Phantis Forums

Toumba Stadium

Ziaka

Yes, PAOK is the most popular team not only in Thessaloniki, but also in most of Macedonia region. When the team is playing well, Toumba usually sells out for the big games. Unfortunately this season PAOK sucks and it is reflected inthe attendance figure.

PAE PAOK president Giannis Goumenos gave the timeline for building new stadium during an interview on Extra Sport radio station:

20-05-2005; The current Toumba will be demilished

2005-2006 season: PAOK willplay at Kaftazoglio

30-08-2006: PAOk will move to the new and modern Toumba

You forgot:

2006/2007: ..Article 44 application

2007/8: We're trying to work on a 5-year schedule. Dont expect us to win any games until at least 2010. Vokolos and Atmatzidis sign a new 5-year contract. Fratzeskos returns. 1.100 diarkeias on PAOK's first season in the new stadium. Mc Donald's is busier and expands.

2008/9: PAOK are 11th after the first round. Maladenis is their best player. Aggelos said "in May, we'll be well if Panagia wants it" and PAOK fans burn the new stadium after

2009/10: Rumours that Toursounidis is planing the big comeback. 30 diarkeias sold out.

If PAOK dont get a srious board who know how to look ahead there is no cure for htis team.

You forgot:

2006/2007: ..Article 44 application

2007/8: We're trying to work on a 5-year schedule. Dont expect us to win any games until at least 2010. Vokolos and Atmatzidis sign a new 5-year contract. Fratzeskos returns. 1.100 diarkeias on PAOK's first season in the new stadium. Mc Donald's is busier and expands.

2008/9: PAOK are 11th after the first round. Maladenis is their best player. Aggelos said "in May, we'll be well if Panagia wants it" and PAOK fans burn the new stadium after

2009/10: Rumours that Toursounidis is planing the big comeback. 30 diarkeias sold out.

If PAOK dont get a srious board who know how to look ahead there is no cure for htis team.

:LOL:

Good one.

Just read in the paper today that PAO wants to use Toumba for all of their upcoming UEFA Cup or CL matches.

If they did so, what sort of rent could PAOK expect to get for this arrangement?

And is it just me or does it seems a little odd that PAO would travel all the way to Thessaloniki to play important Euro matches as opposed to finding some place in Athens?

I think it's just a move by PAO front office to pressure the government to do something about their new stadium. In the last week PAO was hinting at playing their European games at OAKA, Patra, now TOumba. Volos and Iraklio might be mentioned next.

• 4 months later...

Northerner,

I think all the talk about the stadium you were referring to was just that. Talk. The admin was spewing out all that b.s. to take attention away from the the stupidity of their other decisions and actions. I wouldn't count on a new stadium any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard because there has been a constant cycle of bad ownership over the last 15-20 years...maybe more some would say. People who are more interested in lining their pockets with money than investing it into the club for a greater future return. Idiotic business decisions in the end.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

but will the Paok fans fill the seats in the new gipedo

i have no idea why Irakils got a new stadio when there not using it of course there team is wak

hopefully if this happens

the club will have money to be more competitive

it would he a huge plus for hte Greek league

• 2 months later...

Dimand Real Estate Development, the company that Goumenos is working with to build the new Toumba, have a page on their web site concerning the new PAOK stadium. The page includes some pictures of the designs.

If you ask me we are better off with the present Toumba considering the poor design, small capacity (30,000), and mainly the fact that PAOK will not own the new Toumba for 50 years. Also if this goes as Goumenos is plannig, he will never leave the club.

Check out the page here:

http://www.dimand.gr/en/paok.htm

this company is also doing the proposed new Larissa stadium, design is very similar. Since this is a private project, does that mean no government funding? If so Goumenos will have his hands full to get all the funds he needs and considering his debts why would anyone lend money to him so having said that it might take quite some time for the project to take off. Ready in June 2009..... <_< i don't think so.

r u kidding?

it looks like they just threw green grass into an aluminum trash can

and one of the stands curves away so people are sitting farther away, why can't it just be straight, a club like PAOK could have a much better design, at least close off and round the corners

Edited by North-Westerner

I don't think PAOK will have a new stadium until we get a new owner.

Nothing big or important will ever happen at PAOK with Goumenos running everthing.

What would it take for PAOK to have a new president? Besides someone buying the club which i dont think will happen.

Unless some billionaire will buy Paok i am afraid there is no hope in financial terms for the club. The club cannot afford to pay monthly wages and still owe aggelos anastasiadis 216,000 euros.

It would take at least 40million euros to give paok a fresh start...