Phantis Forums

LARISSA - PANATHINKAIKOS

athinaios

The game has started and no topic here! It's the final cup game and it seems that we don't care all that much...

To tell you the truth, I almost forgot myself. I just checked, and Larissa is up 1-0!!!

35': Both teams are playing as they don't want to be there. Boring game. They're not even trying. Shame! Which makes the statements by PAO players all this past week are ridiculous & pathetic.... You know, "we must win for our fans," "we will win"...

I don't even think Munoz cares either...

To tell you the truth, I almost forgot myself.

:huh: This is your season all in 1 game dude.

Sorry but can't see PAO winning this... got a bet on Larissa at 7/2 and its looking good B) If Larissa win this they'll stay up, and if they stay up they'll have a good season next year. But they'll have to replace Alonefti who is a BIG player for them. Koslej who scored today was always dangerious in the Cypriot league and he could really settle. In all fairness though, apart from 2 or 3 players they dont actually have much, if PAO do lose this it's totally inexusable!

Congrats to Larissa.

This caps perhaps the worst season for PAO, the worst years... Tzigger presiding.

Don't feel bad, because this team does not deserve any better! :angry:

I hope the players don't come back to Athens any time soon. They don't deserve to be called PAO players right now, not when our basketball team is making us proud once again. :tup:

As for our departing coach, he's lucky that he's leaving this club. A new coach, will have to evaluate players again, (hello Vyntra), re-shuffle... I don't call it rebuilding anymore because building means there's something being built.... Right? Not moving BRICKS around! :tdown:

PS>No friends, don't be ashamed. We support PAO, but not those who ARE RESPONSIBLE for todays tragedy and pathetic collection of players.

PS2. I don't want to hear about more work and that next season will be better. This "thiasos" [not a team] practiced for a whole year and they still can not pass the ball more than 2-3 times! Just pathetic!

this is terrible..this team does not deserve to wear the jersey..throw everyone out and play our youth team...they would probably show more heart right now..i am ashamed to be a pao fan today..one of the few times i have ever said this but i am ashamed...

oh come on man nobody ruined our history . our team is in awful form.

and Munoz is WAY better than Bakke. Bakke would have us in 8th place, he was completly worthless and at least occasionally under Munoz we play well, as opposed to consistently blowing ass and being 4th division level under Bakke, which is the worst I have ever seen PAO "play" if you will even call it that.

Nilsson, Vyntra, Seric and Biscan played today.... why cant they just leave!!!!

Im not gonna congratulate Larisa, F*** AEL and adio adio ekei sth V2...

PAO did let greek football down, as now AEL are going to play UEFA instead of OFI or PAOK who are miles better.

scrap the team......keep the STRONG players, and hang the Biscans, Romeros, Vyntras Seric and anybody else who were overpaying to play like a 4th

grader.

Thiis Cup didnt matter, its the Greek Cup. If we had gotten the cup it would have made a bad season seem decent. Personally I think every team in the competition sucked, from PAO, AEL, OSFP, AEK and PAOK nobody deserved to hold a cup, they were all pure crap.

pao123:

dont say that garbage about PAO. The football team is in bad times. Tommorow PAO plays tommorow in the Euroleague Final, so you are either proud to be a PAO fan or your not a PAO fan.

Congratulations to Larissa.

They won the final fairly and I hope they avoid relegation.

It's nice to see small town teams win titles, even if it's painful to see my team lose.

For us, this is the second worst year I can remember (many don't seem to remember the Zaets-Apostolakis coaching year when we finished in the middle of the table).

Let's hope something drastic changes because it seems to me we have been on a downward spiral for three years, and there is more room to fall.

A nice moment I just watched: Digozis received his medal holding his kid who is wearing Ninis' jersey. Nice!

The whole season can be summed up in the last second of the game (94') where Mantzios missed from one meter in an empty net... :o

I feel bad for Salpi for not playing, he deserved it more than anyone.

Ninis will be back, Goumas will be PAO forever.

Leontiou was a trouper.

Nilsson may have saved his departure.

This team deserves just that.

I think Munoz is lucky to leave...

PANATHINAIKOS B.C. :nw:

The real final is tomorrow :tup:

BRAVO LARISSA, CUP WINNERS! CONGRATULATIONS :)

Party on, Thessalia! :band:

PEACE

It's hard not to feel ashamed.How can a pao fan not remember the solid team we used to have back in the 90's. Now there are few players in this team that you can watch and not get mad.

