Phantis Forums

AEK Supporters Discussion

Damianos

Well, i decided to open this topic after reading a lot of negative comments about how we play and about our players. Everyone should have a say on the players and team, but after some of the comments i've read i've started to wonder how loyal some of AEKs supporters are.

From my point of view, 4 games from 4 without conceeding a goal, lots of goals in our games and a spot in the Uefa Cup Group Stage is an excellent start to the season. I've been wearing my AEK shirt around uni (in Australia) with so much pride!!!

So, here are some comments on players and the team that i think aren't needed. Support means, SUPPORT the team, dont constantly criticise them.

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

I fully support our team. They have done extremely well and the results are what matter. If we were playing beautiful football but losing or only drawing then who would care about the great play.

The fact that we haven't conceded any goals is extremely important....it shows that our midfielders are doing an excellent job of controlling the ball. Macho hasn't really been challenged and as long as Dellas stays fit our defense will be solid.

Manduca has had some poor games but i have faith in his abilities and will definitely be a serious threat. Hopefully, Georgeas and Lagos will return soon and we will have more depth on the team.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you Damiano. For me, supporting a team doesn't mean blindly cheering them on and accepting any and all results. I watched AEK play against Atromitos and Panionios and in both games, we were outplayed for large stretches. That being said, we got the goals when we needed them and so we got the result. Being able to play badly but still win is something all good teams should be able to do. I am happy that we haven't dropped points to any of these weaker teams (ex: Veria, Levadiakos) as this was largely our downfall last year.

However, the only reason we came away with the win against Panionios is that we scored on our chances and they didn't. Simple as that. We didn't have superior passing, or more creative offense; we just had Macho back there to save our @sses. The point is, against a better team (ex: OSFP, PAO, UEFA opponents); we might not get so lucky.

i know its only a friendly but if this is what is in store for us then god help us

the point was actually made, "its only a friendly". You dont want to win every friendly 10-0. its where you experiment with things.

Bravo!!!, brilliant result, the whole team impressed me today. We played fantastic and dominated the match, we should play Kone regulary, he is a talent and could

bag goals for us. Manu was outstanding and played great, great signing

look at oly oly chances after chances and the burried 6 on ofi.

In our 1st game of the sl and we were outshined by oly once again

we are AEK, we do not need to constantly worry about what they are doing. We will worry about ourselves. As the saying goes: "TAKE CARE OF THE LITTLE THINGS, AND THE BIG THINGS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES"

Aek better bring it on wed we gotta to better then atromitos disapointed with manduca and manu was average and im being nice, hope for a win but this game stinks to high hell as a tie

a two nill win against Atromitos was a good result. its there only loss of the season

this was seriously the worst half of soccer i have seen AEK play since demi has become president. it was such a non imaginative half that i nearly fell asleep

AEK wins with 0-1.

Not a great game but it's the result that counts!

that is what has decided the Super League over the last few years. dropping easy points to small teams away. a win is a win, and AEK will take it

What defines a good team is not only the big scores and the great games but also the ability to get reults when not playing great.That is what gets you champioships and that is what OSFP had all those years and everyone else did not.

Itotally agree if we can play so sad football and win games, wait until we really gel as a team really starts acting and playin like team aftewr some silver wear.

well said

what a easy start u have had!

atromitos-veria and now levadiakos

You still have to win them. am i not correct in saying Pana dropped 3 points on the weekend??? to any "easy" team???

I am not a one-eyed AEK supporter but I think it is too early to be too critical. Sure we lost comprehensively to Sevilla but we had hardly played a competitive game before then and this is basically a NEW team. The other thing to remember is that the Greek Super League is starting to even out a bit. Teams such as Aris, Larissa, Panionios have shown in the UEFA Cup that they will be difficult to take points off at their respective home grounds. And other teams such as Atromitos and Veria have shown that they can pick up points away from home. In that context, AEK's results to date are excellent. At the same time, we appear to have a very good striker in Blanco and an excellent new goalkeeper in Macho. Rivaldo is still finding his feet with his new club and as the season progresses AEK will hopefully continue tyo do well, both in the domestic league and in the UEFA Cup.

Hmmm...

I think we should clarify some things a bit.

And to avoid sounding patronising I will just say my view with no direct relevance to what is said above... only partial relevance, yet on the subject that I think that is on the spotlight here.

I am an AEK fan. And I will be an AEK fan even if my team ends up playing shitty football or even if it ends up playing in the regional championship of North-West Attica!

AEK did not play bad with Panionios. We played cleverly. We entered and run them up and down the pitch, outplayed them ... and scored. Then we deliberatelly gave them space (according to the words of Captain Lyberopoulos). And when Panionios Oppened up more we managed to score again. Not a nice game by us after the goal but effective.

Dont forget that AEK this year also is a team with many changes! Many new players. Many new A team players! Teams need time to start working! Even the more permanent presence of Dellas is a new thing to be honest!

I am flying in the clouds concerning our progress!

We create new players!

We brought in good new players!

We Brought is a world Star like Ribo (and this is also usefull)

We get much more money from sponsors.

Demis and Co have a huge vision from team to Stadium!

oh and Sevilla now loses to everybody after that bloke died so something fishy is going on and we sadly were the only ones to suffer from it !

I am happy with AEK ...

Actually AEK is entering fast into a new era !

Its entering the era when the foundation for a trully great team in Europe and the world are being layed!

I am happy!

We have made great progress, considering where the M.Ps. administration left us not too long ago. And we did it without the government's help.

It is results that count and we have gone through a number of away games with victories where big teams have been known to slip up.

We need to stay the course, get the results, have it as a goal to bring new talent into the team and, most of all, SUPPORT OUR CLUB THROUGH THICK AND THIN. :)

• 4 weeks later...

And there you have it folks. It comes full circle. AEK get the first 6 wins playing poorly in about half of those games; then comes an unlucky loss against Iraklis (we should have won that one with all the chances we had) and a bad loss against PAO, who largely outplayed, outpaced, and outworked us. Not to say "I told you so" but if you read my previous post, I said this would happen and lo and behold, it does.

Maybe now those people with the "be happy with the wins" and "its the result that counts" attitude might reconsider their assessment of the team. Btw, is anyone else confident about the Fiorentina match? Because I'm sure as hell not!

Archived