Phantis Forums

Man Dies in PAO-OSFP hooligan fight

http://www.contra.gr/Volleyball/Hellas/Pan...cos/147965.html

Disgusting. It really has nothing to do with sports IMO, thats manslaughter and every single person involved should get life in prison, and these assholes should be hunted down. They stabbed the guy and threw him on oncoming traffic to die. OVER WHAT - CLUB COLOURS? On the most part, but they really wanted this guy to die, so maybe they knew him as a key member, as they waited for him and killed him. These guys have nothing to do with the sport, they really are just gang members with a sports facade.

& I disagree with this being considered 'via sta ghpeda' - planned actions of ambush outside stadiums done with scarfs of a certain colour shouldnt count in the same category as a spontaneous brawl in the stands. Its gang violence, stadium authorities, clubs have absolutley no ability to control who supports what team and never will- so this is not OSFP or PAE fault.

What clothes they were wearing or chants they sing has no difference. They committed a criminal act - weather it was political, racial or athletic beleif oriented it really makes no difference it was a brutal crime. It should be reported as regular news and not sports- its confusing the two separate categories, and giving these assholes credit they wanted. Report and describe them as criminals, not fans. Thats what they are, they should not be defined by their sport allegiances, by rather their inhumanity. I feel that associating these idiot organized attacks that are not really part of the athletic and spectator world (these attacks, kids, are all organized and go arrange fights and ambushes) of things with the actual sports and spectators is grossly innacurate.

I hope the cops find those idiots and put them away in a prison for the rest of their useless lives. Also I hope police will be more aware of the dangers this makes. Theres idiots on all clubs, and Im sure theyll have their fanatics out for a revenge attack- All PAO-OSFP matchups from Football to Monopoly should have very high security in and around the venue. I hope police are aware of this.

It makes me sick to my stomach to read s%$#! like this. These people should be hung from their balls and whipped to death. They deserve no mercy.

This is not something a team is responsible for. these parasites do not represent a fan base. they come to the stadium merely to fight, sell drugs and destroy the atmosphere.

Drakos is right, this isnt sporting news its a criminal act that should be dealt with criminal prosecution.

NOW IS TIME TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!!! THAT IS CRAZY!!! IN WOMANS VOLEYBALL!!!!!!! :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:  :tdown:

thats the point......its not. It was AROUND a womens volleyball game. Its being presented as if its a case of via sta ghpeda. Which really is unfair .

These attacks have nothing to do with the tensions or excitement of the event I doubt any of them actually went to the game or inside the stadium. This matchup of a PAO-OSFP (doesnt matter, even at Monopoly people will come with intention only to fight OSFP or PAO) is just an excuse for them to fight or ambush, its low security, low amounts of fans, and most of the fans that go to these derbies (of womens sports and other lesser cared about ones) are pretty much all (if not only)from syndesmous...

it happened in women volley which is crazy to begin with...but this could of happened in any sport really... the youth in Greece has nothing better to do , theyre not progressing in this country & they lash out like this.... Extreme measures should be taken.... The writing on the wall for such incidents has been there for years

Whell today the Greek Goverment and EPO have come to an agreement and there will be NO games of any kind for at least this weekend!!! BRAVO TOUS even tho it's a little bit late. They had to wait for someone to die first before they do anything!!! Shame on them but like they say " Kalio arga para pote".

Here is the story from supersportfm:

This is really a dark day for our sports history and our youth.The more i hear about what happen in Paiania the more pissed off i get.The beat a guy because he was wearing a green shirt,they tried to kill some kids because the colour on there jerseys was green but they were players of Markopoulo Team(official colour grenn and white).They used knifes,petrse,touvla,kadronia,ropalla,tsapes,tsougranes and a bunch of other fighting material. All this in a WOMENS VOLLEYBALL game????They suspended all sports activities for 15 days and the goverment is talking about cameras at the stadiums and better ticketing system when the fight was not even close to the stadium that the game was happening......nobody is talking about Athlitiki Paideia and do something drastic like England did to protect and save our lifes and our sports.....one more accident that is going to be forgoten fast and nothing will change until the next person dies......

It was only a matter of time before we had people dying. I am kind of suprised that it has not happened sooner. There were many such "randevouz" between fans being reported in the past between the fans of the teams, mainly in Athens.

So now we finaly had causualties. The question now is what will happen? Delaying the games by two weeksa will not do anything in my opinion unless drastic measures are taken. Are the government, and most importantly the owners of the team ready to take those drastic measures? That is the big question. Only time will tell.

it happened in women volley which is crazy to begin with...but this could of happened in any sport really... the youth in Greece has nothing better to do , theyre not progressing in this country & they lash out like this.... Extreme measures should be taken.... The writing on the wall for such incidents has been there for years

It's ridiculous to blame the youth of Greece. Greece has among the lowest crime rates in Europe and while the youth is deteriorating by Greek standards it has along way to go to reach the depths of England, France, etc. These are hooligans not your average youths.

How pathetic. We keep talking about the same things over and over. Put these losers away for good already.

These losers who arrange to meet with opposing losers on the streets to fight, are the same ones who instigate the worst violence during the games. They are the same ones who spontaneously produce flares, and the same ones who instigate spontaneous brawls on the stands and storm the fields.

They are the same ones who "spontaneously" congregate to attack players during team activities. The same ones who pelt with rocks passing trains, and terrorize old ladies in the metro (and brag about it on the radio).

They are also the same ones who participate in all sorts of non-sports mayhem (during demonstrations, university protests, etc), and lute stores, and burn people's properties.

Let's not hide behind our little finger any more, and don't bring up the old excuses "it's only a minority", "the teams know nothing about it", "society has pushed them to the fringes", "they are too young" etc.

Put the murderers away. This incident had nothing to do with the women's volleyball game, and everything to do with the misguided "team fan" mentality that permeates team sports.

Eleos pia.

first of all my deepest sympathy to the family of michalis filopoulos. may he rest in peace.

another sad day in greek sports history. there is no excuse for the murder of filopoulos. and unfortunately there won't be any measures taken for the future. all the teams care too much about themselves than trying to handle the fans.

i'm not surprised this happened and whoever thought it wouldn't happen one day must have been blind over the past few years. the whole system in greece is way too slow and too corrupted to change anything.

It's funny that one of the guys that was arrested in the brawl he works for Olympiakos but Olympiakos comes out and says he has nothing to do with us!!!!

Amm are we seriuos?! He works for them what do you mean he has nothing to do with us?! :tdown: :tdown:

It's funny that one of the guys that was arrested in the brawl he works for Olympiakos but Olympiakos comes out and says he has nothing to do with us!!!!

Amm are we seriuos?! He works for them what do you mean he has nothing to do with us?! :tdown: :tdown:

Oh come on man ! Thats ridiculous! Just because OSFP employs one of these people they are responsible for his actions in his personal life??? Thats BS and you know damn well. When you get home from work what you do is not your bosses or companys responsibility or concern..... You know when you get back from work, you can do whatever the f*** you want and it doesnt have a damn to do with your employer. You can go beat an old woman and your employer still has nothing to do with it, and you know it. DROP CLUBS OUT OF THIS PICTURE --- THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Archived