Phantis Forums

Euro 2008: Norway - Turkey

Who will win in Oslo?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win in Oslo?

• Norway
    • Turkey
    • Draw

This match will be a dandy, both teams fighting for the final qualifying spot in Group C. The situation is Turkey must beat Norway to ensure they play with Greece in Euro 2008. Norway is in a better spot needing a victory or a draw. I'm afriad to say this but Norway will win this match, 2-0 for NORGE. Good luck to our Turkish friends.

After what I've seen of the Turkish NT, I am also going to say 2-0 to Noreg (that's how we common folks say it ;) ).

However, my sincerest wishes are that somehow Turkiye play a flawless game and qualify alongside Greece. I would watch all Turkey games in the finals but somehow Norway-Croatia or Norway-Romania would not interest me in the least bit!

I think we'll see a score-draw (2-2) with Turkey crashing out of Euro 2008 qualifiers!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

P.S. Isn't it great how all the Turkish posters like Turkcell and Fenerbahce SK who came running their mouths in March have just disappeared from the boards? :LOL: :gr:

COME ON NORWAY, FINISH THE JOB!!!!!!!

dude, you seriously take things for granted :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

either we "produce" a rabbit out of the hat or lose dramatically, i think these are the last days of Terim's reign in NT.

my mind speaks a draw but i would be pleased to beat norway away anytime whether or not it is a qualifier final..

it could be one of those games we play horrificly bad but get to win 1-0 (last WC qualifiers in Ukraine and Albania) or lose like badasses (Swiss game away in playoffs or Ukraine game at home in WC quals)..

we would see.. we would be much more colourful in terms of football and fans compared to norway though in the tournament, if we make it..

• 3 weeks later...

Terim certain Turkey can deliver

Turkey coach Fatih Terim insists "anything is possible" as his side prepare for a match against Norway that they must win to have a realistic chance of reaching UEFA EURO 2008™.

Full article here.

Funny how his certainty went from "we will win" (against Greece, before he lost) to "anything is possible" (after he lost from us :D) ...

Does anyone know where I can buy a Norway football shirt and king-size flag before Saturday? :D

You are baaaaaaadddd :D :D I must be honest,now that the Greek NT already got the ticket for Euro 2008,this is a game that i really dont care about but i dont believe that Turkey can get a win if they play the same way they did against us.They will need to performe great and minimize their mistakes if they want to see a good result.

Norway have been known to play a bland, possession type football with 1-0 scores.

It will be up to Turkey to attack and get the victory, however, with a leaky defence, like they showed us in Istanbul, that will be very risky.

I said it before: I would rather see Turkey in the 2008 finals but, I can't see that happening.

Archived