PAO-OLYMPIAKOS

Crazy

What is going to be the result?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is going to be the result?

• Panathinaikos win
    • Olympiakos win
    • Draw

Since the season opener is only 8 days away i thought that is about time to open this topic about the El clasico of greek soccer.In the stadium of Leoforos after 2.5 years the 2 teams will meet after a drastic summer transformation for both.With Osfp was change of roster by 75% with new players and a coach that has a total different system in place from Sollied(from 4-3-3 we go back to 4-4-2 atleast for Greece). Pao with a new coach also,some really great additions and some returned former players but with many players on the injured list.Both of them will be playing there last friendlys this weekend as it will be there last change to showcase there abilities and test the players that will be used next sunday.Because both teams are not 100% ready yet i dont believe that we are actually gonna watch any high-octane game but i hope atleast to see some effort and passion to make a good game.Since is the start of the season i also hope not to see the classic club fans fights from the get-go of the year.Lets have a good game and Happy new season. :D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the season opener is only 8 days away i thought that is about time to open this topic about the El clasico of greek soccer.In the stadium of Leoforos after 2.5 years the 2 teams will meet after a drastic summer transformation for both.With Osfp was change of roster by 75% with new players and a coach that has a total different system in place from Sollied(from 4-3-3 we go back to 4-4-2 atleast for Greece). Pao with a new coach also,some really great additions and some returned former players but with many players on the injured list.Both of them will be playing there last friendlys this weekend as it will be there last change to showcase there abilities and test the players that will be used next sunday.Because both teams are not 100% ready yet i dont believe that we are actually gonna watch any high-octane game but i hope atleast to see some effort and passion to make a good game.Since is the start of the season i also hope not to see the classic club fans fights from the get-go of the year.Lets have a good game and Happy new season. :D

I think alot depends on the atmosphere. PAO will be back at Leoforo but with each person getting 1 ticket (i.e. no group tickets being sold) it may mean that Gate 13 will be scattered and not sitting together which may negatively affect the atnosphere. Personally I think Gate 13 will find a way to sit together and in a HOT atmoshphere PAO will destroy an Olympiakos side that lacks fluidity:

PAO 2 - 0 Olympiakos

beacause its the first game of the year i think it will depend on the atmosphere like dude said. But i dont think that it will be that electric. I still think PAO will dominate but i think Oly can hold them off. Hopefully they can get lucky on a counter-attack. 1-0 olympiakos :tup:

maybee im being too optimistic cause so far there hasnt be much about olympiakos that has impressed me.

It doesnt matter who we play in our 1st game its always going to be hard, especially in Leoforos, its going to be a cracker. I think the 1st thing is how the PAO supporters treat our players, wether they start throwing flares into our side etc. this game can be won be anyone as both teams are still trying to find their feet,

i think a draw for oly would be a good result. especially this early in the season, actually the pressure is on PAO to get the result, so im expecting a reserved and tight OLY preferbaly 4-5-1. If the game stays at 0-0 half time OLy will snatch this result with LUA LUA coming of the bench.

and now the question of the blond.....

will they be any gay-vroi fans ?

you know my vote... ;)

I dont believe so and i really hope not.We dont come there,you dont come here so nobody gets hurt kind of way.

I dont believe so and i really hope not.We dont come there,you dont come here so nobody gets hurt kind of way.

once more i dont agree with u and this barbaric attitude (of both fans)...

there always should be witnesses....for the crime...

ti na pi kanis? VIVA :gr:

It might still be Tuesday but already there are some plans of how Osfp will come to play against Pao in Leoforos.Lemonis will use 4-5-1 and it will propably be something like this:

-------------------Nikopolidis----------------

--Patsatzoglou----Antzas---Bravo----Domi

----Torosididis----Ledesma----Stoltidis----

Galletti--------------------------------Djole--

-----------------Lua-Lua---------------------

It might still be Tuesday but already there are some plans of how Osfp will come to play against Pao in Leoforos.Lemonis will use 4-5-1 and it will propably be something like this:

Oly can't play with Lua Lua up front on his own because he's not a natural striker, he has to play with a target man. Is Konstantinou fit? If so he has to play.

