Phantis Forums

Injuries

bar7

i'm surprised with all the injuries a topic wasnt started...

well at any rate part of being injured is returning to the lineup which Ivansich is ready to do...

With all the breaks in this years action we will be able to see the return of Siontis soon as well.. Gonzales is slated to return to practice in Oct...

he has had some niggling injuries because he is overexhausted..i think the team is doing the right thing by resting him up and being percautious...the kid is very young and still comparably small in size and we dont want him playing if hes not very near to 100% because suffering a serous injury aqt such a young age could serious effect his future...

Whatever man these doc's and training staff should have really taken care of this kid problems a lot earlier and should have monitored him closer so this type of s%$#! didn't happen like it is happening now. What a shame :tdown: Oh well at least Dimoutsos is playing really good.

This kind of injury is due to exhaustion. Too much playing time. Ninis is a great young talent and must be protected. We have the depth on the lineup right now, so I'd say don't rush the kid. Also, he must be handled carefully all around, because at this age many things can go wrong.

In a competitive sport like football, you must have top-notch trainers (and a coach that understands) so to keep the players in great physical condition but not push them too much. This also varies by age. Rivaldo and now Goumas, for example, get injured more often and take longer to recover.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bugger me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats terible news re

yeah...he was prob one of our best players in preseason..i thought he would be our star this year too..he had the potential to be...he definitly matured from last season a whole lot but too bad..he will be back though..he may make acouple games at the end of the season, im not sure, but when he was injured it as said that he would be out for the season...

One by one all the injured players are returning.

Ninis and Gonzales played in the friendly against Ag. Dimitrios. Ninis played in his usual place as RM, and Gonzales played as a DM!

I am not sure how well Gonzales can function defensively, but it might be interesting to see Gonzales as second DM next to Mattos. He would take more offensive initiatives for sure.

A midfield of Karagounis-Mattos-Gonzales-Ivanschitz looks pretty good on paper.

It does not sound like Gonzales is ready for full action yet though:

http://www.sportdog.gr/new/article.aspx?id=49172

Archived