Phantis Forums

Greece U18 in the semis

Greece went undefeated in their U18 division that included Turkey, Latvia, Bulgaria, Israel, and Estonia and will face Lithuania in the semis.

Koufos is the current leader in points and rebounds in the tournament

http://www.fibaeurope-u18men.com/en/Defaul...&playerID=63101

This boys playing there hearts out.I like it that our national team seems to have future stars coming up from smaller ages that they will be able to keep our countrys level high. :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Greece lost to Serbia in the final 92-89. Koufos had 33 points and 13 rebounds in the match. Koufos averaged 26.5 points, 10.9 field goals, 13 total rebounds, 9.8 defensive rebounds, 3.5 blocked shots, and 7 double-doubles, all tops in those categories, and was voted MVP.

This kid will play for Ohio State in his freshmen year and he could be the greatest Greek player of all time, even that of Nikos Galis. Scouts are saying that when he enters the NBA Draft, he will be a high pick.

Marios Matalon had the most assists, tied with another player, and will play for the University of Wyoming this season.

http://www.fibaeurope-u18men.com/en/Defaul...&articleMode=on

^ ESPN has him ranked as the #12 overall recruit and the #2 center in their basketball Recruit tracker and has a "grade " of 92.

Too bad, we lost 92 - 89 in the Final. Congratulations to Serbia though for winning the U-18 tournament! We have some great Greek talent, these guys will go places!

The reason why they lost is that Greek media were counting their chickens before they hatched and pulled out that cringe-worthy dinosaur tune "The Final Countdown" the way they did when the NT made the final of FIBA Worlds against Spain.

I never want to hear that stupid song again connected to Greek sport. It's a kseftila!

I blame that sleazebag douchebag ex-AEK President Psomiadis for the ills and decline of modern Greek society!

Archived