Phantis Forums

Toumba Stadium

Ziaka

It's only getting fixed because there is the long break in the Superleague, which gives them enough time to have th efield ready for the next home game.

The field got burned during the heatwave in early July, when the sprinkling system malfunctioned. There was not enough time to do it then because there was the Women's Champions League tournament scheduled at Toumba in August, as well as two international friendlies.

I love all the attention our field is getting, as if it's the main site for all major events in Greece. Maybe we should make it the new Olympic Stadium of Greece. Everyone needs to relax, the field will be ready and none of the opposing teams' world class football (Super Liga) superstars will be hurt playing on it.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm just waiting for the ridiculous comments some of the leftist-anarkist-drug addicts will say when/if Savvidis decides to build a new stadium; "Toumba panta o naos mas", "De ksexname tin istoria mas, 8a meinoume TOUMBA", "Eee Rosso de kseris tipota apo tin istoria tou PAOK mas, fyge apo edw re!"

I swear that some of these people will protest against having the stadium on another location but at the same time protest against demolishing Toumba in order to get space for a new stadium. 

I myself hope that we get a new stadium as soon as possible. Toumba has a great history but it's time to move on to a more modern stadium. As Reaper says, we've heard the talk about stadia before in Greece, so I won't be surprised if nothing happens

• Like it 2

First of all Toumba does not belong to Savvidis or even PAOK FC. It belongs to the Amateur PAOK and any work to be done to the current stadium needs to have their approval.

As for building a new stadium somewhere else, Savvidis as a businessman is free to do anything he wants. In the modern age this probably is the most logical solution, but I doubt this will be the option Savvidis will choose.

I think in the end we will end up with a refurbished Toumba. 

• Like it 1

Perhaps he should buy the whole neighborhood and rename it Little Toumba. But in Russian.

????????? ??????

malen'kaya mogila

no thanks.

????????? ??????
malen'kaya mogila
????????? ??????
malen'kaya mogila
  • Like it 1

What's the impetus for a new stadium anyway ?  If you take say Arsenal as an example, they needed more capacity so they could generate more revenue.  But even if we had a new stadium it's not like we would suddenly have it full for each game.  Sure it'd look pretty, but I don't see how it would improve the bottom line.

As to how to build it, the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) was a roughly 100,000 seat stadium and they did it in two stages I believe.  Basically knocked down one half of the stadium, rebuilt it and then did the other half.  Of course, this is Greece we're talking about so I don't even know why I'm mentioning this.  For anyone wondering what cricket is, it's a game that is played over 5 days and can still end up in a draw.

What's the impetus for a new stadium anyway ?  If you take say Arsenal as an example, they needed more capacity so they could generate more revenue.  But even if we had a new stadium it's not like we would suddenly have it full for each game.  Sure it'd look pretty, but I don't see how it would improve the bottom line.

As to how to build it, the MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground) was a roughly 100,000 seat stadium and they did it in two stages I believe.  Basically knocked down one half of the stadium, rebuilt it and then did the other half.  Of course, this is Greece we're talking about so I don't even know why I'm mentioning this.  For anyone wondering what cricket is, it's a game that is played over 5 days and can still end up in a draw.

the only reason you do this is to add more corporate facilities

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand the 30,000 limit.  I'd go  35K MAX....Considering you'll only sell out crtain European matches, and maybe 2-3 derby's.  You don't want the stadium looking totally empty with 18-22 thousands fans in there.

Kind of like a mini- Patriot Place here in Foxborough.  Main field, practice facilities on site, hotel, restaurants, and other kid/family friendly attractions.  

Edited by BostonThanatos

SYRIZA are blocking the project within seconds of the 'idea' being announced..  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

They are not blocking anything. How can you block something that doesn't even exist.  

There's a rumor about the name of the new stadium. For 25% of the costs it would be named "Gazprom Stadium". 

False story created by Metrosport media group to sell papers in my opinion. Gazprom has no reason to invest in Greece, unless the Greek government in Germany agrees to construct an oil pipeline that would bring gas from Russia to Europe. 

• Like it 1

If and when this project gets under way, Syriza will not be in power anymore, but than again it's just gonna be a different corrupted political party taking orders from Germany, so nothing will really change.