Phantis Forums

Toumba Stadium

Ziaka

I am almost certain we will play next season at Toumba. Apparently thge Undersecretary of Sports is dragging their feet as far as Kaftanzoglio stadium is concerned. PAOK wants to start work that they will pay for it to meet UEFA standards for CL, but they don't even want to talk about it.

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Tachaios wins than it will show how brainwashed the people of Thessaloniki are. Tachaios was the vice-mayor of Thessaloniki when his boss Papageorgopoulos (Thessaloniki mayor,  world class sprinter and Aris supporter) embezzled  more than 25 million Euros. Tachaios was hand picked by  Marinakis to run for mayor and is anti-PAOK to the bone. If he wins the new Toumba will be history.

• 5 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 3:23 PM, pash said:

After claiming the stadium would be over 40k in a post yesterday, he posted (about five minutes ago) an Instagram story with only: 41.926

Hmmm...

Because that has like a 1 percent chance of actually happening in practice. You change the design slightly and the symbolic number of 1926, goes away. You add more media/VIP places, that number goes away, you replace the seats with a different design in the future and that number goes away. Any  single change, and the  number might change.

Edited by Nilaul

8 minutes ago, pash said:

Why are you assuming that the number (and the actual plan) hasn't been determined/finalized for quite some time? As for the future - not a big deal if it does change.

Because the stadium hasn't even got any permissions set (not even the spacial plan is done yet) . And even if its finalised, stuff happens during construction itself that might take away that seat or two (or we might end up with a few extra seats, it can go either way).

Also different events require different configurations too, so that stadium will definitely not be a stable 41,926.

Edited by Nilaul

So he'll toss a few fold-up chairs there. Who cares?

Not following why permits to construct would preclude the possibility that the team knows what they want to build? Unless you've seen some word from them that they have not completed it?

"Also different events require different configurations too, so that stadium will definitely not be a stable 41,926."

You must be fun at parties.. :wink:

Would love something similar to the Wroclaw Municipal Stadium.

Couldn't care less about the exact number of seats as long as its intimidating, steep stands hugging the pitch and on top of the players, with a roof designed to enhance and keep in the atmosphere, then we wont go wrong!

Yeah its a great stadium on the inside and nearly identical to the preferred capacity. The outside lights up similar to Bayern Munich's stadium. I'm not keen on the modern, over designed stadiums. I much prefer something industrial with loads of concrete and metal rather than the corporate, 'Disneyland' designs that you see now.

AEK's new stadium is a cracking effort but the stands look quite far from the pitch so might not feel as enclosed as it could. I'll admit, the outside looks magnificent and if it does end up looking like the artist impressions then fair play to them.

Edited by DunfermlineAthleticPAOK

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 9:55 PM, Yiankos said:

To build a 40K or 45K stadium would probably double the cost or something. Based on Melisanidis kavouria, he wouldn't do something like that.

I think problem is with the landplot, I've looked at the plans, theres no real room to go beyond the plot.

That stadiums top tier hovers above half the lower tier. They pretty much squized out every seat possible.

If they wanted bigger they would had have to move.

Edited by Nilaul

• 1 month later...

What’s the big fuss about a new stadium anyway ?  I mean sure it would be nice but will it really make a difference other than prestige ?  Will it generate more revenue ?  For a club like Arsenal for example it made sense.  They went from a stadium of 40,000 to 60,000 but they can fill those seats and tickets etc. are much higher in England.  In Greece not so easy.  I like everyone would like to see it but I’m not fussed about it and if it means less investment in the squad it can definitely wait.