Oly can't play with Lua Lua up front on his own because he's not a natural striker, he has to play with a target man. Is Konstantinou fit? If so he has to play.
Propably as the game progreses i see either Konsantinou or Kovasevic and Nunez going in and a cahnge to 4-4-2 formation but again depends of how the game goes.

Lua Lua was a great late pickup. He showed me something in the friendly against Levante. Hopefully he'll be playing this Sunday.

its still a bit early for me to give my thoughts for the game but i would just like to say that the red card to salpi, although not waranted is fully deserved to bite pao in the ass.

Management should of done what it takes after the lazio match to make sure that the red card was erased.

anyway, to be continued.

This is a derby, and it being the first game both teams will come out fired up? Olimpiakos is starting to look better as they gain chemistry. I have not seen PAO play any friendlies yet. I think it will wind up as a 1-1 tie. Let's hope for a clean entertaining game, with the refs not determining the outcome one way or the other.

You are kidding right?

If we play with 2 up front someone has to come in to play next to

Lua Lua.

Probably and preferably Konstandinou.

If we play with 1 up top then everybody is a bench warmer to Lua Lua.

He is the best player Oly has bought in recent memory.

I just hope he plays the same way I've seen him play in England.

He is a much better solution for us than Nintendo was.

Taller,Wider ,faster,technically sound, more team oriented,and probably has greater stamina.

He above all, hopefully does not have his daddy ,brother,etc,etc to screw with his brain.

The strength of the team this year is the ability of the midfielders to come fwd and put

pressure on defences.Every one of them can score.Plus Toro and Stoltidis are almost impossible

to beat in the air ,especially because they trail the play.

Nobody else on our team compliments our midfield like Lua Lua does.

When you play with one attacker you need speed,ability to hold the ball and explosiveness.He has all three plus size.

Sunday will tell.Right?

Lua Lua dont you prove me wrong damn it!!

You are kidding right?

If we play with 2 up front someone has to come in to play next to

Lua Lua.

Probably and preferably Konstandinou.

When you play with one attacker you need speed,ability to hold the ball and explosiveness.He has all three plus size.

If you play one up front it usually means that you are playing defensively, or at least with a primary emphasis on being solid defensively. Therefore, you have to play a target man that can hold up the ball and bring midfielders in to play, as well as be great in the air so he can provide a direct outlet. Lua Lua is pacy and skillful. He is also small (so not great in the air) and drifts towards the midfield so if he is a lone forward we will be playing, in effect, without a forward. Our formation will not be 4-5-1 but 4-6-0 at times. This can work (as Roma have shown) but you have to be lightening in the counter-attack and we are not. Even then though goals are hard to come by (see Roma). Name me one team that has successfully played 4-5-1 with a striker in the style of Lua Lua?? Even he says that he likes playing BEHIND the frontman ;) It's not always about the best players but the balance of the team.

If we play with 1 up top then everybody is a bench warmer to Lua Lua.

He is the best player Oly has bought in recent memory.

I just hope he plays the same way I've seen him play in England.

No need to tell me about his ability file, if you go back to the "transfers" pages you'll see that I said if we could buy any forward (within reason) in the world then I'd like to see Lua Lua... this was BEFORE he was even linked with a move to Greece. I love the guy, I'm a HUGE fan. In fact, I'll go on record to say that he'll be much better here than in England, he will become a world class player now he's here imo. At Portsmouth he suffered with injury problems and wasn't used correctly alot of the time so wasn't always top-knotch. In fact, one of the reasons that he was unhappy was because he was used as a lone striker and relied on for goals, which he doesnt see as his primary role ;) Anwyay, point is, I think he'll become really brilliant and can take Europe by storm.

Taller,Wider ,faster,technically sound, more team oriented,and probably has greater stamina.

