Phantis Forums

Solskjaer retires due to knee injury

Posted Image

He made over 360 appearances for the club, but recent seasons have been blighted by injury.

The 34-year-old did maintain a level of fitness last season, scoring 11 goals as United won the title and reached the FA Cup final.

But he did not figure during the pre-season campaign after undergoing a knee operation over the summer.

This was expected to be his final season as a player at Old Trafford, but he has now decided to announce his retirement.

Solskjaer's decision to quit could prompt Sir Alex Ferguson to rethink his attacking options prior to the close of the transfer window.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,120...2690166,00.html

One of the few players that actually MADE a difference in the MAN utd. squad.

I remember a season when he kept coming in as a sub and kept scoring all the time. His peak came at the CL final in Barcelona when the two KATSIKIA, Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke were finally substituted when Ole and Teddy scored the two goals against the disgusting germans!!!

Goodbuy Ole we will always remember you... Even today compared with all the idiotic attackers that we have i.e. Saha, GOY-ROONEY etc etc I think a fit OLE would still be the best solution for the attack....

Anyway Man Utd problem was always the defense so I don't think it will make much of a difference...

When a team keeps playing with a Neville Sister, TWITTIE (Silvestre) the f***** Rio Ferdinant and Brown I am even surprised when the team reached semi finals last year... Of course even the game against ROMA was one of these games when you know that if it happens 100 times 98% will go towards ROMAs way. This was one of the nights where even Carrick scored from 25 meters away!!!

Anyway....

FORZA GUNNAR!!!

By the way I think the song went

You are my Solksjaer, my only Solksjaer,

you make me happy when skies are grey,

cause Alan Shearer IS F***IN' dearer

oh please don't take my Solksjaer away..."

Archived