Phantis Forums

Toumba Stadium

Ziaka

20 hours ago, pash said:

Nope! Apart from the Populous guy looking exactly like every architect who's ever existed.

I'll give you one guess which of these guys he is:

the weird thing is, your statement is both accurate and incorrect. I've worked in some offices where the robots roll off the assembly of architects looking exactly like that and then others where even the top dogs rock around in jeans and heavy metal band tshirts

• Like it 2

Barbara Vasilatou, Project Lead and Senior Associate at Populous, said:

“We look forward to working alongside PAOK FC and the wider team to deliver a cutting-edge, inclusive and sustainable new home for the club. On a personal level, I am immensely proud to be involved in a project of such prestige in my home country. We will deliver a world-class design that places people at its heart and is embedded in its community and the local environment. The new stadium will be a unique landmark in the beautiful city of Thessaloniki that both fans and Thessalonians will cherish for generations to come.”

Is it really Thessalonians? Seems wrong

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The three designs will be ready on August 31 and will be made public after that. PAOK fans will have an input on which design will be chosen.

Latest rumors are that the capacity of the New Toumba will not exceed 35,000.

31,926 seats are enough. I mentioned it before. Toumba will most of the time NOT be sold out. Last Sunday we had only 8,715 attending the Panetolikos-game. 

btw, overall the attendance was horrendous on MD 1: 37,571 tickets in 7 matches meaning an average of 5,367 and that with 4 of the big 5 playing at home.

• Like it 1
  • Sad 1

No build up of excitement for Round 1 of the league. 

All teams flopped in Europe. 

Too many Greeks more keen on working the tourist season in Greece and being on Islands to worry about GSL Round 1. 

Attendances will pick up end of September. 

But with regards to PAOK are attendances have been poor for the last 2 seasons as the people of Thessaloniki have given up with Ivans BS and lies

• Like it 1

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Forget hope. Zervas brought hope too, but then was forced to kiss his master's ass. 

Savidis froze everything having to do with the new Toumba. In my opinion as long as the Ukrainian conflict continues don't expect any movement on the new stadium.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...