Phantis Forums

Dimitrios Konstantopoulos ‒ (Retired)

Athens4

• 1 year later...

I've been saying for months now that he should be given a chance with the Ethniki, but I cant blame Otto. If he picked a keeper from Hartlepool and he wasn't great then imagine the stick he'd get! The Greek clubs are to blame. Nikopolidis is finished, Galinovic and Edebe are below average, Sorrentino is leaving, etc. Someone give him a chance!! He's a keeper and is winning player of the month awards!!!

he's out of contract now i expect him to move to a championship club in the summer. i'd be suprised if he signs on at hartlepool

If he stays in the Championship he's a dumbass! He should go on trial with a Prem club or go back to Greece with one of the top clubs!

If he stays in the Championship he's a dumbass! He should go on trial with a Prem club or go back to Greece with one of the top clubs!

i dont know if coming to greece yet is a good idea..he has already accostomed himself to english football even though its at a less competitive level then the premiership. i think coming back to greece would be a step forward competition-wise(in comparison to the league 1) but a step backward for his future..he took league 2 by storm and showed that he is ready to establish himself in the higher english leagues. his contract with hartlepool is up this summer and even though they offered him a new contract, i dont think he will stay... i know cardiff and watford are both interested in him and mb spending a season in the championship might be good for him. it could go both ways..if he performs well he could be a premierhsip gk very soon. the thing is, he is not that young...he is 29..keep in mind this is still fairly young for a gk. but if he does not establish himself quickly, an epl move could not happen for acouple years. so in that sense, coming back to greece could be a better idea...i would have no problem with him being paos next gk but for his club career, staying in england might be a better idea...

i dont care if hes in the championship, compeititon there is still very very high and if he performs well, i see no reason why he could not be called up the the NT and prove himself...

i would like to see him in greece too dude cause from what i saw he is a very good keeper...but only he can asses what is right for his career...

outside the top 3 teams in greece the championship is a higher level of football the greek league is pathetic he'll be better off in the championship if he plays regular first team football there

Are you mad??? If PAOK, Aris, etc played a team like Wolves they would hammer them!

wolves are a bigger club than paok they have higher gates more money and given the chance to play for wolves or paok you'll be mad to play for paok. face it the greek league is s%$#!, only if oly pao or aek come in for konstantopoulos should he consider going back to greece the championship is better,teams like apollon atromitos etc play infront of 1500 fans wolves get gates of 20000+ as do other clubs at that level

wolves are a bigger club than paok they have higher gates more money and given the chance to play for wolves or paok you'll be mad to play for paok. face it the greek league is s%$#!, only if oly pao or aek come in for konstantopoulos should he consider going back to greece the championship is better,teams like apollon atromitos etc play infront of 1500 fans wolves get gates of 20000+ as do other clubs at that level

In terms of financial organisation yes Wolves would be a preferable option but how on earth can you say that Wolves are a bigger club that PAOK???

Finance isnt everything in football, Fiorentina and Leeds are bust, they are MUCH bigger clubs than Wolves! If PAOK wasn't in the financial situation it's in then there would be no contest between PAOK and Wolves and I can't believe you think the level of football is higher in the Championship! I'm a strong advocate of the English league. I keep saying the Premiership is the strongest league in the world and the lower leagues in England are stronger than anywhere else, but dont get carried away.

Coventry is a poor move for him... he's a m#$%! if he goes there!

coventry tried to sign him a couple of seasons ago but hartlepool didn't let him go. as for wolves and paok wolves get a higher attendance every home game than paok. the level of football in the greek league is awful

coventry tried to sign him a couple of seasons ago but hartlepool didn't let him go. as for wolves and paok wolves get a higher attendance every home game than paok. the level of football in the greek league is awful

It's funny how the Greek league is sooooooo poor that even the championship is better and then these types of games happen:

Aris 2-2 West Ham (Aris are displaying some real "awful" passing here, and that first Aris goal is "awful" :P )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jErUPiyn_Gk

PAOK 1 - 0 Arsenal (And this was an Arsenal side that won the double in England!)

But hey maybe Arsenal saved it in the 2nd leg??? NAAAAHHHH!

ARSENAL 1 - 1 PAOK (I was at this game... ah the memories)

PAO 1 - 0 Arsenal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzZqTt121eY

There was also the 2 draws between PAO and Arsenal (2-2 and 1-1)... Now as I said, the Prem for me is the best league in the world at this present moment in team. But in various matches Greek teams have held their own against English opposition in recent years... and trust me, teams like Aris, PAOK, OFI, Panionios, etc. would hammer Wolves!

Hartlepool this past season are division 2 = 4th highest division in england

next year Championship with Coventry

Championship is still not great experience

Edited by loup

It's funny how the Greek league is sooooooo poor that even the championship is better and then these types of games happen:

Aris 2-2 West Ham (Aris are displaying some real "awful" passing here, and that first Aris goal is "awful" :P )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jErUPiyn_Gk

PAOK 1 - 0 Arsenal (And this was an Arsenal side that won the double in England!)

But hey maybe Arsenal saved it in the 2nd leg??? NAAAAHHHH!

ARSENAL 1 - 1 PAOK (I was at this game... ah the memories)

PAO 1 - 0 Arsenal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzZqTt121eY

There was also the 2 draws between PAO and Arsenal (2-2 and 1-1)... Now as I said, the Prem for me is the best league in the world at this present moment in team. But in various matches Greek teams have held their own against English opposition in recent years... and trust me, teams like Aris, PAOK, OFI, Panionios, etc. would hammer Wolves!

i remember the paok arsenal game but that was a few years ago. recently we've struggled in the uefa cup and champions league look at papadopoulos he couldn't get in the burnley team now he's a regular for pao. as for konstantopoulos he may not end up at coventry but if he does end up playing in the championship for say charlton surely that would be better than playing for say aris or atromitos

• 2 months later...
  • Argy changed the title to Dimitrios Konstantopoulos ‒ Free Agent
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Dimitrios Konstantopoulos ‒ (Retired)