Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - Ergotelis

HOLLYWOOD

yeah, but regardless, this is not a good game for us... we should have scored several by now (not that we should the way we're playing)....

I don't know what this team is doing today.... honestly, I don't really care for 2nd place, but we can't be doing this as a team in the future when we'e actually are in the hunt!

PS> this is not the first time it happens to struggle against a lesser team, so it's not an accident. Something's wrong here... It's beyond being UNLUCKY!

I mean, com'on, Ergotelis is playing with 10 in the second half! :angry:

PS2. Oh, Ok I see, Vyntra's in! Great! Why Ergotelis is trying to score one more?!!!!! I thought we owned all the Cretan teams... No?

PS3. This would give a good boost to Ergotelis. I don't want this team to be relegated. They seem to be needing this game more than we do. No matter what you think about this game, it's not really that big of a surprise that PAO blows a game like this.... we've done it many times before.

I agree. Even though the goal was offside Ergotelis was playing with 10 FRIGGIN men in the second!!!!! We should have scored 3 goals at least. Our forwards missed too may easy goals kicking it at their goalie lol. Anyways we always struggle with lower teams and this was a disappointing game I hope we don't mess up with the Xanthi game. I can't figure out PAO this year they can look the best of the best one week and the next we can look very very bad. We need that one impact player in the mid to control the game and with Gonzo out for the whole year we have not replaced that position. On another note if we end up in 3rd and don't get into CL I can guarantee that Tziger will say we didn't get into CL we lost out on allot of money that is why we can't go after expensive players in the offseason(not that when we were making it into the CL all those years we spent any money but I can swear he will use that excuse lol) Anyways the whole team should be ashamed and they deserved to lose

ta idia s**** once again ....last weel ixame anthropi mesa edo na panagrisoune 1 kolofardi niki sto derby,,,,,,,pou oute ego to xarika ,,,,,,,rezili,,,,,,,once again

0-2 ionikos 2-2 ofi 0-1 ergoteli 3-1 kai 3-1 kerkira kai afti omada lene exi mellon bouxaxaxaxaxxaaxxaxaxaax

as pane olli na g*****oune pia .f.F*** this s%$#!

oti ine mesa stin fasi o pao ta gamai olla ,,kai min leme gia diatisias pia,,,,,,o ergo ixe 10 paiktes kai paparia gemismes kaia ,,,,me tin plati sto tixos afti omada @@ kani,,,,

edo idame to bourdello mas me tin lens na kinigame 2 gkol....edo me ton ergoteli imastan tragiki,,,

pia ine lisi ????????oi leofloros?????o ftousan??????

bouxaxaxaxaxaxaxa greek soccer at its brilliant best

opos exo pei kai sto post yia to osfp-pao "Nomizo to xeirotero pou mporoume na kanoume tora einai na parasirthoume apo ti niki epi tou osfp kai na nomisoume oti ksafnika apoktisame omadara. "

Vgenane loipon oi paiktes mas (kai munoz) oloi ti vdomada kai thriambologousane les kai paiksame kalitera apo ton osfp kai kerdisame, taktiki kai loipa. Tixeroi eimastan, dioti eprepe na eixame xasei 2-0 apo osfp. Ean den enisxithei i omada me 3 paiktes aksias, ena se kathe grammi, kai tou xronou tritoi tha erthoume. Min afinete tzinger kai loipous na sas koimizoune. Enisxisi edo kai tora, kai na minei o munoz na ftiaksei omada.

I am happy that this win will help a good team like Ergotelis stay in the superleague.

On the other hand this loss might be a blessing in disguise because it exposed all our weaknesses, so hopefully they will be addressed this summer.

What can one say about our play in this game? We played horribly and we had absolutely no luck against a team that fought hard and played a man down the entire second half.

We lost this game because one more game we could not win the ball in midfield and when we did, we were too slow to advance it. One more team focused on neutralizing our wingers and once they succeeded we had no options up the middle. The crosses from left and right at first and then the lobs from everywhere were easily defended by Ergotelis' defense. We are a short team and that's a major handicap when we just keep crossing the ball in the box.

Individually everyone seemed to be a step behind the Ergotelis players who also had lots of luck on their side. I knew we will lose today when Salpigids turned and shot from three meters out and the ball was deflected by the goalkeeper's elbow as he was turning to actually avoid the shot.

Ebede has some responsibility for the goal, but someone should had put a body in front of this initial shot. He did well to deflect it, but the Ergotelis player who was offside and had the advantage was able to shoot it towards our goal. Leontiou and Morris were beaten to the spot by two Ergotelis players.

