Phantis Forums

Toumba Stadium

Ziaka

Don’t see what the big deal is.  What’s wrong with Toumba as is.  I mean don’t get me wrong a new stadium would be unreal but on my list of priorities it’s right down there.  I’d rather we concentrate on the training facilities, youth development, squad harmony and quality and trying to get managers that are good and last more than 12 months and then if that’s all I need place, then we can look at a stadium.

I just want it to be the best stadium in Greece. Capacity over 30,000 and under 40,000 is also good. AEK's will be similar to Karaiskaki as far as capacity. But it will be category 3 I think. And of course the design and everything has to be remarkable. Exciting stuff.. But it will take probably three years to be completed. If current Toumba gets demolished at the end of the season, best case scenario the new stadium will be ready for the 21-22 season.

17 hours ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

A new stadium will increase PAOKs value,   and the club can leverage it out to strengthen other areas like infrastructure.   

Not sure how it will generate so much more revenue to offset the huge expense.  Maybe they’ll have secret rooms with men playing manila and the house will collect a cut of each hand.  Tax free of course.

Basically they are moving the benches underground, but the coaches will still be on the sidelines yelling at the players most importantly the refs.

Also Gate 2 gets an increase in seats, while gate 8 (visitor's gate in European games) gets a reduction. 

• 1 month later...

The Greek parliament s set to vote next week into law the the 99 year lease of small sections of land near Toumba Stadium that belongs to the Greek Army. 

Once this is voted into law, this will open the way for the new Toumba, something that PAE PAOK has been waiting for. Stipulation in the law is that construction of the new stadium has to begin within 4 years. This proposed law also stipulates that the height of the new structure can't exceed 40 meters. It also project a parking lot for 600 vehicles.

Not sure how advanced the architectural designs are concerning the new Toumba, but the other day I heard that the possible capacity might increase to 41,200. Previous rumor was 36,400.

If the still plan to sink the pitch (and surrounding rows), the height restriction won't matter as much. What's the current height of the stadium?

Little Savvidis was claiming over 40k a few months ago, so hopefully that means plans are complete and they're just waiting on the go-ahead.

-edit- it would be an amazing end to Toumba's current incarnation if we end its last season with a championship

Edited by pash

The measure passed in the Greek parliament and everything is open for the construction of new Toumba to start. Apparently PAOK asked for additional 5 meters in structure height, which was approved as well. Looks like we are going for a capacity around 40,000 - 43,000. George Savvidis keeps posting pics of Alianz Stadium everywhere, so I would expect something similar for new Toumba.

Juventus stadium cost $155. Αν δώσει τόσα φράγκα ο Σαββίδης θα τρελαθούμε τελείως!

Καλά αυτά που ζούμε είναι απίστευτα. Ότι έκανα στο Football Manager πριν 10 χρόνια τώρα γίνονται πραγματικότητα με τον Ιβάν. Απίστευτο!

• Like it 1

7 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Juventus stadium cost $155. Αν δώσει τόσα φράγκα ο Σαββίδης θα τρελαθούμε τελείως!

Καλά αυτά που ζούμε είναι απίστευτα. Ότι έκανα στο Football Manager πριν 10 χρόνια τώρα γίνονται πραγματικότητα με τον Ιβάν. Απίστευτο!

which football manager?