Who can be compared with warzycha?or apostolakis?or borelli?

I agree that there is nothing good to build on.

We need players and coaches and management with winning attitude. Not Leontiou, not Mantzios(unbelievable! lost a great chance and another cant miss chance!).

Even Tziolis is small for panathinaikos. Morris can't help commiting silly mistakes which reduces the stability of the defence. Goumas is looking old. Vyntra is Vyntra, Seric is too small. I say Ninis and Pap is the heart of this team. What stands above average and is worthy of being called PAO and bearing the triffili on the chest. Salpigidis has a lot convincing to do about his transfer. And gonzalez is a big questionmark.

Let's see the new year under Velic as a director. I hope we can see some essence in this

team..

Congratulations to Larissa.

They won the final fairly and I hope they avoid relegation.

It's nice to see small town teams win titles, even if it's painful to see my team lose.

what small town man Larisa is a CITY

Trifylli is right - forget about this guys, the real final is TOMMOROW IN OAKA.

PAO is going for a REAL title...

as for the season...

oh come on man nobody ruined our history . our team is in awful form.

and Munoz is WAY better than Bakke. Bakke would have us in 8th place, he was completly worthless and at least occasionally under Munoz we play well, as opposed to consistently blowing ass and being 4th division level under Bakke, which is the worst I have ever seen PAO "play" if you will even call it that.

Nilsson, Vyntra, Seric and Biscan played today.... why cant they just leave!!!!

Im not gonna congratulate Larisa, F*** AEL and adio adio ekei sth V2...

PAO did let greek football down, as now AEL are going to play UEFA instead of OFI or PAOK who are miles better.

scrap the team......keep the STRONG players, and hang the Biscans, Romeros, Vyntras Seric and anybody else who were overpaying to play like a 4th

grader.

Thiis Cup didnt matter, its the Greek Cup. If we had gotten the cup it would have made a bad season seem decent. Personally I think every team in the competition sucked, from PAO, AEL, OSFP, AEK and PAOK nobody deserved to hold a cup, they were all pure crap.

pao123:

dont say that garbage about PAO. The football team is in bad times. Tommorow PAO plays tommorow in the Euroleague Final, so you are either proud to be a PAO fan or your not a PAO fan.

im not talking about basket..im always proud of our basketball team..but today i am ashamed of our team..i will continue to support the club full throttle and i know we are in a bad time but they disgraced themselves and the fans todays..

drakos

u seriously are a fukn wanker...u must either be stoned 24 7 or just one megalo fukn wanker bcthis the worst fukn pao team ever and there can be no excuse wats so ever

munoz no offence alla ton eixame gia theo gia polli kairo alla now histrue cards have shown and he needs to be stoned along with everyone in the team (except for ninis)

anyways

i think with the amount of pao supporters in this forum we should be able to get a pot going and get enuff money to out everyone in the vardinogianiis family once and for all

seriously

wat a fukn diagrace

fukn dickheads

how could you lose the cup final to larissa after promising all week to do it for the fans

i think we should start a mass stoning of all players starting at papadopoulos and then vyntra (yes pap first) bc his a fukn glofirified wanker and a poof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see things completely differently. Yes Larisa won. Yes pao was the better team. But how can the better team lose in such a crucial match.

Think about it this way. With munoz we TRY to play a ball control game while tryin to spread out the wings to get chances. Sometimes ( like the AEK game) we score goals and look awesome afterwards. but when we trail in a game, that kind of system is negative to try to come back. I am not blaming Munoz per se, but his style is more suitable for a smaller team to beat a bigger team IN SPAIN. in greece, when u wear the trifili, u need not play that style. we are definately lackin key players in certain positions but in no way are we in a rebuilding phase.

Look at it this way. Larisa had 2 chances and scored two goals. Pao had at least 4 decent chances and scored on a penalty. had one or two of those goals gone in, that would have changed everything and right now we would be saying how well they played.

The truth is, u need to play open in greece to be succesful. Look at AEK and OSFP, no. forget those two. They, along with pao, win games at times based solely on the jersey they are wearing. Look at ARIS.

ARIS plays the kind of football i dream that pao will someday return too. and it looks like they might only end up about 4 or 5 points behind pao.

I am not saying im not ashamed. I AM.

No way should PAO lose a cup final game to teams other then AEK OR OSFP. that i could accept. that i could say might have been a case of the better team winning. or at least the one that could be better. Larisa can never be better then pao. yet here they are cup winners. But this also means that OSFP and AEK had a dissapointing year in the cup.