Nilsson was not bad but he did not help very much offensively. Same goes for Leontiou who played LB and failed to cross midfield more than a handful of times. Goumas was good but Morris looked very flat today. In general, our whole defense was out of synch for some strange reason.

Our midfield failed in every level today. They could not win the ball, and they could not serve out forwards to save their lives. Bovio had as bad a game as I have seen from a player in a long time. Tziolis had a couple of ok plays, but on a team that plays with no clear DMs he needs to help advance the ball. Ninis and Ivanschitz were both pretty bad, and I don't think it helped them much when Munoz kept moving them from left to center to right.

I mentioned last week that I was never going to say anything bad about Papadopoulos since he scored that very sweet goal in Karaiskaki, but mentioning reality does not count as "bad". So, Papadopoulos not only did not help create on offense, he actually was more keen on destroying any good chances that fell to his feet. He was slower than just about everyone else on the field and he was dispossessed before he could control the ball (on the third bounce).

Salpigidis was faster than Papadopoulos, but he also failed to help the team offensively. Had he converted one of the considerable chances he had, this would had been a different game.

Mantzios came in the second half and had a couple of very nice plays, but he dodged a red card and disappeared for large parts of the game. He was a threat in the box with his very good first touch, but he rarely got the ball in a threatening position, and when he did he wasted it with horrible last passes or shots.

Munoz took way too long to replace Bovio with Mantzios, and then took forever to make the other two substitutions. The Vintra for Nilsson was a real head-scratcher. The only thing I could think is that since he played Goumas as a CF full time at the end, he needed Vintra in the back to play defense.

Was this score the result of the mid-week bonus fiasko? I would think it had something to do with the team looking distracted once again.

No excuses though. Ergotelis won this game, and we failed to even create any good chances.

We lost the second place with this loss and that's not good at all. I don't mind UEFA, but it's not good for our team to be loosing such games, and playing such bad football.

This is the sixth game we loose this season, and the third we loose in our home turf.

Next up: Atromitos comes to OAKA

Sorry to say this but this is the real PAO. Can't defend, can't break down s%$#! teams, and has no creativity. I realise I'll suffer an onslaught for this but I dont care, its the truth. Everyone is talking about PAO's big future, ti future reeee?? Because the team has 2-3 talented pitsigarades? Salpi is a very good forward, Ninis is a highly talented youngster, Papadopoulos is a handful on his day and Goumas is solid. What else does the side have? I mean honestly, take club allegiances aside for a moment and compare Olympiakos' team man for man and tell me how many of them would get into PAO's first team... 7? 8? And Oly are s%$#! by EU standards!!! Munoz has taken the team forward in some respects but some of you guys have greatly exagerrated it.

If you look at the facts:

LEAGUE: AEK are now in 2nd spot and with a brief look at the remaining fixtures they are now slight favourites to hold on to 2nd spot.

EUROPE: In reality PAO only beat s%$#! teams in Europe this year (only 2 decent sides were PSG and Lens and look what happened).

YOUTH/FUTURE: Everyone talks of how young the PAO team is, but how many of them are great prospects? When PAO had Seitaridis, Kyriakos, Karagounis, Vlaovic, Lybe, etc, as youngsters, then one could talk about top prospects!!! The great hope Ninis is 16 ffs!!! Let me ask everyone that talks of PAO's "great future" a question. This Oly team has aged and should be to all intents and purposes, finished! However, if no team signed any players for next season who do you think would win the league???? Oly are 11 points clear of PAO and lost both head-to-heads!! The gulf in class is huge!

If PAO want a team Vardinoyianni needs to put his hand in his pocket and actually spend some money instead of searching for free transfers! PAO need 2 full backs, a left winger, a dekari, a centre back, and a striker (a target man). That's 6 players and for them to be of decent quality

Sorry to say this but this is the real PAO. Can't defend, can't break down s%$#! teams, and has no creativity. I realise I'll suffer an onslaught for this but I dont care, its the truth. Everyone is talking about PAO's big future, ti future reeee?? Because the team has 2-3 talented pitsigarades? Salpi is a very good forward, Ninis is a highly talented youngster, Papadopoulos is a handful on his day and Goumas is solid. What else does the side have? I mean honestly, take club allegiances aside for a moment and compare Olympiakos' team man for man and tell me how many of them would get into PAO's first team... 7? 8? And Oly are s%$#! by EU standards!!! Munoz has taken the team forward in some respects but some of you guys have greatly exagerrated it.

