Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Greece - Moldova

Ziaka

On Wednesday, June 6th Greece plays Moldova at Pankrytio Stadium in Heraklio.

Kick-off time is 21:30 GR time

Players called up for the game:

Nikopolidis, Anatolakis, Torosidis (Olympiakos), Chalkias (Aris), Dellas, Lyberopoulos (AEK), Papadopoulos, Salpiggidis, Vyntra, Goumas, Tziolis (Panathinaikos), Spyropoulos (Panionios), Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers), Seitaridis (Atletico Madrid), Basinas (RCD Mallorca), Karagounis, Katsouranis (Benfica Lisbon), Kyrgiakos, Amanatidis (Eintracht Frankfurt), Fyssas (Hearts of Midlothian), Charisteas (Feyenoord Rotterdam), Gekas (Bayer Leverkusen), Samaras (Manchester City), Kapsis (Apoel Nicosia)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest geok

There is no way we can ever get an easy win. Didn't you see what happened against Malta? Out NT almost never wins easily.

I think we can beat Moldova 1-0, and if our fans push us a bit more we can win 2-0.

I think the same 11 with 2 changes - Goumas for Anatolakis and Samaras for Charisteas

The natural lefty Amantidis should play again

Torosidis gets another crack at LB - I love his offensive play but he needs practise defensively back there - this should be another chance towet his feet against lesser opponents

Charisteas play pretty well I thought but I think Otto should give Samaras a chance at right wing - either that or let Stelios play there

It aperars as though Gekas has now become the #1 target man

2 minor changes in my lineup, we need Vyntras in for Anatolakis and Samaras in for Charisteas.

------------------------------- Chalkias -----------------------------------

Seitaridis -------- Vyntras --------------- Kyrigakos ------------- Torosidis

Karagounis ----------------- Basinas --------------------- Katsouranis

-------Samaras ---------------- Gekas ---------------- Amanatidis ------

:gr: :gr: :gr:

this is a must win game, norway are home to hungary and bosnia play malta so i expect them both to win. we must win to maintain the gap over bosnia & norway. will not be easy though moldova didn't have a game on saturday so they have had longer to prepare than greece.

I am not saying this in any sort of arrogant manner, just being realistic and possibly a little optimistic, but we really should as a minimum beat Moldova at least by 4.

I know this has been said countless times before but we shouldn't be shackled by these smaller nations.

I hope for a win of 5 - 0.

However this team of late has been dissapointing so a win would suffice, but it will do nothing for the confidence if we sneak by with a 1 - 0 at home to the bottom club.

Maybe Amanatidis can finally score as well. We are the group leaders however we may have the best defensive stats in the group, but our goals for tally is 6 behind Turkey and 3 behind Norway and Bosnia.

We need a thorough orgy of goals to get our confidence up. Our boys have to put up with Otto's sauerkraut breath!

basinas is out with yellows so i think stelios will come in.

i see chsristeas being replaced by samaras and anatol by goumas or dellas.

id like to see tziolis get a chance

Nikos, Stelios looks slower then Anatolakis : :la:

Otto will go 4-3-3 again

Chalkias

Giourkas-Patsa(I thought he was in position all the time ala Kapsis)-Kyriakos-Vyntra( I would love to see spyropoulos)

Karagounis-Katsouranis-Torosidis

Samaras-Gekas-Amanatidis

Stelios does not have the legs to start and cover that much ground as a midfielder.

Samaras in for Charisteas is a no brainer for me maybe not for OTTO.

I was against the 4-3-3 v. Turkey but maybe against Moldova it's not a bad idea.

We cannot fall into the trap of letting Moldova into the game. We should apply pressure early and not quit. Maybe that way we will even see some new players brought in - when it's safe to do so.

Otto is so stubborn. I know that these players won the Euro but that doesnt mean that they deserve a spot on the team for the rest of their lives. Nikopolidis should never take the field for the NT ever again. In all honestly, Fyssas, Kapsis, and Nikopolidis should do the honorable thing and retire from international football. It will save them the embarassment of ###### up again and force Otto to make the changes he should have made a long time ago.

Archived