Now for me, my family being from Pithio,Elassona.. about a 20 minute drive from parisa, its kind of bittersweet. my hometown team won the cup but they beat the team i root for. catch 22.

You also have to question certain decisions that munoz made, replacing Nilsson, who contrary to popular belief in here anyway, is one of the better players this year, he replaces him and puts in Seric. now i dont have a problem with seric. i just wonder why u take vyntra from the left, where he did nothing and place him on the right, replacing ur most dangerous player.

Odd.

and Mantzios. Poor poor mantzios. missing a goal my grandmother would probably score. i dont see a bright future with pao for him cuz of that. shaed of Gekas and lymberopoulos. well at least he will go elsewhere and make a great career.

without exaggerating, pao needs to get rid off: Vyntra, Seric,Romero,Goumas( as a starter at least) Andric, and both goalies.

honestly. they are not made for pao.

leontiou to be kept as a sub. and maybe pap should play less. sure he offers heart. but he is way over rated. seems to me we got rid of the wrong forward last summer. i was also one of the people sayin we should sign pap. but never did i say we shoudl get rid of gekas.

Blunder after blunder after blunder.

This team (FANS INCLUDED) need a rude awakening.

this team needs, sorry to say it.. Dusan Bajevic.

strict, takes no s*it and has a gameplan that has been proven succesful in greece.

either way, we will prob get some no name coach that will be gone by xmas.

later skaters

I see things completely differently. Yes Larisa won. Yes pao was the better team. But how can the better team lose in such a crucial match.

Think about it this way. With munoz we TRY to play a ball control game while tryin to spread out the wings to get chances. Sometimes ( like the AEK game) we score goals and look awesome afterwards. but when we trail in a game, that kind of system is negative to try to come back. I am not blaming Munoz per se, but his style is more suitable for a smaller team to beat a bigger team IN SPAIN. in greece, when u wear the trifili, u need not play that style. we are definately lackin key players in certain positions but in no way are we in a rebuilding phase.

Look at it this way. Larisa had 2 chances and scored two goals. Pao had at least 4 decent chances and scored on a penalty. had one or two of those goals gone in, that would have changed everything and right now we would be saying how well they played.

The truth is, u need to play open in greece to be succesful. Look at AEK and OSFP, no. forget those two. They, along with pao, win games at times based solely on the jersey they are wearing. Look at ARIS.

ARIS plays the kind of football i dream that pao will someday return too. and it looks like they might only end up about 4 or 5 points behind pao.

I am not saying im not ashamed. I AM.

No way should PAO lose a cup final game to teams other then AEK OR OSFP. that i could accept. that i could say might have been a case of the better team winning. or at least the one that could be better. Larisa can never be better then pao. yet here they are cup winners. But this also means that OSFP and AEK had a dissapointing year in the cup.

Now for me, my family being from Pithio,Elassona.. about a 20 minute drive from parisa, its kind of bittersweet. my hometown team won the cup but they beat the team i root for. catch 22.

You also have to question certain decisions that munoz made, replacing Nilsson, who contrary to popular belief in here anyway, is one of the better players this year, he replaces him and puts in Seric. now i dont have a problem with seric. i just wonder why u take vyntra from the left, where he did nothing and place him on the right, replacing ur most dangerous player.

Odd.

and Mantzios. Poor poor mantzios. missing a goal my grandmother would probably score. i dont see a bright future with pao for him cuz of that. shaed of Gekas and lymberopoulos. well at least he will go elsewhere and make a great career.

without exaggerating, pao needs to get rid off: Vyntra, Seric,Romero,Goumas( as a starter at least) Andric, and both goalies.

honestly. they are not made for pao.

leontiou to be kept as a sub. and maybe pap should play less. sure he offers heart. but he is way over rated. seems to me we got rid of the wrong forward last summer. i was also one of the people sayin we should sign pap. but never did i say we shoudl get rid of gekas.

Blunder after blunder after blunder.

This team (FANS INCLUDED) need a rude awakening.

this team needs, sorry to say it.. Dusan Bajevic.

strict, takes no s*it and has a gameplan that has been proven succesful in greece.

either way, we will prob get some no name coach that will be gone by xmas.

later skaters

I mostly agree with you nikosvazelas. PAO indeed should play the sort of football ARIS plays. I also agree about your comments on who should go. Where i dont agree with you is PAP and on someone before you mentioning Salpi has to do macht work to be worth his transfer. PAP surely didnt have his best season but had some injurie problems over the year and he offered much heart. Also he didnt hide before telling his opinion about the sort of "football" Munioz showed the team in all games. Salpi is our best scorer this year and lacked much support from middle of our team.

the choises Munioz made today where awful and somehow even though he says he wants to stay his actions today showed the opposite.

