Phantis Forums

Atletiko-PAO

athinaios

I know we've qualified for the next round, but I think it makes sense to get first place in our group so we can get a "weak" UEFA team next, instead of a more difficult opponent.

I think we'll tie... I didn't like how we played against Ira last Sunday, but euro play is different. What ya guys think?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably the toughest game to date, especially since our incentives are not very strong. I think a good result is possible in Madrid. We have 9 points and Athletico 7, so even with a tie we go through as first.

I watched every Pao game this year, and while the team is not "flashy", they play very "tight" and have exhibited excellent defensive behavior despite all the constant rotation of players. Our central axis (CBs and DMs) has played very well in all the games I've seen, so the key will be what kind of night we'll see from our fullbacks and our wingers. If the latter have a good game, our forwards can score.

Athletico I have not seen, but I gather they will have a few chances to score. With a little luck we can leave Madrid happy.

this is a very important game!!

dont mistake it just because we have advanced!! the way i see it if Pao want to be a true contender in Uefa this is the time to prove it against quality!!

every game Pao has won to date has been against weak to moderate teams so this is going to tell if Pao are ready for the big time!

Also this is a chance like most of you said to come first and play a "weaker" team next round...

i hope we play a full strenght team, im going to predict a 1-1

seeing the teams that finished 3rd in the cl.. i would not mind finishing 2nd.

benfica,marseille,rosenborg,werder,sporting,slavia,psv and possibly rangers do not spread fear.. even though they r good teams

the fact that bayern might finish third is scary.

First place with a win in Spain would be sweet, but second place is not bad either at this point.

seeing the teams that finished 3rd in the cl.. i would not mind finishing 2nd.

benfica,marseille,rosenborg,werder,sporting,slavia,psv and possibly rangers do not spread fear.. even though they r good teams

the fact that bayern might finish third is scary.

I doubt Bayern will finish 3rd in their group but even if they do. They dont have a very good time right now even in Bundesliga. If you consider that Bremen is i think 2 points behind them in Bundesliga and considering their games till now some of them i watched

It wouldnt be impossible for PAO on a good day to win even against Bayern.

If PAO plays serious against the Bayern i see lately a win is definitely possible

hey just letting you know Mr. Olympiakos whocheers for PAO when its convinient :whistle:

I cheer for every GREEK team in Europe, because I'm GREEK, love GREECE, and want what's best for GREECE!!!!

Like I said in the other message baord... who do you support in FYROM?? :LOL:

if we lose in madrid then these are the teams we will face from CL:

Sporting

Slavia Prague

Marseille

PSV

Rosenborg

Benfica

Bremen

Rangers

not to bad in my opinon, we can beat all of these teams...

I'd want to avoid Weder & Benfica. Anyone else PAO can take.

If that's the case, expect the Greek mentality to take over. PAO will go for ..tourism in Spain! On the other hand, you know, the Spaniards aren't stupid either.... they're similar to us. :LOL:

Yes, those teams are a good fit for us.

Archived