Phantis Forums

Dimitrios Konstantopoulos ‒ (Retired)

Athens4

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a replay of the match with Preston North End.

I didn't see the goal he conceded as the commentators said something about him being at fault for it, but aisde from one nervy moment where he kicked the ball out for a throw in near the corner post, his keeping and especially his kicking out was top class.

His team would regularly play the ball back to him and his distribution was excellent. He is a left footer.

Best Greek goalkeeper for sure. Pity Otto the gaidouri doesn't know he even exists.

I saw a replay of the match with Preston North End.

I didn't see the goal he conceded as the commentators said something about him being at fault for it, but aisde from one nervy moment where he kicked the ball out for a throw in near the corner post, his keeping and especially his kicking out was top class.

His team would regularly play the ball back to him and his distribution was excellent. He is a left footer.

Best Greek goalkeeper for sure. Pity Otto the gaidouri doesn't know he even exists.

To say he's the best he has to prove himself at the top level first. If Coventry draw a Premiership side in the cup and they are raining crosses on him and whipping shots at him and he performs well then we can say he's the best keeper we have. I don't understand why he went to Coventry when he was easily good enough to go to AEK. I haven't seen him that much, from the handful of games I have seen he seems solid. He needs to make the transition from solid to great now... the time is right for him.

• 2 weeks later...

well, this litmus test shall occur on wednesday.

we have the offensive juggernaut which is manchester united, home, to coventry city.

the sky blues must surely be down morale-wise, due to recent poor (defensive) play in the championship. bad for the club, but, could be a God-send, career-wise for konstantopoulo. the more work for the 'keeper, the better the chance to show off his skills.

Beat me to it :P

Was just going to say that Man Utd away is his chance to show that he is Premiership class. This is his opportunity to shine and earn a transfer to the big time. Man Utd won't play a first team in this but they'll still have some great talent on show, O'Shea, Anderson, etc. Konstantopoulos has to be at his best. Don't show-boat, don't take stupid risks, just be solid, show safe hands, and be confident in collecting crosses. Comanding his defence won't hurt other. Lead your club to vitory against the scum! :gr:

in the last carling cup game andy marshall played in goal for coventry, i think he's been promised all cup games, i'm not sure konstantopoulos will play

This is a big game for Coventry, will they really not use their best players? Edited by DUDE

tote ean skeftesai etsi, kai trwi tessara apo thn ip^swich, poso kalos einai gia na peksi kai ethniki.posa tha etroge apo kamia tourkia aftos. maybe ipswqich is a little better then you initially thought. thats all dude. easy.

A goalkeeper is not always responsible for how many goals he concedes, the defence is. If the defence is providing little protection then there isn't much a keeper can do. Look at the world's great goalkeepers... Seamen, Schmiechal, Zoff, Buffon, etc. They were all playing behind an excellent defence. However, you can still be excellent and concede many. The Russian Lev Yashin is widely considered to be the greatest goalkeeper ever. The World Goalkeeper of the Year award is named "The Yashin Award". Lev Yashin used to play Ice Hocky before football and he was scouted when a football coach saw him play in goal and conceded 7!!!! BUT if he wasn't for him they'd have conceded 27! Today the best keeper in the world imo is Buffon, others will say Cech, etc. Whoever you rate... imagine putting him in goal for OFI, do you think he'd concede less goals than Nikopolidi? Obviously not because strikers would get more chances and easier ones against him because of the poor defence.

Konstantopoulos is a goalkeeper that consistently won player of the month for Hartlepool... now I don't care what league you're in, if a GK is winning awards like that over strikers and attacking midfielders then in the very least he must be an impressive shot stopper. He may not face a barrage of top class crossing but he must be great at shop stopping. The only way we know if he can handle the pressure of top level crossing, etc, is if we see him in that role. Hence, I'm not suggesting he should be Greece's number 1 but he deserves a chance, possibly in friendlies.

Anyway, the point is, it doesn't matter that he conceded 4 goals if there was nothing he could do about any of them and the fact that Ipswich scored 4 past him doesn't make them a good side.

A goalkeeper is not always responsible for how many goals he concedes, the defence is. If the defence is providing little protection then there isn't much a keeper can do. Look at the world's great goalkeepers... Seamen, Schmiechal, Zoff, Buffon, etc. They were all playing behind an excellent defence. However, you can still be excellent and concede many. The Russian Lev Yashin is widely considered to be the greatest goalkeeper ever. The World Goalkeeper of the Year award is named "The Yashin Award". Lev Yashin used to play Ice Hocky before football and he was scouted when a football coach saw him play in goal and conceded 7!!!! BUT if he wasn't for him they'd have conceded 27!  Today the best keeper in the world imo is Buffon, others will say Cech, etc. Whoever you rate... imagine putting him in goal for OFI, do you think he'd concede less goals than Nikopolidi? Obviously not because strikers would get more chances and easier ones against him because of the poor defence.

Konstantopoulos is a goalkeeper that consistently won player of the month for Hartlepool... now I don't care what league you're in, if a GK is winning awards like that over strikers and attacking midfielders then in the very least he must be an impressive shot stopper. He may not face a barrage of top class crossing but he must be great at shop stopping. The only way we know if he can handle the pressure of top level crossing, etc, is if we see him in that role. Hence, I'm not suggesting he should be Greece's number 1 but he deserves a chance, possibly in friendlies.

Anyway, the point is, it doesn't matter that he conceded 4 goals if there was nothing he could do about any of them and the fact that Ipswich scored 4 past him doesn't make them a good side.

Loipon gia eisagogi vazo oti den eho dei pote ton Konstantopoulo en drasei.

Alla adelfe mou Dude eheis dikio kai adiko.Kai to leo gia ena pragma kai mono

.De xero ti amyna tha yparhei alla kalyteros termatofylekas apo ton Buffon den yparhei kai den ypirxe pote..

An den ypirhe aytos i Italia oute me kialia tha evlepe mundial.Milame gia enan anthropo me exopragmatika kai exogiina antanaklastika.Den yparhei kaneis sto eidos tou,As lene oloi alloi,aggloi,tsehoi,germanoi,oti theloun.Aytos einai ektos diagonismou.I amyna tou Ofi de tha hreiazotan.Milame gia fenomeno,gia mena o monadikos superstar tis Italias mazi me ton Totti.(pou den ehei shesi i thesi)

O Lev Yashin einai mprosta tou enas aplos goalkeeper,kai o Schmeichel,kai o Zoff kai o Dasaev kai opoiosdipote allos.

• 1 month later...

plaing in his first match since sep 22 - 0-0 after 55minutes

Coventry are 3-1 up now but Stoke's goal was a penalty anyway so it's practically a clean sheet. Does anyone know how he got a first team game? Was the other keeper injured in midweek or did Konstantopoulos just win his place back?

• Argy changed the title to Dimitrios Konstantopoulos ‒ Free Agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Dimitrios Konstantopoulos ‒ (Retired)