Phantis Forums

Lazio - Olympiakos

Olympiakara10

Posted Image

vs.

Posted Image

In less than 3 weeks, we will be taking on SS Lazio in Italy in the second to last game of our Champions League run. A win would have us one step into the qualifiers and a tie could be alright if we beat Werder at Karaiskaki the following game. A loss would be catastrophic and if they do lose I don't want to hear about this new Olympiakos. If Olympiakos expects to do anything in Europe, they need to win more than once outside of Greece. This is where they can get a result. If most of the injured players come back healthy, there is no excuse why you cannot get a result there. Those 2 points lost in Greece will come back to haunt us though.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By then we should have all our players back. I'd predict 1-1 but I might change my mind depending on the teams' form over the next couple of weeks.

If i am not mistaken after our game this week we play again on the 25 of the month against Veroia so hopefully Ledesma and Antzas will be ready to play so we might show up better than we did against Real.I will be happy with 1-1 but i dream about a 1-2. :tup:

It would be nice if rocci and/or and padev were missing. :D

There the only two players that score for lazio!

For now ima say 1 - 1 with the first goal coming from lua lua (hes gonna get one soon) and rocci gets a late minute equaliser ;)

:LOL: I'll help! (Unless it's a hot day, then you can do all the heavy lifting, I'll just give you some encouragement "TELIONE RE m#$%! NA PAME SPITI!!" :P

We have a deal Mr.DUDE :D :tup:

I see this scenario for the last two game days. Laz - Oly draws 1 - 1. The same result for Werder at home against Real. Thus Real are not 100% sure group winners and will have to put a strong team on the pitch against Lazio in the last game.If we do our job against Bremen at Karaskaki, i'm pretty sure Real will not get less than a draw against the romans.

I do believe we are up for quite the thriller over the coming weeks :la:

After the weekends murder of a Lazio fan from an italian police officer,we have many different scenarios about the whole game situation.The italian federation is considering from having the game:1) with NO fans at all(Italians or Greeks),2)with only season holder tickets fans(Lazio has 15.000,so Olympiakos with 5%=700 only osfp fans) or 3)Nothing changing and Osfp working with the Italian police to avoid any violence from the 5.500 olympiakos fans going to that game.If nothing changes Olympiakos will ask for an additional 2000 tickets.

2 hours later after my post:

If there's gonna be any trouble, it will be both sides fighting the police and not eachother. I dont see Lazio and Oly fans battling it out despite they're right wing tradition and our left wing association. Full fan ban on both sides or play the game as intended i say. It would've been quite the irony if we'd played two games against Lazio with empty stands.

If there's gonna be any trouble, it will be both sides fighting the police and not eachother. I dont see Lazio and Oly fans battling it out despite they're right wing tradition and our left wing association. Full fan ban on both sides or play the game as intended i say. It would've been quite the irony if we'd played two games against Lazio with empty stands.

As much as I'd love to see our 5,500 fans turn this into a home game it's stupid to play this game with fans. 8a ginei tis p******s!

As much as I'd love to see our 5,500 fans turn this into a home game it's stupid to play this game with fans. 8a ginei tis p******s!

I dont think that Uefa will be pleased if the stadium is empty.Also i dont believe that Lazio and Olympiakos fans will start together trouble with the police.I understand the emotions and frustration of the Lazio supporters but we are going there to play a game,support our team and get a win.On the other hand if the stadium is empty,even better for us,no home court advantage,that way it will be more fair since our stadium was empty in our first meeting.

this match will defantly an emotional one... I hope they ban the serie A for a bit because they seriuosly need a bit of disipline in Italy. I no its off for a bit, and it can affect lazios form and hopefully olympiakos can take advantage.

0-1 Nikpolidis gets a statue

I'll take the result, but your prediction of Nikopolidis being the hero is a little hard to believe.

Just to let everyone know how this guy is perceived outside Greece I will tell you all a story.

I was walking past a periptero in Athens 4 days ago with a guy I met from Barcelona. He spotted a set of photos hanging and went up to the Nikopolidis photo and I kid you not, he goes with a laugh "I know this player...he is sh1t! Merda... no very good!" and I looked at him as I thought maybe this guy has read my mind or something as I seriously have never rated Nikopolidis.

Nikopolidis may have pulled off some stops against Real 2 weeks ago, but in all seriousness he has been below the standard of an international GK for maybe ever as far as I am concerned and most neutral and non-Greek football critics see it like that as well.

His ball distribution is horrendous as evidenced with his part in the goal for Ast. Tripolis and he has the reflexes of geriatric pithika! The sooner Sifakis takes his place the better!

Olympiakos thoughts on Lazio meeting

Olympiakos CFP warmed up for their vital trip to S.S. Lazio by beating promoted GAS Veria 1-0 in the Super League on Saturday. Serbia striker Darko Kovacevic scored the only goal in the 36th minute but coach Panagiotis Lemonis was not pleased. "We lacked rhythm and our attacking play wasn't fluent," he said. "My players were obviously thinking about the Lazio match."

Archived