It baffles me as to why fans do this (i.e. claim that the solution is better when he isn't just because he's now with us, if Nery came back tomorrow everyone would have a kavla!). I agree that Lua Lua is stronger and more team orientated, but quicker, more technically sound, and greater stamina? No way! Lua Lua is a very good player in his own right and, like I said, has all the attributes to be world class but he isn't Nery... please prove me wrong Lomana!

The strength of the team this year is the ability of the midfielders to come fwd and put 

pressure on defences.Every one of them can score.

Like who? Stoltidi, Patsa, Torosidi and Galletti don't get many goals. Only Djole does from midfield. So apart from Konstantinou and possibly Lua Lua (who's record isn't that prolific either, although I think for us he'll get goals), where do you see the goals coming? For me that's the biggest problem we face. Ribo & Neri were big goal threats and we've lost them both.

This Sunday will show more, but if I was manager I'd play:

-----------------------------------------Nikopolidis------------------------------------------

Patsa---------------------Antzas-------------------Raul Bravo-----------------------Domi

Galletti-------------------Torosidis---------------Stoltidis/Ledesma-----------------Djole

---------------------------Konstantinou--------------Lua Lua-------------------------------

But I would not play Lua Lua up front on his own. But that's the beauty of football, its unpredictable and everyone's opinions hold the same value... until full-time! :P

Btw, just out of interest, if you are an Olympiakos fan how come your screename is Thyra13? That's the same as holding a banner reading "FREEDOM TO PALESTINE!" while supporting Maccabi Tel-Aviv! :D

i have always said that if you play 4-5-1 you need a quick strong skillful striker

and your wingers need to be switched on.

mourinhio played this system in his 1st year at chelsea, drogba up front with duff and robben exploding on the flanks.

i have always said that if you play 4-5-1 you need a quick strong skillful striker

and your wingers need to be switched on.

mourinhio played this system in his 1st year at chelsea, drogba up front with duff and robben exploding on the flanks.

Drogba isn't skillful, he's a big target man. That's exactly what I'm saying... Konstantinou is more similar to Drogba than Lua Lua is.

It baffles me as to why fans do this (i.e. claim that the solution is better when he isn't just because he's now with us, if Nery came back tomorrow everyone would have a kavla!). I agree that Lua Lua is stronger and more team orientated, but quicker, more technically sound, and greater stamina? No way! Lua Lua is a very good player in his own right and, like I said, has all the attributes to be world class but he isn't Nery... please prove me wrong Lomana!

I guess everybody wants Neri back except me.Good riddance.

I did not say he is more technically sound , but he is faster.

Btw, just out of interest, if you are an Olympiakos fan how come your screename is Thyra13? That's the same as holding a banner reading "FREEDOM TO PALESTINE!" while supporting Maccabi Tel-Aviv! :D [/b][/color]

You must be a lot younger than I.

A long time ago back to the days when Karaiskaki was full with 40-50 thousand people every single

game regardless of who we were playing, there was only one organized club there.

Olympiakos club from Liosia.

They always sat to the right of the clock that backed up towards Mosxato at Thyra 6

Right next to them at Thyra 7 under the clock they were no organized fans at all,as a matter of fact the guys there were rather docile.

The crazy ,really crazy group was under the opposite clock the one towards Microlimano,directly above the corner flag.

That was Thyra 13.

Around 1970, I think ( its been a long time you know ), our leader Vassos with the trumpet ( Vassilis o Attilio to you youngsters) suggested that we should organize.We did, and the first photo ids with Thyra 13 on them were made.

A couple or so years latter Karaiskaki decided to turn the petallo where 13 was to numbered seats

( before that both petala were koina eisitiria).

So..... we moved under the opposite clock ,Thyra 7 and the rest is history.

Ps: Liosia stayed at the same place to the right of gate 7 towards Kaminia ,also the only reason we could come up with, as to why the picked the thyra 13 petalo to be numbered tickets,was that during afternoon games if you were seating under the clock at gate 7, the sun was in your eyes.

Second class citizens I tell you.

Archived