Phantis Forums

Vaggelis Moras ‒ (Retired)

Ziaka

Whenever I watched him play, he made an impression on me. I see him as being a very raw player with potential but needs to be an in the right situation to fully develop. I hope Bologna provides a bit more of that than Greece.

Good luck to him.

• 5 weeks later...

Ena pragma den mporo na katalavo.afou oloi lene oti einai kalos paiktis,ti irhte na kanei stin Bologna?Tin omada tin parakoloutho kai den ehoun vlepseis,den tous endiaferei na gyrisoun kan stin Serie A.Paratas champions league gia na paixeis Serie b?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

moras was playing and starting - moras got injured in bologna's 1-0 win over lecce on oct. 6. his average on bologna's pagelle is -5.9-

i haven't seen him play for bologna, but what sticks out from his days at aek, was his obvious lack of strength. almost a stick-figure. i can only imagine the bologna staff having him work out, trying to get him to be the best player he can be.

tsalgik - esu pleov swstos. eva pragma, isws o ferrer tou eipe dioti dev tov upologizei pia, kai epsaxne kaivoupia omada. h bologna dev eivai kai h xeipoteph epilogh gia tov mora.

Actually, it was his lack of balance and high center of gravity defensively that was much more of a liability than his lack of strength.

Phenomenal skill on the ball. Virtually useless marking anyone but a scarecrow.

• 4 weeks later...

moras was playing and starting - moras got injured in bologna's 1-0 win over lecce on oct. 6. his average on bologna's pagelle is -5.9-

i haven't seen him play for bologna, but what sticks out from his days at aek, was his obvious lack of strength. almost a stick-figure. i can only imagine the bologna staff having him work out, trying to get him to be the best player he can be.

tsalgik - esu pleov swstos. eva pragma, isws o ferrer tou eipe dioti dev tov upologizei pia, kai epsaxne kaivoupia omada. h bologna dev eivai kai h xeipoteph epilogh gia tov mora.

Yes.You were right my friend.A friend of mine(Greek),is working at Palamalaguti.Today Olympiakos played against Bologna.

He discussed with Moras who went there to watch ha match,and he said that he did not wanted to leave AEK,but Ferrer did not count on him.Out of his plans he said.

And another thing.Bologna is dreaming serie A.I dont how it happened,but they are there.Lets hope for the next year.

(altheia aytoi oi anthropoi den endiaferontai gia ayto.Tous parakoloutho.Meno sta 500 metra apo to stadio.Fetos piga,oles tis fores pou den epaixe o Moras.Apisteyto,Mallon de trha pigaino gia na paizei :D )

• 1 month later...

moras played all 90 minutes today in bologna's 3-1 victory over avellino. moras scored a headed goal to the 2nd post off a corner in the 42'.

in response to a question if moras has proved himself and moras' goal opened the victory for bologna, bologna manager arrigoni talked about the 26 year old 1.93m larissaio: "moras has played many matches and by now, has shown he is a reliable player and even more, he's doesn't forgive the opponent in the air game."

I realise that he was far from the finished article when at AEK but I always admired him. I hope we get to see him in Serie A soon.

Guest TheLegend

The post above says they are tied in first 4 games abvove the 2nd place team so it seems they are in a very good position to go up the season is nearing the end also....

Idk how good this guy is and how old he is but maybe he should be considered at a friendly...

aek66, would you say it was a mistake by ferrer to waive moras in the offseason and bring in ascarate as his replacement? would you say alves is better than moras? i know this is some armchair quarterback hindsight...

i wasnt in favour of letting go of moras and tziortzopoulos. maybe thats another reason ferrer got sacked. he robbed the team of any depth. just one lb and no rb? its always easy to judge in hindsight though...

• 4 weeks later...

moras played a full 90 minutes in bologna's 2-0 midweek away victory with treviso. moras, once again...was bologna's best defender averaging a lofty 6.6 on the pagelle. moras was booked and will miss bologna's next match (4 yellows) with frosinone.

despite the booking, corriere dello sport gave moras a '7', while il bologna raved about moras with a 7.5. the rest of the major italian sport publications gave moras a 6.5 (save tuttosport, where the booking carried significant weight, and moras was given a '6').

bologna and arrigoni changed schemes going from a 3-5-2 to the 'milanese' 4-3-1-2. regardless of a 3 centerback scheme or a flat back 4, moras is having his brightest spell at the monent with bologna.

File what is the definition of these ratings? In the UK we (people and newspapers) seem to go by the Championship Manager ratings. So it is the general consensus that:

4 or lower = an abysmal performance that cost your team the game

5 = below average.

6 = Average.

7 = Mainly average but contributed an extra bit, so an average player on a winning team that did his job well may get a 7.

8 = A very good performance, played a major role in the game.

9 = A match winning performance.

10 = The perfect performance.

It's obvious that by referring to a 6.6 as "lofty" the definition of the mark is different, so how do you and the Italian newspapers define these marks?

moras played a full 90 minutes in bologna's 2-0 midweek away victory with treviso. moras, once again...was bologna's best defender averaging a lofty 6.6 on the pagelle. moras was booked and will miss bologna's next match (4 yellows) with frosinone.

despite the booking, corriere dello sport gave moras a '7', while il bologna raved about moras with a 7.5. the rest of the major italian sport publications gave moras a 6.5 (save tuttosport, where the booking carried significant weight, and moras was given a '6').

bologna and arrigoni changed schemes going from a 3-5-2 to the 'milanese' 4-3-1-2. regardless of a 3 centerback scheme or a flat back 4, moras is having his brightest spell at the monent with bologna.

