Phantis Forums

Tresor Lomana LuaLua

DUDE

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading his life story from the Olympiakos magazine and what this guy has been,i am really happy that he is with our team and it is great news that he is pleased with his time in Greece so far.He is a quality player and a really good entertainer. :tup:

Poor guys son died I think. Hope he stays with us for a long time...

P.S. If I didn't first suggest Lua Lua as a signing before he was even linked it never would have happened because we all know Kokkalis reads Phantis and takes our advice!

P.S. If I didn't first suggest Lua Lua as a signing before he was even linked it never would have happened because we all know Kokkalis reads Phantis and takes our advice![/b][/color]

:LOL: :LOL: You might be right,who knows.

Poor guys son died I think. Hope he stays with us for a long time...

P.S. If I didn't first suggest Lua Lua as a signing before he was even linked it never would have happened because we all know Kokkalis reads Phantis and takes our advice!

As far as aI can remember, you were the one to suggest such a "crazy" notion at the time and who would have imagined that Ilija Ivic and the kokkalides' would take you seriously?!! :P

I'm glad they did! Lua Lua has been fantastic.

He's son did recently pass away and I hope that his family can move on as best as they can and they spend a long time in Greece.

Why am I hearing m#$%! Bravo is pulling an Ouaddou and wants to leave already?

From what i have heard so far his wife is missing the life in spain and there was an article at FOS of sports about it that pissed off Olympiakos management and they made some statements about players family privacy but Bravo has asked 2 times to be substituded because of muscle pains during games while Lemonis was getting ready to substitute other players. :unsure: Bravo said that he is happy and satisfied here in Greece but who can be 100% sure???Now with Antzas out for a month the spaniard better be ready because he is going to be one of the players at defence against Real madrid and there is to much hanging from that game.

Lua Lua's top 6 statements since he's been at Olympiakos:

Lua Lua statement #6: "When I stop playing football I might become a reporter. It would be a lot easier for me than it is for you guys as I already know big name star players." :D

Lua Lua statement #5: "I have found three beautiful homes to choose from. I will buy one of them and will stay in Greece for many years to come." :tup:

Lua Lua statement #4: "I started to learn Spanish as at one point in time Sevilla was interested in me and I was certain I was going to move there." :P

Lua Lua statement #3: "I know Panionios' Berthe as I played against him in England. During a match he hit me so hard that I laid on the pitch for quite some time." :LOL:

Lua Lua statement #2: "My religion does not allow me to gamble. However, any friend of mine can submit a bet for me." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Lua Lua statement #1: "I will score the first goal, Galletti the second, and Darko the third." :o (Against Panionios, and he was right!)

After reading his life story from the Olympiakos magazine and what this guy has been,i am really happy that he is with our team and it is great news that he is pleased with his time in Greece so far.He is a quality player and a really good entertainer. :tup:

Anything else u can reveal from his lifestory? Did he stop playing football? why?

He moved to England when he was young.He had to work in a Mcdonald restaurant,they were many moments that he almost stopped soccer,he was late for a training aproval when he was just starting his carrer and the team let him go,his 18 month old baby died while he was playing for his national team and the Congo officials decided not to tell him for 2 weeks and a phone call from his father before an important game gave him the bad news and he flew to England like a mada man.Pretty much not an easy life.I will try to get you more details tomorow.

He moved to England when he was young.He had to work in a Mcdonald restaurant,they were many moments that he almost stopped soccer,he was late for a training aproval when he was just starting his carrer and the team let him go,his 18 month old baby died while he was playing for his national team and the Congo officials decided not to tell him for 2 weeks and a phone call from his father before an important game gave him the bad news and he flew to England like a mada man.Pretty much not an easy life.I will try to get you more details tomorow.

Yep that's right. If I'm not mistaken his boy fell in a the swimming pool and drowned (or was that another Premiership footballer, I don't really remember). Also, he's a muslim, from Congo, he only really started playing football at 17 years old, before that he was a dancer and a gymnast. He always loved sport/athletics and he ended up pursuing football and was signed by Colchester.

He has also said on numerous occassions that he loves a wild atmosphere in the stands and always plays better under those circumstances. The more nuts the crowd is the more he feeds off it (so he should score a couple against Real Madrid then!) :P He's also considered to be the joker of the pack at which ever club he's at and he's always hugely popular.

he hasnt been doing to well lately but i think he will pick up his rythum soon i mean with many games left he can pick up his game.

Not to rain on anyones parade but from what i remember he wasn't playing well at Portsmouth either. Missing chances left and right just like he is now.

Crazy and Dude,thank u for the information,please if u know anything more of his biography I would really appreciate to know it :)

OK,i am just going to translate the biography that i found in the official olympiakos magazine;

Trezor Lomana Lua Lua was borned 28 December of 1980 in Kincasa,Congo.He was always an athletic type but he was more in gymnastics than soccer even tho his father was a soccer player and even has played for Congo NT.Since his parents were divorced,in 1989 he will fly over to his aunt that lived in England,Forest Gate-London.His aunt was like a second mother and with all the opportunities there he decided to stay there and not return back home.At the start everything was hard since he needed to get used of a new school,new language and new enviroment.He descibed himself as very shy at those years but with the help of his cousin he managed to become more out going and even started playing for Forest gate high school soccer team.His coach David Hat was so impressed that made him train with kids 2 years older than him.He started playing but he was still not impressed by soccer.He got to a point to play with kids that were smaller than him physically and that did not excite him.Then he went to college at Leyton University to study Media and Arts but his former coach,Hat called the college soccer coach and asked him to take Lua Lua to the team.The games were sunday but as Lua Lua is saying as a good cristian Sunday is a day of relaxation and prayer plus his aunt did not let him play all the time.His talent though could not be hidden and especially after the college final against Coltchester he was one of the stars even if his team lost.The ref of the game,Joff Harop was also a scout for Coltchester Unt asked him to try for the club.Lua Lua was not profesional though since his try out was for 10 but he showed up at 11.30 and was rejected.He returned to his college and started working at the local Mcdonald cleaning bathrooms and realizing that he lost a great chance in life.He realized his mistake so he went back to Coltchester and asked for a second chance.It was septemberof 1998.For six months he was not used at all but in his debut against 3rd category Chesterfield in the last 15 minutes that he played he scored a goal with his first tough and from then a new start was born.

Part 1.

Lua Lua was not really a profesional since he started partying and not performing as he should but the team officials were determined to make him a good player and so after a lot of talking and assisting and training they made him realize that his place was with the club.In 68 games for Colchester he will start 44 times,play 24 as substitution and score 21 goals.After 2 years many Premiership teams started getting interested and even after Colchester coach Steve Whiton saying that Lua Lua is not for sale,Newcastle with Bobby Robson as a coach on September 2000 spends 2.25 milion pounds to get him for 5 years.He scored his first goal for his new club on a game against Derby County as he scored the winner in the last minutes,3-2 final score.He played 88,scored 9 goals and started for 21 games because of Belami injury.The fact that he was not used as much created problems since he said that he did not like getting all this money and staying on the bench,he wanted to prove his worth and play,while Robson said that he will not listen to any player telling him who to run his club.In February of 2004,after his return from Africa Cup,he got loaned to Portsmouth for 3 months and a new chapter in his carrer started...

The same month he scored his 1 goal for his new club in a defeat against Totenham 4-3,while in his 3rd game he scored the equalizer against Newcastle that saved Portsmouth from relagation.He scored 4 goals in 15 games and forced Harry Rednapp,Portsmouth coach,to offer him a contract for 1.75 million pounds.Life was not peachy there since he got fined for bad behavior from the league in 2005-2006 managed to play 26 games and score 7 foals.He lost many games because of a serious leg injury after his celebration,(toumpes) after a goal against Arsenal.He also got infected with (elonosia)after a game in Africa with his NT.

With his NT got called in 2002 for the Copa Africa in Malli and then again for 2004 qualification games for the same cup in Tunisia but as a captain this time.

Part 2

Lua Lua is a father of 3 but in January of 2006 lost his 18 month son from pneumonia.At that time he was at Egypt playing with his NT for the Copa Africa but the officials of Congl decided not to let him know so he could continue playing.After 2 weeks his father called to wish him good luck and gave him the bad news about little Oliver.Lua Lua was so devastated that he even missed his sons funeral,that just got on a plane right away and went back to London.He never blamed anyone for the whole incident.

He was asked how he is going to recover from than and he said that he has 2 more kids and he is got to be strong for them.Soccer is my therapy he said.

Portsmouth resigned him in the summer of 2006 for 3 more years and in his first year,he had an early injury,played 24 games,started in only 8 and scored only 2 goals.His coach,Harry Rednapp believed that Lua Lua needed a change of scenary and that is when Olympiakos showed up.The rest is to be seen.

Part 3 the end. :tup:

Not to rain on anyones parade but from what i remember he wasn't playing well at Portsmouth either. Missing chances left and right just like he is now.

In his first 2 years he was great, then last year he was beset by injuries. He's still very popular among Portsmouth fans though.

Archived