Phantis Forums

LARISA _ OLYMPIAKOS

LUZ13

In all the years that i have been following Rivaldo I never saw him get a red card

What happened to him?

I could not find a link to the game and even the era spor did not open to me , so i have only SPORTIME

Did anybody see the game and knows what happened?

Hey Iliana,

That's really cool! Great birthday present huh?  :)

How did you manage to get the autographs? I read in your birthday post that you were going to have breakfast with Ribo and Nikopolidi... you're not a referee are you?  :P

They were staying at Larissa Imperial, which is very very very close to my house. I went there for a coffee with a friend of mine and all the players and staff were around us, so it wasn't very difficult! ;)

After looking at the clip several times I think he was punching the ball

Rivaldo never reacted like this even to Fernando hierro, so i give him the benefit of the doubt. And we will never know what was behind all this, what did the defense player of larisa to provoke such an action?

And I have news for you: he is human , too

The worst thing is that he will not be able to play next game, and the gap is only six points

Well, after seeing what is happening in the woprld of football lately (like the 7 goals that Roma sufered) we are in a relative good situation

This is how rivaldo got sent off i have never seen a world class player like him

do such stupidity :o but i dont know if he was punching the ball or the player?

http://www.sport.gr/multimedia/index.asp?id=615

Actually if you research Brazil - Turkey from World Cup 2002 a turkish player kicked a ball at him (with no power) and it hit Rivaldo's legs. Rivaldo then fell down with his face holding his head. The turkish player got a red card.

Im glad Rivaldo got sent off yesterday, he thinks he cn do what he wants in the greek league even if he is one of the best players. He got put in his place yesterday and even after he got sent off he then kicked the ball into the stands..

Actually if you research Brazil - Turkey from World Cup 2002 a turkish player kicked a ball at him (with no power) and it hit Rivaldo's legs. Rivaldo then fell down with his face holding his head. The turkish player got a red card.

I know, and this is def one of my favourite memories in football! :LOL: :gr:

As for the punch, the second punch was intended for the player. Deserved red card I'm afraid!

"He thinks he cn do what he wants in the greek league even if he is one of the best players. He got put in his place yesterday "

That is what the PAOK fan wrote

I do not see how Rivaldo is acting violently and arogantly , he never did as a rule, he got very few yellow cards in Barcelona even under anti barcelona government of Aznar, this incident with the Turk is the only incident ever happened wih him and all the world is talking about it because there is nothing else tosay, furthermore I do not understand why the Larissa player held to the ball in this manner and what was it all about

well, as no one saw the game, even the reporters did not, nobody commented it and so we will never know

Let us hope that the next time Rivaldo , or any other Oly player for that matter, will be mentioned in the press for his good play and not for red cards

The reaction from Rivo was "part of the play" and I would truly think that the guy was going to get the ball. ANY player in the world would have a reaction like that when you get awarded a freekick and all of a sudden another player from the oposing team comes in and holds it so a quick free-kick doesn't happen...

No matter what the reaction from the keeper is the kind of reaction that's a bit harsh... 2 yellows to both players would have been suitable I believe.

I think Ribo deserved the red card and just to remind you he is human

every human gets mad and it was finally rivaldos turn.

This isnt really a big deal i mean it didnt happen in the CL it happened in the Greek league near the end where Olympiakos has almost clinched the league.

Rivaldo lost his cool and yes he deserves a red card, but its not the end of the world :)

This isnt really a big deal i mean it didnt happen in the CL it happened in the Greek league near the end where Olympiakos has almost clinched the league.

Rivaldo lost his cool and yes he deserves a red card, but its not the end of the world :)

Dude... I think that we all agree that Rivo is a human and that he too should get a red card at times... But this was a joke. Even the Larissa player came out and thought that the decision against him was harsh. No matter what I think that we all know that a TOP CLASS ref wouldn't give that decision.

Dude... I think that we all agree that Rivo is a human and that he too should get a red card at times... But this was a joke. Even the Larissa player came out and thought that the decision against him was harsh. No matter what I think that we all know that a TOP CLASS ref wouldn't give that decision.
You're right DUDE! The idea of a top class ref in greece is offensive to the whole system.

if u look closely, at first he looks like his ready to swing a punch (look at his body motion along with his closed fist) but as his going through with it, he changes it into a slapping motion towards the ball...

no doubt he didnt touch the player but rather the ball however his reaction deserves the red card alone...

Archived