Phantis Forums

Xanthi-PAO cup game

athinaios

One day before this game and no topic for it.... it shows that most of us are disgusted and disinterested.

Anyway, can we beat the best league's defense? (last time I checked Xanthi had the fewest goals allowed).

Does anybody care?

PS>Read this article to measure how bad we've been this season.

PS2> I read that the players said not to return home if they don't win in Xanthi... Good idea, I say.

It's going to be a hard game for PAO. I see aXanthi win here. PAO has not impress me this year.

I agree, they havent impressed me either. I think the game will probably be goaless after 90mins. We'll see typical PAO, unable to break down a team that defends. This is why I'm so baffled as to why everyone on here rates Munoz so highly. Its a shame to see PAO in this position. I've heard so many excuses too,

(1) the team started the season off unfit = Ok fair enough, that explains the poor start inc the defeat to Ionikos. But surely the team is fit now, so why aren't the finishing strong?

(2) We have no home ground which costs us points = AEK is in the same position and their record is Won: 11. Drn: 2. Lst: 1 (only 2 points off Oly's home record), compared to PAO's Won: 8. Drn: 1. Lst: 4. <_<

(3) The management (the board) are at fault = this is combined with the fact that many PAO fans on here claim that PAO have better players than Oly, a better manager and a better youth system, so how the board is at fault is beyond me.

No more excuses! PAO has to win the cup or, imo, Munoz HAS to go.

I agree, they havent impressed me either. I think the game will probably be goaless after 90mins. We'll see typical PAO, unable to break down a team that defends. This is why I'm so baffled as to why everyone on here rates Munoz so highly. Its a shame to see PAO in this position. I've heard so many excuses too,

(1) the team started the season off unfit = Ok fair enough, that explains the poor start inc the defeat to Ionikos. But surely the team is fit now, so why aren't the finishing strong?

(2) We have no home ground which costs us points = AEK is in the same position and their record is  Won: 11. Drn: 2. Lst: 1 (only 2 points off Oly's home record), compared to PAO's  Won: 8. Drn: 1. Lst: 4. <_<

(3) The management (the board) are at fault = this is combined with the fact that many PAO fans on here claim that PAO have better players than Oly, a better manager and a better youth system, so how the board is at fault is beyond me.

No more excuses! PAO has to win the cup or, imo, Munoz HAS to go.

if its anyone fault i dont think it is munoz..changing coaches will only cause more instability in the team..i think we as greek football fans know this better then anyone else..i have really rarely heard the home ground excuse, and the management is at fault...but it is the same as every other team in the greece, all our clubs management are really sad..so yes, we use the excuse, but every team does as well...

i agree, this season will be very upsetting if we dont at least win the kypello..dude, most teams in greece play with 11 behind the ball, how do u figure munoz is to blame for our players not being able to break down the defense...is he suppose to go out therr and do it himself, will he convince u then...as far as im concerned munoz has almost always selected the proper team to play, he gives the players the right direction, then what else is he suppose to do?? our players are obviously very frustrated with how the season is going and we are a young team in a slump. we have been playing poorly but unless we have patience and let our player grow, none of that will change..the players frstration is showing as the season is drawing to a close and i can understand that...i think under the circumstances, without making excuses, our performances have been understable...not up to par by any means but understanble...

i just wish some ppl had some patience cause of we had patience ten years ago, mb today greek football wouldnt be such a bordello and such an embarrasemnt..acouple bad results and greeks always call for a revolution...when they happen and dont succeed we get mad at the managemtn for making rash decisions..we put old washed up players on our team to satisfy the fans, and they dont perform as we want then we call for a greek squad..we get a young greek squad with potential and a young knowledgable coach to lead them and now we complain that their football has not been amazing one season in the running..we rid of the coach, overhaul the players that are capable of building a team, put more pressure on, then buy more old players to cover the tracks of embarrsement to the fans...i am getting frustrated with all of this! do you not see the patterns dude?? mb u are biased cause u are an oly fan but come on already!! give me a break...

in the long run i think we are on a proper track, i also like seeing aek come out with some quality greek youth as well..i dont think losing the kypello at this point is acceptable whatsoever..we shud win it with ease, but im not looking too much in the short term bc that is our problem in greece...i have the patience to sacrife a season or two to see some good ball being played potentially in the future..for pao and for greece..but this will never happen if everyone doesnt try to have the same patience..

i agree, this season will be very upsetting if we dont at least win the kypello..dude, most teams in greece play with 11 behind the ball, how do u figure munoz is to blame for our players not being able to break down the defense...is he suppose to go out therr and do it himself, will he convince u then...as far as im concerned munoz has almost always selected the proper team to play, he gives the players the right direction, then what else is he suppose to do??

