Phantis Forums

Panionios - PAO

MadBoy13

a second away tough game for panatha... 500 opadoi mas tha einai stin Nea Smirni!

- Saturday, December 15

- 19.00 at Nea Smirni (local time)

- Live from Ant1 Satelitte and Supersport 1 in greece

- matchday 12

- Referee: -

3. PANATHINAIKOS 24 (4-1-1 AWAY) (12-3 GOALS AWAY)

8. PANIONIOS 15 (3-1-1 HOME) (9-7 GOALS HOME)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, I don't care what they say about tradition (that PAO wins in N. Smyrni). I think this Panionios is better than teams in the past, and if we play like the last away game (Larisa), we won't win and take advantage when our 2 main opponents play each other and points will be lost.

i dont know paidia alla oses fores exei paiksei o fyssas i omada gia kapion logo travaei pio poly.... plus dimoutos deksia kai ivan aristera me salpi kai pap stin epithesi i panatha petaei....

I've noticed the same thing, that only 1 or 2 set of players work very well for us, as they produce much better chemistry.

I understand the need/necessity for rotation, but we have ways to go to get to the level where Pesseiro can use 4-5 different players and get the same output.

I think Fyssas showed that on his day he can be a dominating LB. If he can keep this kind of play up, he should be the starter.

Also, it's time for our wingers (karagounis, Ivanschitz, Dimoutsos) to play a bit more free. It's been a couple of games when they are more busy covering in midfield than attacking. If we play two DMs and if we hold our fullbacks behind center field, we should be able to see our wingers push forward more (unless they can't).

I'd like to see Mantzios get the same chances Papadopoulos and N'doye have ejoyed up to now.

Mantzios has played five games (265 minutes total) and has two goals.

Papadopoulos has played 11 games (662 min total) and has one goal.

N'Doye has played 10 games (449 min total) and has not scored yet.

Salpigidis has played 10 games (703 min total) and has 6 goals.

with Simao playing so well, we could field

----------------Galinovic--------------

Nilsson--Sariegi--Morris--Fyssas

-------Tziolis---Mattos--Simao---

------------Karagounis--------------

-------Salpigidis---Mantzios--------

I think Fyssas showed that on his day he can be a dominating LB. If he can keep this kind of play up, he should be the starter.... I'd like to see Mantzios get the same chances Papadopoulos and N'doye have ejoyed up to now.

with Simao playing so well, we could field

----------------Galinovic--------------

Nilsson--Sariegi--Morris--Fyssas

-------Tziolis---Mattos--Simao---

------------Karagounis--------------

-------Salpigidis---Mantzios--------

This takes my vote. :tup:

With giving Ninis playing time; we should be bringing him up to speed slowly but steadily.

[in another thread about winter transfers, it appears that Eki is done.... I mean, I hope it's not true and that he gets another chance to show if he's still got it]

Friday night reports indicate that Goumas and Fyssas are injured. Mattos will return.

No Goumas isnt injured anymore but he lost many training sessions and thats why Peseiro didnt get him in the 18 person squad. Fyssas seems to have some problems and was taken out out of precaution.

35' boring game, not much to write about it. I don't see the urgency for PAO. Probably the first half will be wasted.

Our main opponents are bound (one or both) to lose points tomorrow, so we should win this one :angry:

:xxx: Panionios takes advantage of our shoddy defense and scores. 1-0 (42'). We haven't visited the opponent's box yet! All "chances" are with long shots! No chemistry. I don't understand why at least our guys don't have urgency to win!

:angry:

same sshit different year....

Morris is terrible, our strikers are hopeless and Karagounis is useless....

why does peshiteiro wait till were down to make changes on a failing side???

we lose this were bound to lose to Baok and Osfp and thats season over, though even if we win both were still doubtful to actually follow through after 2-3 good games without ###### it up

:tdown:

Re Drako, relax man. Salpi isn't the problem. What do you expect him to do in a game like this today? If we don't creat chances in the box, but all of our efforts have been with long shots, what is Salpi going to do?

When the team creates chances he scores often. And, he has created several chances for others to score.

PS>I was very critical of the way management treated Gekas and the way he was offered to PAOK,and later to Bochum. But, Gekas could do nothing to help us in this match the way the team plays.

Btw, Salpi could score more goals and make a better name for himself if he played for another big euro team where he got better service! Let's compare relevant things here.

I share your frustration though :ph34r:

Archived