Phantis Forums

Greece-Turkey:1-4

A very emphatic victory in terms of scoreline against Greece, assured for now that Turkey is the sole leader of this qualification group.

KYRGIAKOS OPENER

The game got to the groove very early as Greek centre-back Sotiris Kyrgiakos managed to score from a tight angle after Sanli Tuncay failed to clear a Takis Fyssas cross on 5'. Turkey took control of the game afterwards and after a crowd-silencing equaliser by the Greece's goal's culprit Tuncay on 26', they never looked back.

NIKOPOLIDIS HOWLER

Turkey started the second half very strongly. Tuncay and Sukur missed clear-cut opportunities on 48' and debutant striker Gokhan Unal gave Turkey the lead they deserved with a bouncy effort on 56'. On 72', moments after Greece hit the post because of Turkish goalkeeper Volkan Demirel's lax attitude, Turkish midfielder Metin Tumer had a strike on goal form 25-metres as Greek custodian Nikopolidis failed to pick the fligt of the ball and let the ball go past him for the third Turkish goal. Substitute Gokdeniz added the icing on the cake after nutmegging Traianos Dellas and coolly finishing a good move ten minutes later.

JEERS and APPLAUDS

After Turkey's fourth goal, Greek fans started booing and jeering their players, namely Giourkas and Nikopolidis at the top of the most hated list, and as the final whistle was blown the Greek fans applauded Turkish players.

Without a doubt that has to be the worst goalkeeping perfomances at international level by Nikopolidis a.k.a George Clooney.

at least 3 of the 4 goals can be blamed on this man that calls himself a goalkeeper.

He was pathetic. he didnt even touch the ball on two of the turkish goals!!! - they shot the ball striaght to him. And all this coming after greece (stelios and kyrgiakos )missed goal chances 5 metres out from the turkish goal (twice).

would have it changed the result? possibly. but with Clooney on goals, it basically meant, any shot on goal was in.

Clooney had to be on some very serious medication/drugs as he had no idea what he was doing.

Turkey showed great composure after going down 1-0 and looked the better team for most of the 1st half. of course Clooney decided to fist the ball instead of catching it, which led to turkeys equaliser.

the 2nd and 3rd goals were simply stated, a joke.

the 4th goal showed some great skill by the turkish player and once again beat clooney at the near post!!!

Turkey have booked their tickets to switzerland (hopfeully they let them in after what happend in the world cup qualifiers.. hehe (joke) ) and the are looking really good. dont forge turkey had many players out and will only be a stronger team in future matches.

Despite all this greece is still on track to qualify... only norway really pose a threat and they lost today to bosnia . top 2 in the group qualify.

The question is does greece have any other keepers ? becase the euro 2004 hero should, by rights, have played his last game ever for the bue and white.

And actually I am sad becasue if WE were cool GS should be making our life hell right now and enjoying it to death ...

BILATERAL IDIOCY :nono: :nono:

Yet again, we forgot that this was just a football game. Idiots from both sides, namely GREECE and TURKEY, rampaged and f**ed things up. We had an influx of Turkish net-hikers who came to solely turn this civilised forum into a terrible place of anarchy. And with their Greek counterparts, in terms of idiocy, in less than half-an-hour, we had two parties of four-five people shouting at each other.

This stuff going on about the 1453 stuff is really boring right now. The same goes for the mind-lacking Greeks who keep calling Ataturk with a string of foul names.

Yes, historically speaking, 1453 is an important day for us. So is 1923. Insulting our historical turning points is just showing the level of brain and more importantly civilisation these guys have. And, in return, the same goes for the guys over here who millions of times said Greeks are ****.

I appreciate most of your comments warzycha but do you believe it's necessary to go into Armenian genocide issues and torture questions always raised? We can always have a civilised conversation about these political issues under political threads but please, not here!

I'll end by going back to what I said at the beginning. This is not a war, just a football match and even in the war you have got to have respect for the enemy.

And very well said mouse, I had no chance so far to make life hell for you. But only so far.. :P

Ok, here we go!

We believed we will feel the absence of our 12th player in Athens, the fans. But, thank God, Kotapolidis offered much more.. ;) :LOL:

by the way, who is the guy on the stands that jumped up with his both hands open when we scored the second goal? were there fans among the stands who bet for a Turkish win?  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:

GS1905,

The hand gestures you witnessed by that fan are called "Moutzes" in Greek. They are a sign of displeasure directed at Nikopolidis for gobbling up that goal from some 30 metres out.

After seeing those goals (2nd and 3rd), Nikopolidis can have two of my "moutzes" as well! :angry:

Nikopolidis is really bad. I didn't see him like this before.

Hmm..

Let me recall when I have seen him like this before..

Real Madrid-Panathinaikos: 3-0 (sometime 2001)

Xanthi-Olympiakos: 2-1 (two seasons ago)

Ukraine-Greece: 1-1 (How can you forget his "beşik" goal?)

