Phantis Forums

The Most Weird Things Ever tossed on a Pitch!

Fans of the Detroit Red Wings NHL team throw octopi on the ice. I've seen it doene several times during the playo-ff games between the Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks. Here is the explanation of this weird tradition:

The Motor City's proud tradition of saluting the Detroit Red Wings with slimy creatures of the deep dates back half a century.

The first octopus landed on the ice during the Red Wings' 1952 Stanley Cup run, courtesy of a couple of lads from a local fish shop. If you know your cephalopods, you will know that an octopus has eight tentacles. In those days it took eight playoff wins to claim the Cup, hence the supposed symbolism of the gesture.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/history/f...oit_octopus.htm

Fans of the Detroit Red Wings NHL team throw octopi on the ice. I've seen it doene several times during the playo-ff games between the Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks. Here is the explanation of this weird tradition:

The Motor City's proud tradition of saluting the Detroit Red Wings with slimy creatures of the deep dates back half a century.

The first octopus landed on the ice during the Red Wings' 1952 Stanley Cup run, courtesy of a couple of lads from a local fish shop. If you know your cephalopods, you will know that an octopus has eight tentacles. In those days it took eight playoff wins to claim the Cup, hence the supposed symbolism of the gesture.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/history/f...oit_octopus.htm

:LOL:

Sto teliko tou 2003 an thymamai kala oi Paoktsides petaxan mia kota sto gipedo na faei ta "skoulikia"

Epeita einai kai i gouronokefali tou Figo,pou mpike kai se mouseio....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived