Phantis Forums

Sevilla - AEK

AEKPROTATHLIMA

Well on 15 August our CL run will start against Sevilla. A very hard game for us but i think if we can keep it a one goal diffrence we might have a chance in Athens. So i see us tieng our first game 1-1.( Iwill be praying for the next 2 weeks :hypocrite: )

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A really tough draw

Once again i am worried about our lack of match fitness. The fact the Greek league starts late always makes it harder. But we have 11 vs 11, so no excuses.

Also, although it is great that we have a host of new players, like Ribo etc... , they might find it hard to play as a team seeing as we have only had a few friendlies, and not against very good opposition.

But, someone once said, to be the best, you have to beat the best, so if we cant beat them, we really dont deserve to be there.

Look for a defensive/counter attack system in Sevilla, with a more attacking style of game in the 2nd leg. Hopefully we can pinch a goal in Spain, maybe a Ribo free kick???

Ill be crossing my fingers and everything ive got!!!!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

It's time for big clubs to play big club soccer. We can't keep our fingers crossed and hope for a worse opponent. In order for AEK to make it in Europe, we need to play the big dogs. Let's put our first foot forward and show Europe that we are legitimate team that's focused and ready for a challenge.

Bring on the Spaniards!!!!

There is an interesting artcile on Sevilla at http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?conte...tenutoid=363260 which suggests that the team my be unsettled. They will be palying in the Spanish Super Cup against eral madrid 4 days before the first leg against AEK. That should provide a good indication of their state of readiness. I still think AEK can cause a major upset.

The same was said about our National Team knocking France, Czech Republic, Portugal (twice), etc. out ...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, in football everything is possible.

Will it be easy? Of course not, but possible: yes!

The only thing AEK can't do is to be so naive as to think that the Sevilla team will underestimate us. You don't grab a cup twice by underestimating opponents.

solomos you have no clue that AEK cannot beat Sevilla, Any think unsual can happen in that match, so don't say we have no chance of winning ;)

george i'am not try to to put AEK down,but their calibre of football is not on the same page as Seville .plus the football these big 3[oly,aek,pao,] are playing right now is very nasty at the moment.

u use examples of greece beating teams etc at the euro but the difference was that, there were no home field advantages and no aggregate. BIG difference.

Anyway, i dont see it happening. Its possible for AEK to win yes. Probable..NO.

i am hoping AEK come to UEFA actually cuz if AEK is as good as u guys say they are, then u guys should have no problem winning games in the uefa group stage.

and that means points for greece. and that means more then four team will be involved in europe in later years.

Anyway, i hope u guys win at least one of the two games but it will be difficult.

Good luck.

About tonight's game: AEK lost big chances to score and at the back was vulnerable.

Based on this observation if AEK does not reverse the situation in 10 days and then after 2 weeks against Sevilla, they are certainly out.

It is a good problem for Serra to solve. Let's see.

UEFA is going to be it for all the Greek clubs everyone. I don't believe that we're ready or that we were EVER ready for Champions League.

No matter good luck to AEK I hope that they can progress but if not I hope that they do well in UEFA.

Seville is no joke and they are going to come out playing

Archived