Phantis Forums

Giorgos Spanoudakis ‒ (Now Playing for Tilikratis)

Crazy

10 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I agree. But Mourgos and Spanoudakis should be at least be playing in their first teams, in order to be considered call-ups. 

that's why i said in a 3+ year period. if they have managed to establish themselves as bundesliga and premier league players by then ofc. 

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Spanoudakis ‒ VfB Stuttgart II
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Giorgos Spanoudakis ‒ SV Wacker Burghausen

If it shows anything it's that it is pointless getting excited over players when they are so young. There is so much development that goes in those teenage years that plenty of guys simply don't translate to being senior footballers. Be it growth, ability, talent or just the other kids catching up and then going past them.

It is quiet rare that someone hailed as the next superstar at 12 does indeed become a superstar, some become solid professionals but plenty become nothing special and in fact mediocre. 

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

If it shows anything it's that it is pointless getting excited over players when they are so young. There is so much development that goes in those teenage years that plenty of guys simply don't translate to being senior footballers. Be it growth, ability, talent or just the other kids catching up and then going past them.

It is quiet rare that someone hailed as the next superstar at 12 does indeed become a superstar, some become solid professionals but plenty become nothing special and in fact mediocre. 

Greece rarely produces top class midfielders and attackers. Most of them become average or trash. We mostly produce defenders and some keepers. It’s understandable to get over excited at a 18 year old Ninis or Fetfatzidis or Spanoudakis showcasing top class skill and vision at there age. The reason for this excitement is because it gives us some hope that we can produce top class players like that for Greece. We are desperate to have players that know how to create and finish there chances.  Same with this kid, showed great technique and class but has become mediocre in his career. 

The majority of our young players end up becoming mediocre career wise. The media and the way the Greek culture is doesn’t help with there development also I think. Players like Fetfa and Ninis are still quality players in my opinion, especially with what we’ve seen from the national team currently. It’s unfortunate that these players made the wrong decisions and also the injuries they’ve dealt with. Don’t know what happened with this guy though…

Our players that we have on the national team now are too basic in my opinion. I’m talking about Bakasetas, Bouchalakis, Kourbelis, Zeca. Even Masouras, Pelkas and Tzolis are basic but at least have some skill and pace to be useful. Maybe because these players are limited.

Fortounis is the only one capable (on his good day) to create and score for the team. He’s the only one. Ninis and Fetfa who’ve had mediocre careers still have the ability and skill and intelligence on the field to make Greece look more of a threat to opposing teams. Compared to what we’ve got they still are good enough. But the media and the teams they play for don’t convince some people but if you look when they have the ball at there feet they are great to watch and effective. 

I’d rather have an 18 year old in the Greek league who knows what he’s doing because of his skill and intelligence than someone who is 26 or 27 playing abroad that can’t even turn his marker because of his limitations. We need to look at ability and heart. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Giorgos Spanoudakis ‒ Free Agent
  • 5 months later...
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Giorgos Spanoudakis ‒ (Now Playing for Tilikratis)