Goumas should become member of the team management. He is PAO to the bone and would give more in some position instead of keeping up football.

LARISSA EISE TRELA!!!!

http://www.goal4replay.net/VideoWatchF.asp?ID=48&Ln=En

FANATASTIC too see a provincial team win a trophy! As for those of you who were calling me a prick for saying Munoz was a HUGELY overated manager and much inferior to Bajevic... :la:

Salpi, Ninis, and Goumas deserve plaudits for their efforts throughout the year but generally PAO have failed. It's time for some serious rebuilding!

Get Bajevic in and let him rebuild the side! Or give Munoz another chance but bring in new players! Forget Ivanshitz and all these s%$#! players some of you rate and get in some genuine class. Veron seems to be interested, GET HIM! He's exactly what PAO is lacking! Get a centre-forward too and a couple of defenders.

Like I've said before, PAO is a huge club, not just domestically, but in Europe too. Finishing 3rd and winning nothing 2 years in a row in a league where the Champs are aging and AEK are still recovering from bankrupcy is unacceptable!

PAO should sign Veron and Pavone from Estudiantes. Fight Oly for Spyropoulos and AEK for Alonefti. Start playing Bidis, and try and lure Okkas away from Oly. Mybe even consider buying talented "rejects" from top clubs like Flamini from Arsenal, and Dudek from Liverpool, or try and raid the relegated sides from Europe's top leagues. I.e. go for Watford's Marlon King or if West Ham get relegated go in for a few of their players like Zamora, Benayoun or Reo-Cocker... hey, why not even try their very top prized assets like Ashton or Anton Ferdinand.

One things for sure, if PAO want a team they have to get the very top Greek youngsters and combine them with quality foreigners. PAO are a LONG way off the team they had in the 1990's, if you want to start winning the league and progressing in Europe, Vardinoyianni has to spend a good

drakos

u seriously are a fukn wanker...u must either be stoned 24 7 or just one megalo fukn wanker bcthis the worst fukn pao team ever and there can be no excuse wats so ever

munoz no offence alla ton eixame gia theo gia polli kairo alla now histrue cards have shown and he needs to be stoned along with everyone in the team (except for ninis)

anyways

i think with the amount of pao supporters in this forum we should be able to get a pot going and get enuff money to out everyone in the vardinogianiis family once and for all

seriously

wat a fukn diagrace

fukn dickheads

how could you lose the cup final to larissa after promising all week to do it for the fans

i think we should start a mass stoning of all players starting at papadopoulos and then vyntra (yes pap first) bc his a fukn glofirified wanker and a poof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adoni youre drunk, and you didnt read what i said man, calm down...

I didnt make any excuse. I said we ###### sucked, and it was no difference because we sucked all this season. Why are Munoz's "true cards" when he fails and not when were beating AEK or OSFP??? The team is very inconsistent, but Munoz has plenty of experience so Im not sure if hes a total jackass yet. Afterall we were in the final this year, and he did take over in november as opposed to summer. Probably not the best option to stay, but I cant see how this is all his fault and that hes just an idiot. We say that about every coach every year...somethings different...I think its the current crop of players that cant perform on a consistent basis and have mood and form swings, a lot more so than Victor Munoz.

for Varidogiannis man we cant afford to buy out PAO lol lets be realistic. Hes not going anywhere, not with the new stadium being built, and not once its built for a long time. Think about it man, to somebody who isnt a PAO fan - this club looks like a huge risk to throw money into. So for good or worse we have to wait it out. If he can replace most staff under him over the summer Id say thats almost as good as having a new owner.

DUDE Ethnikitsi:

come on man.....go post your trash in LariSa forum, dont be an ass there are pissed off people here

Bajevic blah blah blah. You Really dont put it into context with the situation at PAO

You keep rambling about Bajevic, over and over and act as if its not at all possible for him to fail. Seeing how he has done his fair share of crap seasonal performances as well as some good ones in the 1990's - you really think a team plagued with inconsistent performances needs an inconsistent coach?

What do you think will happen if Bajevic takes over? Well win the Champions League? Do you not think about the amount of pressure hell be under, simply because of WHO he is? If we drop points, do you think we were hard on other coaches? It will be nothing compared to if Bajevic drops points, and thats not me thats fans, media, players and management in general. Is that what PAO needs? ANOTHER coach who will easily be jumped on as a scapegoat?