File what is the definition of these ratings? In the UK we (people and newspapers) seem to go by the Championship Manager ratings. So it is the general consensus that:

5 = below average.

6 = Average.

7 = Mainly average but contributed an extra bit, so an average player on a winning team that did his job well may get a 7.

It's obvious that by referring to a 6.6 as "lofty" the definition of the mark is different, so how do you and the Italian newspapers define these marks?

well, obviously the numbers are alot more conservative in italy. in italy, a '6' isn't bad at all. i'd say a 5.5.-6 would be average/not bad. anything over '6', is good...a '7' is particulary good. a 7.5 is very good - eye opening, man of the match numbers. '8' is sublime.

even in the days of baggio scoring a free kick goal and assisting on 2 others, baggio at the most, would get a 8.5. i've never seen anything higher than a '9', though i'm sure they have been given. la gazzetta dello sport is the most respected football newspaper in the country. look on a monday...and you'll see players that score a rare hat-trick graded 7.5 or 8. anything higher than an 8 is rarely given out.

the italians are absolutely anal on this stuff and i may roll my eyes at times, i respect them 100% in their football traditions and football accumen.

when i watch the greek national team, i try to grade them like this. i think the highest grade i ever gave was an '8' or '8.5'. i've seen you or others throw 9's and 10's around and it's your opinion, but i'm used to the italian way.

moras averaged a 6.6 for his last match, which is very good in italian standards.

i've heard of championship manager...understand it's a game...not sure what they base their grades on. in germany, i believe players are rated 1-5...not much lee-way there.

Ok thanks, i asked so i could understand how well Moras has been playing. Thanks.

5 = below average.

6 = Average.

well, obviously the numbers are alot more conservative in italy. in italy, a '6' isn't bad at all. i'd say a 5.5.-6 would be average/not bad. anything over '6', is good...a '7' is particulary good. a 7.5 is very good - eye opening, man of the match numbers. '8' is sublime.

even in the days of baggio scoring a free kick goal and assisting on 2 others, baggio at the most, would get a 8.5. i've never seen anything higher than a '9', though i'm sure they have been given. la gazzetta dello sport is the most respected football newspaper in the country. look on a monday...and you'll see players that score a rare hat-trick graded 7.5 or 8. anything higher than an 8 is rarely given out.

the italians are absolutely anal on this stuff and i may roll my eyes at times, i respect them 100% in their football traditions and football accumen.

when i watch the greek national team, i try to grade them like this. i think the highest grade i ever gave was an '8' or '8.5'. i've seen you or others throw 9's and 10's around and it's your opinion, but i'm used to the italian way.

moras averaged a 6.6 for his last match, which is very good in italian standards.

i've heard of championship manager...understand it's a game...not sure what they base their grades on. in germany, i believe players are rated 1-5...not much lee-way there.

Ok thanks, i asked so i could understand how well Moras has been playing. Thanks.
here's an example of how the bologna side got rated by 1 source (corriere dello sport), just for this instance. mind you, bologna won 2-0 AWAY and played well..not the same type of marks that you would give based on your example.

adailton (penalty) and valiani scored in the 1st half for bologna. moras and bombardini for bologna got booked. moras played well, along with marazzina and goalscorer valiani.

antonioli (6) - terzi (6), moras (7), castellini (6.5), bonetto (6.5); mingazzini (6.5), carrus (6.5), valiani (7); adailton (6) (lavecchia 61' (6)); fava (5.5) (bucchi 78' (incomplete)), marazzina (7) (bombardini 68' (5.5)).

Ok, i understand. It's very different from in the UK. Obviously, it's not the grade per se that matters but the definition of that grade, that why I asked. Also, do booking affect the grade? In the UK unless someone get's sent off, a yellow card will not affect the grade.

• 2 weeks later...

moras played 45 minutes in bologna's 2-2 away draw with ascoli. moras injured his right leg (deep bruise) and was substituted at the half.

despite only 45 minutes, moras went off with bologna leading 1-2. moras was graded a 6, on the average pagelle (given a 6.5 by corriere dello sport). once again, moras was the highest-graded defender for bologna.

at the present, bologna is in 2nd place in serie b with 67 points. bologna trail league leaders chievo by 2 points.

Have you heard any rumours on if they'll they keep him in the team if they go up? Or will they look to strengthen?

moras played 45 minutes in bologna's 2-2 away draw with ascoli. moras injured his right leg (deep bruise) and was substituted at the half.

despite only 45 minutes, moras went off with bologna leading 1-2. moras was graded a 6, on the average pagelle (given a 6.5 by corriere dello sport). once again, moras was the highest-graded defender for bologna.

at the present, bologna is in 2nd place in serie b with 67 points. bologna trail league leaders chievo by 2 points.

is there still a hellas verona?

if so.. how are they going?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Moras' newly promoted Bologna side, defeats AC Milan 2-1. Bologna lead 1-0 as well. AC Milan had a ridiculous amount of possesion, but could not finish. Moras played well, considering the entire defence had an aire of desperation about it with the pressure of Ronaldinho, Shevchinko, Pato(60' sub), Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi et all.

Nice to see an Ellina perform on such a big stage, I hope we see more.

• Argy changed the title to Vaggelis Moras ‒ (transferred to Panetolikos from Bari on August 31, 2017)
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Vaggelis Moras ‒ (Retired)
  • Argy locked this topic