who will go through?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. who will go through?

• Olympiakos
    • Chelsea

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone no if micheal ballack is coming back? I no hes been out on a long term injury and hasnt played a game for chelsea this year. Anyone know when hes coming back?n If he is, thats bad news. Hes a good player and it would oviesly be better if he wasnt playing.

anyone know?

I'm thinking 1-1 at Karaiskaki and 2-0 Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Oly will make a game of it but in the end, Chelsea will just be too much for them. Just hope that Adonaki doesn't get shelled like poor Chalkias (although I'd say about 3 of the goals against Aris were Chalkias' fault).

i think ballack returned in chelsea's recent liverpool match...the match with crouch's attempt of a 2 footed lunge.

ya thats right thanks alot i just found out after i posted but thanks alot... and ya like pao123 said he played today and scored

Does anyone no if micheal ballack is coming back? I no hes been out on a long term injury and hasnt played a game for chelsea this year. Anyone know when hes coming back?n If he is, thats bad news. Hes a good player and it would oviesly be better if he wasnt playing.

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/club=52...on=1/index.html

If you notice, Ballack does not appear on Chelsea's CL roster. Jose Mourinho did not select him due to injury. To my knowledge, there is no reason Avram Grant can't drop a player and add Ballack. We constantly see January transfers play for their new club in the CL so long as they haven't played for another club in the same competition. I assume Chelsea will be able to revise their roster going into the Round of 16 and include Ballack. There could be some crazy UEFA rule that states otherwise...

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/club=52...on=1/index.html

If you notice, Ballack does not appear on Chelsea's CL roster. Jose Mourinho did not select him due to injury. To my knowledge, there is no reason Avram Grant can't drop a player and add Ballack. We constantly see January transfers play for their new club in the CL so long as they haven't played for another club in the same competition. I assume Chelsea will be able to revise their roster going into the Round of 16 and include Ballack. There could be some crazy UEFA rule that states otherwise...

I remember Ballack be openly upset about being left off the roster creating speculation that a winter transfer was imminent but Mourinho had then stated that Ballack was left off the CL roster because of his injury and that if/when Chelsea progress to the knockout stages and Ballack was fit to play he would be added to the new roster.

Guys,i dont want to bust your bubble but who cares if Ballack is on their CL roster or not?Chelsea has so many star players on their squad(Drogba,Shevchenko,A.Cole,Lambard,Ferreira,Carvalho,Malouda,Terry,J.Cole,Essien,Kalou,Pizaro)that if we start thinking that way,who might be out,we better start hoping for half of them to be injured for the 2 games. :whistle:

What we need to be focused is our team and hope and pray that our key players are going to be fit and healthy(Ledesma,Galletti,Antzas,Lua Lua,Kovacevic & Djole)and that our beloved management will bring 2-3 ready to play additions so we might be able to keep up with them.2 months is a long time folks.

I would love if we could play against Chelsea right now, Lampard is out for 3 to 4 weeks, Drogba,John Terry and Florent Malouda are all out, But they still have essien, makelele, mikel, Cole.

So injuries is not anything to hope, Okey,It would be much better like this I think but the key is to give everything

Guys,i dont want to bust your bubble but who cares if Ballack is on their CL roster or not?Chelsea has so many star players on their squad(Drogba,Shevchenko,A.Cole,Lambard,Ferreira,Carvalho,Malouda,Terry,J.Cole,Essien,Kalou,Pizaro)that if we start thinking that way,who might be out,we better start hoping for half of them to be injured for the 2 games. :whistle:

What we need to be focused is our team and hope and pray that our key players are going to be fit and healthy(Ledesma,Galletti,Antzas,Lua Lua,Kovacevic & Djole)and that our beloved management will bring 2-3 ready to play additions so we might be able to keep up with them.2 months is a long time folks.

You're correct to an extent file, but Chelsea have 4 players in particular that make them tick. Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba. Especially Terry and Drogba. If they are out it will boost our chances dramatically. However, I agree, we can't be hoping for that, let's just hope our boys play the games of their lives!

Olympiakos will look Chelski in the eyes just like we looked at all our opponents in the group stage and with the addition of Belluci we have nothing to fear... :tup:

This year we have bought some good players and got rid of a lot of skoupidia :whistle:

Somebody said that both the W.Breman games could have gone either way????

Mate smashed them 6-1 on aggregate :LOL: :LOL:

Chelsea might come to KARAISKAKI with all their $$$$$$$$$ superstars BUT our NAO will be HELL for them :nw:

8RYLE GERA G@#A TA MO%N#*

It's what happens AFTER you look them in the eye that counts. This isn't a John Wayne spaghetti Western.