The job of a manager is not merely to select the team... 90% of fans could identify the best 11 players. His job is to teach them to carry out tactical strategies. Football is like an ancient war... if you have 50 top class soldiers but the cannot carry out the strategic orders of the general then they would lose a battle against 50 average soldiers who are in perfect sync. Its the General's job to work on those strategic moves. If PAO can't break down a defence then Munoz has to work on penetration in training. If PAO are losing the ball in midfield to easily then he has to work on passing, moving and creating options. Etc. In all the leagues of the world the lowly teams play 11 behind the ball against the stronger teams yet they don't have the same problems as PAO. Bear in mind that the teams PAO have trouble breaking down are ridiculously weak, plus AEK and Oly play against these same teams so why dont they have as much trouble?

Personally I dont think Munoz is 100% to blame and I dont think he should be sacked, I think it's merely a case of PAO's players not being as good as the other top 2 Greek sides. However, since many of you are so adament that they are as good or better then surely the manager is failing? Its the player or the manager, you can't blame the board for not on the pitch faults.

Good win today, if PAO manage to win the cup then at least some silverwear will instil some confidence.

i dont think its so much of pao not being as good as the other 2 teams. We beat them 3 out of 4 games. i think its a matter of young players not being able to play consistent football. we are in no way a team that is ready to win european cups but we are not far behind the other 2 greek teams. besides, if u lose to atromitos, ergotelis and ionikos at home, u have a consistency problem.

Pao went from beating osfp in karaiskaki one week, to losing at home to ergotelis the following.

Maybe we arent as cohesive as the other two teams DUDE, but we are not THAT far behind.

last year we lost 3 out of 4 derbies this year we won 3 out of 4. inconsistencies.

The different coaches every year DEFINATELY has something to do with it.

with one or two transfers and another off season wtih Munoz, i think pao will only progress.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And with our own stadium ready in about two years, and that generating more income, i have nothing but optimism for the future.

and if pao is THAT BAD, as all of u think, and they still won 3 out of 4 derbies and managed to possibly win the greek cup, id love to see them when they are in top form. Id be worried if i were other teams.

later skaters

The job of a manager is not merely to select the team... 90% of fans could identify the best 11 players. His job is to teach them to carry out tactical strategies. Football is like an ancient war... if you have 50 top class soldiers but the cannot carry out the strategic orders of the general then they would lose a battle against 50 average soldiers who are in perfect sync. Its the General's job to work on those strategic moves. If PAO can't break down a defence then Munoz has to work on penetration in training. If PAO are losing the ball in midfield to easily then he has to work on passing, moving and creating options. Etc. In all the leagues of the world the lowly teams play 11 behind the ball against the stronger teams yet they don't have the same problems as PAO. Bear in mind that the teams PAO have trouble breaking down are ridiculously weak, plus AEK and Oly play against these same teams so why dont they have as much trouble?

Personally I dont think Munoz is 100% to blame and I dont think he should be sacked, I think it's merely a case of PAO's players not being as good as the other top 2 Greek sides. However, since many of you are so adament that they are as good or better then surely the manager is failing? Its the player or the manager, you can't blame the board for not on the pitch faults.

Good win today, if PAO manage to win the cup then at least some silverwear will instil some confidence.

im sorry, i forgot that u go to all of paos tranign sessions and examine what munoz works on and what he doesnt...he knows the problems the team has and has been working on them..u can tell when he directs the team from the sidelines and the subs and starting 11 that he uses..he is making due with the players at his disposal, remember he had only had one transfer season to work..munoz obviously does not want certain players on the team and knows what he does and doesnt need.what im trying to stress is that it is importnat to look into the future and notjust the present, which is what u and most other greek fans always do..yes, the players are at fault too, but who do u think has the final say on what players come to pao..cause it surely is not the coach..it is the management..it is everyones fault but since our management is instable, what do u expect our team to be??

if u think that every team play 11 behind the line in the top european leagues then u havent been watching football my friend..this is the reason i love la liga and the premiership..bc anyone can beat anyone IN OPEN PLAY..in spain every team, top or bttom has the capabilities and the quality to play an open game and get a result..sure we see teams like sheffield play all out defense on a team like chelsea, but this does not happen nearly as often as it does in greece...we have trouble breaking down weak teams because we are young and inexpereinced..it requires some expereince, and aek and oly both have players of more expereience then pao while pao has players of more potential..how many time shas oly won the game in the last 15 minutes after being shut down by 11 opposing players the whole game..u have players like djle and ribbo who have tis experience and know what to do..this cant be taught, it has to come through playing...

the pao team u see now is part of the future of greece...so u and everyone else better start nurturing because what happends domestically will effect us internationally and by having instability within the teams, these young players will never gain the expereince they need to compete...

I'm happy but also realistic. I think it'd be nice to win the cup, but, let's face it, this is not what PAO should aim at. Anyway, good job today. Our team is unpredictable and inconsistent. I hope this changes soon. And, I wish the same for all Greek teams, otherwise this sport will die a slow death.

t'was a good result for us......the camera work was pretty shitty though but I disagree with athinaios I think this should be our goal, all we can do is win our last 4 games if we do that we have done all we can if we want CL AEK must loose twice if this happens we win the cup and cl playoff it would be a great turnaround for the season.

Archived