As for comparing to Munoz.....Is anybody else begining to wonder maybe its not really fair to judge any coach based on this team? They ALL come and fail and the management is blamed for hiring the wrong guy, and the cycle continues. New coach, fails, leaves, new coach, fails leaves.....Seeing how Munoz has had a good career in the worlds top league, maybe its not fair we judge him on what happens in this s%$#! superleague, simlar to Malesani who we judged and now hes gone and brought Udinese way back into the safe zone, and again thats not an easy task for a 'melinzana'.

Sign Okkas: No thanks we dont score enough goals already and we dont need more cypriot goats!!! :LOL:

Play Bidis? Yeah sometimes hes good I liked him, but honeslty Ninis does everythign he does much better.

And transfer targets are a bit unrealistic man....PAO cant spend $$$$$$$$$$$$ on players that have questionable potential like Benayoun and Zamora. I think theyre great players, but PAO cant go and bank their transfer season on them. Also English players have totally inflated values becuase the good ones are so scarce in the EPL, plenty of English teams are gonna go for him and PAO dont have that kind of money like EPL teams.

AEKPROTATHLIMA:

I strongly disagree that this is 'good for greek football'.

AEL winning the Greek Cup isnt going to do s*** for Greek soccer except hurt our UEFA coefficient. Their team still BLOWS, they are strong candidates for relegation.

PAOK or OFI (whose had such an impressive season) have lost the possible UEFA spot, and judging on performances and standings they are way better than AEL, and have a much better chance of hanging around in the UEFA than AEL (meaning more points for Greece).

More importantly AEL is also possibly going down to B ethniki......which means theyre not going to have the budget to buy players to compete in UEFA, and their top players like Aloneftis will be leaving the team, making them a B ethniki representing us in Europe, as opposed to having PAOK (who can get at least a few results in europe, beat the minor teams at least) or OFI (who really earned it, and bringing European ball to Crete, they have had a good season and worked hard, I think they could have even made some surprises in UEFA, they are such a hardworking team and well Cretans are insane....)

Even if they do stay up, Aloneftis is still probably gonna leave....and Larisa still wont be as good as other teams that could have been taking their spot.

I think if Larissa is relegated, they should give up their UEFA spot. I agree that PAOK and OFI will be better for Greece. If a Greek team that participates in euro play doesn't win, it's bad for our numbers, because the points collected are divided by the teams participating, so it's better to have fewer and better teams.

I watched Mantzios miss.... Wow! This is beyond bad luck.. It takes skill to tap the ball back the goalkeeper sideways, instead of kicking it, tapping it, stick-your-foot-out and the ball rols into the net with your eyes closed kind of a play!... Tsk, tsk.

I think if Larissa is relegated, they should give up their UEFA spot.

:LOL: Yeah, I'm sure they said the same thing about PAO if they'd fail to win the Cup. Larissa have proved, by winning the Cup, that they can be a cup side so they deserve a shot at the UEFA.

@ Drakos, you make good points about Bajevic not being given time, but that is exactly the reason PAO fans should change their mentality. As for the Cypriot goats you speak of... Okkas, Aloneftis, and Makridis would walk into your team. WALK into the team even if they could never be bothered to going training!

As for your boy Mantzios... The kid really isnt developing is he? Papadopoulos isnt perfoming and Romero and Victor are just not doing it... you wish you had Okka

Ela re paidia....Larissa won and you should all accept that. The fact that they may be relegated is irrelevant to the whole picture. Larissa worked hard to get to where they are right now and the prize is a spot in the UEFA Cup. If they finished 10th in the protathlima what difference would it have made....would we have asked them to give up their spot then. And if representing Greece was such a concern then we shouldnt allow any team outside the 1st division to compete.

Lets not kid ourselves...we are in a shitty league with shitty teams and that is the only reality.

As for players of any significant class coming to greece it will take a lot more than money to lure them to a top team in Greece. For most foreign prospects not even the chance of playing in the CL is an incentive to come to the Super League.

We should be content with getting 30+ players from midtable teams. Its nice to dream about bringing good players but it wont happen.

If we took the top 3 of the greek league and place them in England or Spain, OFSP would be fighting off relegation and PAO and AEK would be in the second division. Lets keep that in mind when we talk about transfers.

Anyway, Bravo to Larissa, they deserved the win and should celebrate it!!!

Archived