As long as we play with passion and give it 100% we will be Ok.Nobody says that we are better or stronger than Chelsea but we were weaker from Lazio and Bremen(money wise and name wise)and look what happened.Chelsea has the advantage as a stronger club but you never know.... ;)

Lazio is utter garbage. If you don't think the Greek league champ is better than the 14th placed calcio side, then, what can I tell you.

Forget about past glories. Right now Lazio is crap.

Bremen is a quality side, but one that can also give up goals by the bushel load. Don't forget, they conceded 4 to .... Hannover ... a week before they played Olympiakos. Like a lot of German sides, they're capable of the best .... and worse....in Euro competitions. As a sidenote, Bayern Munich is a much better side than Bremen, standings notwithstanding.

Not sure what you mean you'll be OK-if both sides play to their maximum potential, you'll walk away with ZERO points and probably -5 or so in goal differential.

It really has nothing to do with Olympikaos, and everything to do with Chelesea-if they're healthy and in form, you have no chance, home OR away.

Lazio is utter garbage. If you don't think the Greek league champ is better than the 14th placed calcio side, then, what can I tell you.

Forget about past glories. Right now Lazio is crap.

Bremen is a quality side, but one that can also give up goals by the bushel load. Don't forget, they conceded 4 to .... Hannover ... a week before they played Olympiakos. Like a lot of German sides, they're capable of the best .... and worse....in Euro competitions. As a sidenote, Bayern Munich is a much better side than Bremen, standings notwithstanding.

Not sure what you mean you'll be OK-if both sides play to their maximum potential, you'll walk away with ZERO points and probably -5 or so in goal differential.

It really has nothing to do with Olympikaos, and everything to do with Chelesea-if they're healthy and in form, you have no chance, home OR away.

I cant change your mind and to be honest,i dont care to do it either.Lazio might be crap as u say but its worth 92mil compared to our 64mil and had got a draw against Real at home.Bremen is no Bayern,i know,but they shared the 1st spot in Germany i believe.So dont minimize our opponents so far.I know they were no Barca or Man utd but dont make them be like Anageni karditsas :D .Chelsea as i said before has all the advantage and a bigger percentage of going through but i can be a little certain that they are not winning in Greece.I dont know,call me crazy :1eye: , but if Real madrit could not do it why should Chelsea be able?Also i can say that the 5 goals differential is a bit much.2-3 maybe,5 dont think so.Olympiakos in Europe at least,so far,has made a humangous change for the best and it is 100% player character related.You see,Lua Lua,Galletti,Kovacevic and Ledesma are not greeks,they have all played in high level teams so for them is more like a chalenge and a game than fear of a bigger opponent or Olympiakos bad history.That is why,if most of our players are healthy,we have some chance.That the way at least i see it.

• 4 weeks later...

our defense has been good lately mostly nikopolidis but i like that now we have belluschi and all these good quality players. we can do this if we believe nothing is impossible. Is Domi gonna be healthy because i really like the way he plays with galletti and djole.

What olympiakos really needs to do is get a win at home. if they do that, then we have a good chance of going through, our mentality should be that we should not be scared of playing in england its not that bad right?

our defense has been good lately mostly nikopolidis but i like that now we have belluschi and all these good quality players. we can do this if we believe nothing is impossible. Is Domi gonna be healthy because i really like the way he plays with galletti and djole.

What olympiakos really needs to do is get a win at home. if they do that, then we have a good chance of going through, our mentality should be that we should not be scared of playing in england its not that bad right?

I agree. This tie is all about setting setting objectives and meeting them:

1) Keep a clean sheet at home.

2) Win at home.

3) Be compact and organised at Stamford Bridge, but also play without fear when we get the ball. Hit them on the countrer, HARD.

If we do that we can win this tie.

I personally just don't have the belief because of our past experiences with English teams. All this excitement, all this hype, and we'll probably lose 1-0 at home and 4-1 in England. I hope I'm wrong... if so, this will be our greatest ever CL victory.

mirizomai 4ares!! ektos kai koimithei o theos pali... kai an einai kai o "agios nikopolidis" sta kala tou... tote paizei 2-3 goalakia!

:P :P

So Morphi what are you saying that Olympiacos has a good chance of going through?

I'm 50/50 on this honestly... What we have going for us is that our guys are coming back and are starting to be healthy again... BUT we're talking about the mighty Chelsea here..

Just wanted to get your input on this. THANKS

I was only updating Chelsea's form.

Now that you are asking my opinion, I really don't know. The problem for Olympiakos is that Chelsea tends to win game without playing great football.

Anelka is in great form, SWP and Joe Cole are doing well and the defense looks great.

I think you would have been better off with Liverpool than Chelsea to be honest.

Archived