Phantis Forums

Lazio - Olympiakos

Olympiakara10

Olympiakos light for Lazio

Olympiakos CFP look like travelling to S.S. Lazio on Wednesday without two left-backs as Raul Bravo continues to struggle with an achilles tendon injury and Didier Domi has been ruled out for three weeks.

'Lost ground'

The Spanish defender sustained the blow in the 0-0 Matchday 4 draw against his former club Real Madrid CF and did not feature in Saturday's 1-0 defeat of GAS Veria in the Greek Super League. "He's lost some ground preparation-wise and is unlikely to play on Wednesday," said coach Panagiotis Lemonis. Frenchman Domi, meanwhile, damaged his thigh on his return from a similar injury. He last played against Werder Bremen on 3 October. Olympiakos will qualify for the knockout stage if they win in Rome.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had 3 bad showings since the Werder game in my opinion and all have come recently. The real game we were lucky not to lose 5-0 despite the tie. The Asteras Tripoli game was abysmal and we looked like crap against Veroia too. If we play anything like this against Lazio, we will eat 3 goals or more and lose. End of story.

I feel so stressed out about this game i can not even predict what the score might be.The only good thing is that our Ledesma might be ready to play so i am happy for that because whoever gets control of the midfield,controls the game and Ledesma can make a big difference.

I feel so stressed out about this game i can not even predict what the score might be.The only good thing is that our Ledesma might be ready to play so i am happy for that because whoever gets control of the midfield,controls the game and Ledesma can make a big difference.

I actually think Ledesma is so important for us that he will be the key between a positive and negative result. If he plays and is fit we'll be fine.

I hate to say it everyone but I trully think that Lazio is the better team.

If LuaLua & Kovacevic don't score in this match I don't see us even getting the draw..

It's going to be a tough match on the field and on the stand (take it easy all you hooligans)

I see a 1-0 loss

I actually think Ledesma is so important for us that he will be the key between a positive and negative result. If he plays and is fit we'll be fine.

ya i liked when oly played with two holding backs with stoldtidis and ledesma

it will be a tough game but oly can beat this team.

The only thign that remains to be seen is whether or not they can finish off a team in the cl the way they do in the superlague all these years.

only thing that worries me is the passion that lazio will be playign with as a win guarantees them continuation in europe. a tie would not be bad but they are gunning for the win. and with recent happenings with the fans and the police, i assure you stadio olimpico will be pumping like mad.

my prediction. 2-2

We've had 3 bad showings since the Werder game in my opinion and all have come recently. The real game we were lucky not to lose 5-0 despite the tie. The Asteras Tripoli game was abysmal and we looked like crap against Veroia too. If we play anything like this against Lazio, we will eat 3 goals or more and lose. End of story.

Oly have been ordinary since the Werder match, but to say that we should have lost 0 - 5 to real is a gross exagerration.

Should we have lost? yes...possibly 0 - 2 would have been fair. I don't know where you saw Real have 5 clear opportunities.

But anyway, you are correct. If the side plays like they have been recently, Lazio will win.

Olympiakos propable starting 11

---------------------------------------Nikopolidis--------------------------------------------

---Torosidis--------------Zevlakow-------------Antzas--------------------Pantos---------

------------Stoltidis------------------Ledesma---------------------Patsatzoglou(?)-------

--------Galletti-------------------------------------------------------------Djole------------

------------------------------------Lua-Lua--------------------------------------------------

(?)If Patsatzoglou is not fit to play there are 2 scenarios:a)Djole playing in the middle,Lua Lua as a left midfielder and Kovasevic as the forward,b)Mendrinos taking Patsatzoglou place in the line-up.

we are going to play well guys....we are not going to play the same way as against Veroia and the rest...

i believe the players are fit enough and did not spend a lot of effort in saturday...that was obvious....and frustrating too...

as long as we find open space in this match we will take it!!!

dont forget the referee is english, which means some fouls will not be given...this is something which we need to be aware since the italians play hard defending....

if we need a result later in the game archubi should get in to replace one of the 3 DMs

good luck thrule!!!

Djordjević leads Olympiacos revival

Predrag Djordjević has played in 59 of the 66 matches Olympiacos CFP have contested in the UEFA Champions League, but only once have the Greek champions reached the knockout stage. Victory against S.S. Lazio on Wednesday would go a long way to taking Olympiacos through again and the 35-year-old Serb, now in his 12th season with the club, cannot wait for kick-off.

Read the full interview here.

Good luck OSFP'ers ... I hope your team wins today ! ! ! :tup: :gr: :tup:

Archived