Phantis Forums

Toumba Stadium

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nice photoshopping   when was the last time you saw anything that green and tidy in Greece

Toumba looked like this today:

I'm just waiting for the ridiculous comments some of the leftist-anarkist-drug addicts will say when/if Savvidis decides to build a new stadium; "Toumba panta o naos mas", "De ksexname tin istoria mas

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 9:55 PM, Yiankos said:

To build a 40K or 45K stadium would probably double the cost or something. Based on Melisanidis kavouria, he wouldn't do something like that.

I think problem is with the landplot, I've looked at the plans, theres no real room to go beyond the plot.

That stadiums top tier hovers above half the lower tier. They pretty much squized out every seat possible.

If they wanted bigger they would had have to move.

Edited by Nilaul
  • 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 7:42 PM, Dutch Eagle said:

First results after 16K responded at the survey. Soon the second survey will be launched:

https://www.makthes.gr/nea-toympa-me-16-000-apantiseis-i-proti-ereyna-tis-pae-paok-247468

What’s the big fuss about a new stadium anyway ?  I mean sure it would be nice but will it really make a difference other than prestige ?  Will it generate more revenue ?  For a club like Arsenal for example it made sense.  They went from a stadium of 40,000 to 60,000 but they can fill those seats and tickets etc. are much higher in England.  In Greece not so easy.  I like everyone would like to see it but I’m not fussed about it and if it means less investment in the squad it can definitely wait.

If Savvidis doesn't manage to build a new stadium, then we'll never have a new stadium. That's a good enough reason to have a new stadium.

By the way, do you guys remember before Savvidis' era came how much we had to spend every year for the stadium? Renovations and improvements cost us almost a million euros every now and then. I'm sure Savvidis' spends even more, they just go unnoticed. And the older it gets the more problems, more repairs etc...

I hope a new stadium will help us get new fans. Or have PAOK fans who never go to the stadium, start doing it. I would love for PAOK to become a bigger part of people's life.

I also would like the stadium to be such an astonishing building that will eventually attract more tourists. Not that there many tourists in Thessaloniki, but those who come will go to Leuko Pirgo, Kastra, Paralia, Kamara, etc, and at the TOUMBA STADIUM!

And if we go from 28,700 to 40,000 that's quite significant banana.

I can keep going, but one last thing. The new stadium will have a "proper" gate for the visitor fans and we won't be losing many tickets for the European games. Of course that requires that our fans will be also behaving themselves. I take it for granted. Right now, we are forced to completely close gate 8 which has a capacity of almost 3,000. When 100 away fans come and we basically lose 3,000 PAOK fans. That's a shame!

• Like it 2
  • 1 month later...

Apparently a big Turkish firm has approached PAOK for the naming rights of the new Toumba Stadium:

Τούρκικος κολοσσός θέλει το όνομα της Τούμπας!

Το θέμα της Νέας Τούμπας παραμένει ανοικτό και σύμφωνα με πληροφορίες, υπάρχει έντονο ενδιαφέρον από μεγάλη, κατασκευαστική εταιρία της Τουρκίας.

Η πρόταση της εταιρίας-κολοσσού από τη γειτονική χώρα που έφτασε στα γραφεία του ΠΑΟΚ, έχει να κάνει με την ονοματοδοσία του νέου γηπέδου, με τους ανθρώπους του "Δικεφάλου" να την εξετάζουν σοβαρά.

Το όνομα της εταιρίας δεν έχει γίνει ακόμη γνωστό, ωστόσο επιβεβαιώνεται το ενδιαφέρον, φαίνεται πως οι Τούρκοι έχουν προτείνει στην ΠΑΕ ΠΑΟΚ μία μεγάλη χορηγία, θέλοντας να δώσουν το όνομα τους στο νέο γήπεδο του "Δικεφάλου".

Το επόμενο διάστημα αναμένεται να υπάρξουν εξελίξεις και στο συγκεκριμένο κομμάτι, με τα νούμερα που προσφέρουν οι Τούρκοι να είναι πραγματικά μεγάλα.

Αξίζει να σημειωθεί, πως η πρόταση της μεγάλης, κατασκευαστικής εταιρίας επιβεβαιώνεται από τον ΠΑΟΚ, χωρίς ωστόσο να έχουν γίνει γνωστές περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες.

https://www.paok24.com/podosfairo/144364/tourkikos-kolossos-thelei-to-onoma-tis-toumpas

• Confused 1
  • 5 months later...

Supposedly it's a 100 page document that will unveiled. I am sure there will be many details concerning the actual stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing in the document, except that its even possible to  build a 45,000 in the area without any alterations to the surroundings.

• 1 month later...

Thessaloniki mayor Zervas announced that the New Toumba project was approved by the local authorities and is moving ahead. During an interview he mentioned the projected completion of the project is in 2025 and that it will cost around 140 milion Euro and will be financed by Ivan Savvidis. He also mentioned that the 40,000 stadium capacity is possible, but it depends and the design by the architectural company.

The project still has to be approved by the Greek government, and that's where I expect major opposition as long as the current government is in power.

7 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Thessaloniki mayor Zervas announced that the New Toumba project was approved by the local authorities and is moving ahead. During an interview he mentioned the projected completion of the project is in 2025 and that it will cost around 140 milion Euro and will be financed by Ivan Savvidis. He also mentioned that the 40,000 stadium capacity is possible, but it depends and the design by the architectural company.

The project still has to be approved by the Greek government, and that's where I expect major opposition as long as the current government is in power.

Any chances of Greece hosting the EURO or WORLD CUP (joint or not) require a 40,000+. If Savidis and Thesaloniki wants EUROPA LEAGUE final that too requires a 40,000+.

Edited by Nilaul
9 hours ago, Bananas said:

Any idea of the cost of AEK's stadium ?  I remember reading a while back around 50 million.

Με τα λεφτά του λαού φτιάχτηκε αδερφέ!