rooting for him. They are looking for the next Gatti

Yes he sparred with southpaws (lefties), but he struggled with it. Although he did break the ribs of one southpaw in sparring, but overall he struggled. To be fair this sort of defeat was coming because his fighting style is too naive. There has never been a fighter, not one, who reached the top without having a great defense. That's something he has to learn. He can still become the undisputed champ but he needs to go back to the drawing board.

@Loup, it was scheduled for 12.

Casamayor beat Katsidis by TKO in the 10th round of an epic contest. :(

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headl...VkLlbqXezF.html

was a great fight.......but Katsidis was too careless and went for all or nothing late in the game....experience won really, but watching Katsidis fight is definitly entertaining, hes a maniac and he boxes to knock you out....a bit more time in that 4th or 5th and he could have wasted Casamayor and knocked him out...but Casamayor held on...

but still, he gave it his best, got careless and will learn from it surely....good job with him, he took it to pretty much the very end and did well...... :tup: :gr:

Finally saw the fight---courtesy of Blue and White GT

Very entertaining ---I'm sure HBO will sign him to some sort of deal

As far as his abilities go-- the first round showed his inexperience, as did the knockout, which was really just a wild punch that landed, not to take anything away from Casayamor, he is a hell of a fighter. Katsidis must expect these things since he brings out the brawler in his opponents

What I liked about him, he is mean and a bit dirty, good attributes for a contender. He has heart, going down 2x and fighting back. And he is tough as hell----that body shot that lead to him knocking Casayamor through the ropes was devistating. Casayamor was in a lot of pain and no doubt Mike would have won the fight if the round didnt end so soon after.

And who knocks guys through the ropes anyway :tup: , bravo levente :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Finally saw the fight---courtesy of Blue and White GT

Very entertaining ---I'm sure HBO will sign him to some sort of deal

As far as his abilities go-- the first round showed his inexperience, as did the knockout, which was really just a wild punch that landed, not to take anything away from Casayamor, he is a hell of a fighter. Katsidis must expect these things since he brings out the brawler in his opponents

What I liked about him, he is mean and a bit dirty, good attributes for a contender. He has heart, going down 2x and fighting back. And he is tough as hell----that body shot that lead to him knocking Casayamor through the ropes was devistating. Casayamor was in a lot of pain and no doubt Mike would have won the fight if the round didnt end so soon after.

And who knocks guys through the ropes anyway :tup: , bravo levente :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

He's too naive in his fighting and too one-dimensional in his fighting. He needs to wisen up (there was no need to be throwing wild-open punches like that when he was winning on points), improve his boxing ability (he never jabs!), and tighten up his defence (he gets hit with way too many shots, and because his chin isn't great he can't afford to do that!). He certainly is exciting and has the potential to be the next Gatti imo. But he needs to ake these improvements.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Septermber vs Jesus Chaves - I have not seen him fight - but he is a veteran who has held a belt

WOW very tough for a comeback fight after Katsidis' first defeat. Chavez is a Hispanic-Texan, he was the no.1 featherweight in the world a few years ago and was so good he stepped up in weight to fight Mayweather. He's a brawler and a great pressure-fighter. He cuts off the ring well and likes to fight on the inside just like Katsidis. This will be explosive. Katsidis has to improve his defence!!! But "El Matador" is 35 now so I'm sure Katsidis will win.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived