Phantis Forums

EURO 2008: Bosnia-Hergzegovina - Turkey

Will Turkey win in Bosnia?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will Turkey win in Bosnia?

• Yes
    • No
    • Draw

Alright, Turkish fans you got yourselves a tough one coming up in June, you guys face Bosnia. Not an easy opponents as you think they are, Greece played there and knew how hard it is to play there despite our 4-0 win in October. I'm hoping for a draw, I can only see a Turkish victory here.

They won't make it anyway, they'll just roll over for Turkey.

I see what you're implying...

One third of the Bosnia players will be rolling out the welcome mat, one third will be fighting the Turks tooth and nail and the remaining third will attack the other two thirds when nobody is looking! :P

Really!! :LOL:

Didn't you pick Bosnia to qualify along with Greece? :P

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the stock's empty!! :LOL: :LOL:

or in Turkish, "Sen beni guldurdun, Allah da seni guldursun.." :LOL:

Really!! :LOL:

Didn't you pick Bosnia to qualify along with Greece? :P

Not exactly Dark_Horse, I thought Bosnia were a darkhorse ( :D ) to qualify but they've had so many problems with players leaving the squad permanently, problems with the Bosnian FA etc, means that its VERY unlikely they'll make it. So they'll roll over.

@ Irlandos: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Thats one of the funniest things I've ever read on here! :tup:

Alright dude, at least you could have gone back to edited your predications. :P

Keep in mind that Bosnia is not out yet, they need only a win to stay in contention. Anything less than a win, than I say there done. But, I have a good feeling Bosnia will play "tooth and nail" vs. Turkey. ;)

• 1 month later...

Not exactly Dark_Horse, I thought Bosnia were a darkhorse ( :D ) to qualify but they've had so many problems with players leaving the squad permanently, problems with the Bosnian FA etc, means that its VERY unlikely they'll make it. So they'll roll over.

I wouldn't say that dude, read this:

Bosnians targetting top spots

Thursday, 17 May 2007

Bosnia-Herzegovina are hoping to spring a surprise on Turkey after naming a 27-man squad for their upcoming UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifiers.

Oslo triumph

Having beaten Norway 2-1 in their most recent Group C game in Oslo, coach Fuad Muzurović has named six uncapped players for the home games against Turkey and Malta on 2 and 6 June respectively - goalkeepers Muhamed Alaim and Jasmin Burić as well as Mehmedalija Čović, Veldin Muharemović, Damir Vrančić and Aleksandar Šolić. Muzurović said: "After winning against Norway, our chances of finishing in the top two in the group have increased. Turkey are favourites, but we will try to surprise them." His side are third in the section with seven points.

Bosnia-Herzegovina squad

Goalkeepers: Adnan Gušo (CS Pandurii Lignitul Targu Jiu), Muhamed Alaim (FK Sarajevo), Jasmin Burić (NK Čelik).

Defenders: Džemal Berberović (PFC Litex Lovech), Branimir Bajić (FK Partizan), Safet Nadarević (NK Zagreb), Boris Pandža (HNK Hajduk Split), Vedin Musić (FBC Treviso), Dario Damjanović (HNK Hajduk Split), Veldin Muharemović (FK Sarajevo), Ivan Radeljić (NK Slaven Belupo), Mehmedalija Čović (FK Sloboda Tuzla).

Midfielders: Mirko Hrgović (HNK Hajduk Split), Zajko Zeba (FC KamAZ Naberezhnye Chelny), Branislav Krunić (FC Moskva), Zvjezdan Misimović (VfL Bochum 1848), Elvir Rahimić (PFC CSKA Moskva), Darko Maletić (FK Partizan), Mario Božić (FC Fehervar), Damir Vrančić (1. FSV Mainz 05),

Forwards: Vedad Ibišević (TSV Alemannia Aachen), Edin Džeko (FK Teplice), Adnan Čustović (R. Excelsior Mouscron), Mladen Bartolović (HNK Hajduk), Zlatan Muslimović (Parma FC), Senijad Ibričić (NK Zagreb), Aleksandar Šolić (NK Osijek).

• 3 weeks later...

Bosnia-Turkey:3-2

We will qualify for the EURO 2008 from this group but that's all! Stop dreaming guys.. We won't have anything but fictional players going to Milan, Real Madrid in the transfer periods, that's all!!

:angry: :( :( :angry:

Ever since the 4-1 win for Turkey in Greece, Turkey has had 1 point in 2 straight matches that were derbies. And Turkey tied Norway at the last minute. Do I sense a curse?

Archived