Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Werder Bremen

dark_horse

The match we all are waiting for! With the round of 16 in sight, our boys better be ready for an ultimate test. It's never easy to qualify in a match to where a club is in position to get a good result in order to advance past the group stage. Too bad our floor leader Predrag Djordevic will sit out this match due to his yellow card in Italy.

On a side note, I'm sorry I've opened up a topic about the round of 16, it wasn't apporpriate to discuss about it until we are offically through. :)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olympiakos has come a long way this year in Europe and pretty much we hold our future to our hands.We already have broken our away game curse with 2 wins in one year and now it is time to start again our home dominance by not losing this one.The only disadvantage that i see is that our captain,Djole will not play in this one but if the rest of our key players keep healthy,i am confident that we will make it to the next round. :tup:

I just realised, we havent won in a while ;)

We havent won at hoem this year, we didnt win a game last year and the year before we only won one game at home in a meaningless. So really our home record hasnt been that impressive latly. ;)

But honestly it doesnt mattar!... Olympiakos is gonna come out on fire. The Karaiskaki will be so energetic olympikos couldnt lose. This is gonna be the biggest game of our history. 4-1 :tup:

Like many have noticed, we still haven't won at home this season. We didn't win last season either.

Difference this campaign is that we've won 2 away and also gave the Real "fasistes" a good run for their pesos in the Bernabau!

However I am worried about this match, all it takes is 1 goal from them and for us to misfire and we may not even play UEFA.

I'm dissapointed with Djordjevic's discipline this season. That stupid card he got against Real in Madrid was cheap. Why do players feel the need to tell the referee that they need to give a card?

I hope his absence does not have a negative impact on the result for Oly.

Like many have noticed, we still haven't won at home this season. We didn't win last season either.

Difference this campaign is that we've won 2 away and also gave the Real "fasistes" a good run for their pesos in the Bernabau!

However I am worried about this match, all it takes is 1 goal from them and for us to misfire and we may not even play UEFA.

I'm dissapointed with Djordjevic's discipline this season. That stupid card he got against Real in Madrid was cheap. Why do players feel the need to tell the referee that they need to give a card?

I hope his absence does not have a negative impact on the result for Oly.

The good thing about it is that at least we havent lost at home this year.Lets hope that we wont in this one.Also you are right about Djole and his cards but in the heat of the moment i can understand going off your way to make a point.

My heart is saying I will be burning the place down on Wednesday, but my head is saying we don't play well at home and we have Djole out so this game is a cause for concern. Personally, I think we have to approach this like an away game in the sense that we should play on the counter attack. I would also say the Kovacevic should NEVER start! He's a super-sub, playing him early will ruin him! Replace Djole with Archubi and start the same team that we had against Lazio!

WHAT A BIG GAME FOR US! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

My heart is saying I will be burning the place down on Wednesday

No Dude,not wednesday :tdown: ,Olympiakos is playing TUESDAY 11 DECEMBER 2007 (21.45 GR)....i dont want you to miss our game :P :D

No Dude,not wednesday :tdown: ,Olympiakos is playing TUESDAY 11 DECEMBER 2007 (21.45 GR)....i dont want you to miss our game :P  :D

:LOL: I always make the same mistake, don't worry I know it's Tuesday. :D

We won 4-0 today while Weder Bremen lost to 4-3 away to Hannover. I'd have preferred they won 1-0 then lose 4-3 though. They are in great goalscoring form and that is worrying! They are capable of getting a few goals on WEDNESDAY ( :P )

I'm so worried about this game.

But here are some facts:

1) We know we can hurt them.

2) They took the lead 1-0 today and at one point it was 3-3 when they again conceded the lead. They were also beating us 1-0 at their ground ;) This will surely play on their psychological state if they do take the lead at the Karaiskaki, they will be questioning themselves as to whether they can hold a lead.

3) That pressure will be magnified by what I believe will be the greatest atmosphere we've ever seen in the new Karaiskaki.

GAMA TOUS TIN MANA OLYMPIAKE!!!!!!

2) They took the lead 1-0 today and at one point it was 3-3 when they again conceded the lead. They were also beating us 1-0 at their ground ;) This will surely play on their psychological state if they do take the lead at the Karaiskaki, they will be questioning themselves as to whether they can hold a lead.

b][/color]

those are some good points but i especially liked the second one. Do you think it would be smart if lemonis started playing public mind games. He can say something offensive but kinda make it look like hes not trying to you know what I mean? Like "Werder Bremen is a great team. They come out strong but if we never give up when were down we can beat them like what we did in germany".

2) They took the lead 1-0 today and at one point it was 3-3 when they again conceded the lead. They were also beating us 1-0 at their ground  ;)  This will surely play on their psychological state if they do take the lead at the Karaiskaki, they will be questioning themselves as to whether they can hold a lead.

b][/color]

those are some good points but i especially liked the second one. Do you think it would be smart if lemonis started playing public mind games. He can say something offensive but kinda make it look like hes not trying to you know what I mean? Like "Werder Bremen is a great team. They come out strong but if we never give up when were down we can beat them like what we did in germany".
No. That's for private motivation. You tell that to your players, not publically. You say "Let's be solid at the back because we will get chances to hurt them. Be brave when in possession and make sure you put them under early pressure before they settle in the atmosphere." You make them believe they will win, but you don't get the Weder players fired up. If it was the beginning of the tournament then that's fine. Get them to doubt themselves over the course of a few games, etc. But in a 1 off game, it's a final. Anything can happen so you don't want to be starting a war of words because it will also put pressure on your own team. Just get the boys to believe! We will do it guys, don't worry. However, the atmosphere has to be electric! Does anyone know why the stadium wasn't full today? We need to have it packed to the rafters against Weder and everyone needs to shout, sing and chant til their voicebox collapses!

We won 4-0 today while Weder Bremen lost to 4-3 away to Hannover. I'd have preferred they won 1-0 then lose 4-3 though. They are in great goalscoring form and that is worrying! They are capable of getting a few goals on WEDNESDAY ( :P )

I'm so worried about this game.

dont worry, dont forget we put in 4 today :D

I no it was agasnt a weeker side, but at least were putting them in

Archived