Phantis Forums

Toumba Stadium

Ziaka

Does anyone know where this area is?

I am trying to place it in the neighbourhood of Toumba but I can't figure it out.

Here is Google map of the area. It is located at Palos Melas near Stavroupoli.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6613032,22.9393137,16z?hl=en

Here are driving directions from Toumba to Stratopaido Karatasiou. It around 25 minute drive:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Toumba+Stadium,+Mikras+Asias,+Thessaloniki,+Greece/40.6602696,22.9384125/@40.6438398,22.9367169,13z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x14a838e9616896bd:0x2bba6bdf460e7791!2m2!1d22.9711501!2d40.6132004!1m0!5i1?hl=en

• Like it 1

What will probably be a big factor is the mayor and council if this project gets the green light from PAOK fans.

Mayor doesn't really have any say so. The land is owned by the Greek Army.

Ivan didn't even make a proposal. All PAOK did was inquire about the availability of the Karatasiou site. From what I understand it's just a plan B if the refurbished Toumba is not reality. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I think it's kind of ugly, myself. Like an egg crossed with a flying saucer. I do like the ribbed look from top-down and what looks like arches circling all of the stands, though.

29 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Will this design result in an increased capacity?

I remember the last time they were talking about this, plans were for capacity in the 32-35k range. Just going by the single interior shot above, it doesn't look like the stands are appreciably enlarged, though.

Ελπίζω ο Σαββίδης να κάνει την πρώτη σωστή επιλογή του όντας σχεδόν 5 χρόνια στην ομάδα και κάνοντας αποτυχημένες επιλογές σχεδόν πάντοτε!

Το γήπεδο δεν είναι αστείο, δεν είναι ένας παίχτης που ήρθε κι έφυγε, ή ένας προπονητής/τεχνικός διευθυντής. Θα μείνει για χρόνια, δεκαετίες... Ας τον φωτίσει ο Θεός να μην κάνει χαζομάρες!

According to PAE PAOK, the company that leaked the pics is only one of  several construction companies that PAOK is in talks with about refurbishing Toumba. They jumped the gun making the pictures public and were forced by PAOK to take them down.

If Ivan puts up the money then the stadium will get built/redeveloped in some capacity. As opposed to Melissanidis who expects the broke state to pay for the AEK stadium then gets his media interests to publish bogus reports that the various mayors, governers, ministers etc are holding up the project.

If AEK wants a new stadium built then Mr Mellsanidis can pay for it himself as the c*nt is wealthier than Donald J. trump.

Melissanidis allready got 20 mil from the state, but it appears he is hesitant to invest his own money into the project.

As for the state creating problems, I expect Savvidis will face the same issues. The red tape in Greece is not friendly to businessmen wanting to invest into projects. Not unless they are paid under the table.

Sinking the pitch... Θα γεράσω μου φαίνεται και αυτό θα ακούω... Παιδάκι ήμουν πριν σχεδόν 20 χρόνια όταν κάπου το είχα ακούσει ως ενδεχόμενο και είχα εντυπωσιαστεί... Ακόμα περιμένουμε!

2 hours ago, italosPAOK4 said:

8eloume Nea Toumpa me xwrhtikothta 45.000 that's it !

Και ποιος θα τη γεμίζει ρε 45.000; Η Γιουβέντους είμαστε;

Στα περισσότερα μικρομεσαία παιχνίδια εδώ και χρόνια με το ζόρι φτάνουμε τις 10.000... Τι να το κάνεις γήπεδο 45.000;

35.000 και πολλά είναι...

You know what would make sense ?  Aris, Iraklis and PAOK having stadium that fit say, 15000 fans, and having 1 big stadium in Thessaloniki that fits say 60,000 for the big derbies and European games that is shared by all 3.  But that would make sense ...