Numerous times in Olympiakos CL games last two years..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Actually, what will Zeki Col do now as he called Nikopolidis among the best goalies in the world, after Cech?? :LOL: :LOL:

Hmm..

Let me recall when I have seen him like this before..

Real Madrid-Panathinaikos: 3-0 (sometime 2001)

Xanthi-Olympiakos: 2-1 (two seasons ago)

Ukraine-Greece: 1-1 (How can you forget his "beşik" goal?)

Numerous times in Olympiakos CL games last two years..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Actually, what will Zeki Col do now as he called Nikopolidis among the best goalies in the world, after Cech?? :LOL: :LOL:

dont forget the other 5 million from the last 3 years...

AEK - OSFP 2007

more of Nikopolidis finest (watch the replay its a lot clearer what happened, and this one is funny)

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?Ln=En&ID=1160

Georgia - Greece 2005

Albania-Greece 2004

Greece-Denmark 2004

and so many more i cant remember or bother to look them up....this is not that unusual for Nikopolidis

I think this would be what mouse feared most.. :D

Posted Image

Claudio Taffarel

THE COPENHAGEN PANTHER

Posted Image

Faryd Ali Mondragon

THE IKITELLI PANTHER

Posted Image

.. Oops! Wrong Picture! :huh: :huh:

Posted Image

THE PINK PANTHER :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ok, here's a new one..

Close to the end of the match, the referee Wolfgang Stark calls for a foul against Greece after Karagounis tackles Gokdeniz. And here's the conversation!

Stark: (Whistles)

Karagounis: What! Foul? Madness! This is Sparta!

Gokdeniz: No, this is Gokdeniz..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i see my post moved........again.

i give up........

but maybe moderators will have the courtesy to let me breifly state my point and keep it in the thread

FenerSK:

There is a big differnece between racism and hate banners, and a "xyz was gay" banner. "xyz" banner is just childish, while the ones Turkey is accustomed to putting up are fueled by hate and racism. So no, Greece should not get banned over that banner. And in doing that, it would bring up a lot of anger in europe for implying discriminations against homosexuals.

i give up........

but maybe moderators will have the courtesy to let me breifly state my point and keep it in the thread.

i didn't move anything from anywhere.. i've in fact just seen the "split posts" thread.. and hey, what is it? :D

i give up........

but maybe moderators will have the courtesy to let me breifly state my point and keep it in the thread

FenerSK:

There is a big differnece between racism and hate banners, and a "xyz was gay" banner. "xyz" banner is just childish, while the ones Turkey is accustomed to putting up are fueled by hate and racism. So no, Greece should not get banned over that banner. And in doing that, it would bring up a lot of anger in europe for implying discriminations against homosexuals.

Don't be funny it is nothing to do with gay or lesbians! Because for example did you ever try to say "bitch" to a normal woman which you dont know? Wouldn't you expect a slap to your face? Also when she sues you and win it by proving that you said that, do bitches all around the world would bring up a lot of anger in europe for implying discriminations against bitches? Lol dont be funny!

It is not the same thing when you say someone "retarded", "pig", "bear" with saying it to someone or something which really is!

To make it more clear : If you open a banner which says "Thierry Henry was Monkey!" This is clearly a racist banner! You cant claim that they wont fine you just because it would make monkies angry :tdown:

Anyway you will see your fine ;). And of course that wont be banning from the cup but I am expecting 1-2 matches without your supporters in your home matches.

Drako do you pretend not to understand?

The post was moved again.

It was obvious that you replied again becasue the post that triggered your specific reply was missed in the first split ...

So in the second split both posts were moved again ...

Your "copy & paste" comment was also not deleted but moved twice ther to signify exactly what was going on

Clear and simple ...

I also stated clearly that you too can discuss this is you want and I told you how ...

Now, if this is gonna be a case of who will manage and have the LAST word on the subject between you two be sure that this is not the right place ...

So please lets reach a common underastanding here and dont try to DISCOVER ways to get into a dissagreement

In any case ... if you two think you can manage a quick detour form football and INSIST on doing it here ... what the hell... do it ... despite the pressure of the subject ..

But, in those cases visitors who just log in and see things once cannot always follow all things preceeding posts and can turn this thread nto a new battlefield ...

Usually we can allow deviations from sport and even get into off topic discussions .. but both of you must see our (mods) reaction as a result of the whole climate around that game and not as a general paranoid behaviour ..

whatever ...

Thanks

fenersk

Monkeys arent people. Bitch is an insult- there is no self proclaiming 'bitch' community, the only real use of the term bitch is as an insult to women. Gay refers to a people who make a fair share of percent of the population in europe (in all countries really) Homosexual can be an insult to most people, But to publicly declare it an insult is not politically correct as it will offend the people who call themselves gay, and already have had enough discrimination of their own. Its not in the same category as monkey, or pig who arent humans which is a silly comparison.

thats my last word on this because 2ndmouse is getting pissed

Archived