Phantis Forums

greek net down?

If you mean Greek net.tv ... ain't it called Greeklive.tv now (dunno if you mean you're trying to connect to their site or with the application)?

Btw, what is up with that, if I write the first name in full (without the space) it appears as "scoundrels" ... :D ??

If you mean Greek net.tv ... ain't it called Greeklive.tv now (dunno if you mean you're trying to connect to their site or with the application)?

Btw, what is up with that, if I write the first name in full (without the space) it appears as "scoundrels" ... :D ??

Damn Greeks ;) :LOL: :tup: :D

quick question, I just saw your discussion in regards to greeklive.tv, other than the recent trouble with them. Would you recommend signing up , do you get pretty good quality with them?

unfortunately because I have so many trees in my yard I can't get dishnetwork to susbcribe to the Greek channels, so I am always looking for alternatives.

kind regards

Well I'm a user for about three days now, and had the three day trial as well before (so in total six days of usage).

I can tell you this: image quality is better than SopCast, definitely when put in "high bandwidth" mode. You have it to your availability 24/7, not just when someone on SopCast decides to broadcast something. About nine channels constantly available (mainstream ones, like ANT1, MEGA, ALPHA, SuperSport1, etc...), from which the app allows you to record to your hdd as well. These are obviously the advantages :), btw I know where you're coming from, satellite dish is no option for me either.

Now let's go over the disadvantages: it is possibly illegal (I have asked around, some say yes, others say no, some just tell me they don't know, so I think it's safe to say that you should be careful), you have to pay for it (and their payment applet is not PayPall, does look somewhat unsafe), it uses up bandwidth (I think in low bandwidth mode one hour is about 110 MB gone), you need a fairly good connection (DSL etc) to be able to stream it, and it's only available for connections outside of Greece.

And from what I've heard on support, from some people I hear they're very fast to help out, from others I hear the opposite. Make up your own mind :). But I strongly advice you to first download the app from their site and try the three day trial period which is free. That way if it doesn't work or you see something that you don't like or possible incompatibilities, you won't have lost your money!

Good luck, feel free to ask more should you feel the need for it.

i forgot to mention, once you download it, works in greece as well...i did it last summer and I watched a couple of games that was only available on Supersport. Also a friend of mine in Evia, downloaded from his ADSL line and worked without problems during the trial period. Now if he was trying to buy time, i dont know maybe he couldn't.

some friends of mine will start onlinegrtv.com in half price..they will add more channels soon in same price..as i know they are looking for sponsors and then they will provide everything for free..

they will work with 25gbps network

the said they would start early august. but havent started yet!

Archived