If you look at the facts:

LEAGUE: AEK are now in 2nd spot and with a brief look at the remaining fixtures they are now slight favourites to hold on to 2nd spot.

EUROPE: In reality PAO only beat s%$#! teams in Europe this year (only 2 decent sides were PSG and Lens and look what happened).

YOUTH/FUTURE: Everyone talks of how young the PAO team is, but how many of them are great prospects? When PAO had Seitaridis, Kyriakos, Karagounis, Vlaovic, Lybe, etc, as youngsters, then one could talk about top prospects!!! The great hope Ninis is 16 ffs!!! Let me ask everyone that talks of PAO's "great future" a question. This Oly team has aged and should be to all intents and purposes, finished! However, if no team signed any players for next season who do you think would win the league???? Oly are 11 points clear of PAO and lost both head-to-heads!! The gulf in class is huge!

If PAO want a team Vardinoyianni needs to put his hand in his pocket and actually spend some money instead of searching for free transfers! PAO need 2 full backs, a left winger, a dekari, a centre back, and a striker (a target man). That's 6 players and for them to be of decent quality

Dude, I'll bite because I like to compare players :D

All comparisons are for this year's performances

Nikopolidis is no better than Ebede or our second goalkeeper Galinovic

Zevlakov is no better than Nilsson

Domi is no better than the LB's we have (maybe a bit better than Seric)

Sezar is on par with Morris

Anatolakis is no better than Goumas

Stoltidis is on par with Leontiou or Bovio (although it's a harsh comparison since Stoltidis plays as a pure DM alone)

Ne is no better than Bovio or any other of our DMs.

Torosidis is on par with Tziolis (He is on par with Nilsson as a RB)

Rivaldo is better than Papadopoulos

Tzortzevic is no better than Ivanschitz

Ne is on par with Biscan and Andric

Maric is no better than Ninis and on par with Romero

Konstantinou is no better than Mantzios

Okkas is no better than any of our forwards

Castillo is on par with Salpigidis (although not the same position)

Papas is no better than Tsigas

player for player we are not lacking. It's off the field organization we don't have.

If Munoz stays and we play the same system we need three players CB, DM, CF. We don't need to change half the team any more, but we do need to prepare better in the summer.

There you go, you asked for it :P

Added: I almost forgot your invisible man, Borha. He is no better than anyone on our team except maybe Biscan but they don't play the same position...

Typical Pao...

Ive said this b4 and ill say it again, Pao always do this!! They will play a handful of good games giving everyone in here FALSE hope!! And then all of a sudden for no ###### reason they will lose to a miserable team like Ergotelis and show no chemistry, no cohesion and better yet no sense of ownership by the players... In this game (lonikos, Kerkyra just to name a few) for example all the players looked like they couldn’t give a flying F*** about the result and played even worse to go with that!!

This team is a brothel! Starting from management and flowing down to the players… ive never seen in my life in any team sport a more unorganized, unmotivated, and negligent team like Panathinaikos the football club… Its internal culture has failure written all over it and guess what?? The last 10+ years have been a complete failure!! Sure we had a couple of good runs in Europe (2000,2001,2002 seems like a life time ago) and won one double (2004) but is that really good enough for a club that’s supposed to be in contention every year for the title?? HELL NO!! think about this 80% of the last 10 years Pao have been miserable in all competitons… THAT’S ABOUT 80%!!!

People want to do an anlyses of individual players and be extra favourable/bias towards the greek players simply because there Greek and be harsher or the foreighners because we don’t share the same blood?

In performance wise, whats the difference between Serich and Darlas ( I know both havent played a lot recently due to injurys) but when they did, in all honestly they both played under-par and were in my opinion evenly matched when it came down to individual plays.. Who do u think the pao fans want out of the team??

Tzoilis is another great example, the guy is 23 years old and Greek and everyone in here is saying give him time to develop, his a great prostpect for the future but if u look around the world, teams like barca, man U, Real, ect… have there best players at the ages of 23-25 and playing awsome consistant football while were waiting pationtly for Tzoilis to develop, I mean we turn a blind eye when he constantly plays s%$#! because where all waiting for him to become the next basinas?? If this was Bovio everyone in here would say ship him back to brazil or better yet Andrich??

Nilsson is another example, when this guy first came here, he was s%$#!, however in the last 2 months he has been really sollid yet a lot of the fans still want to shipp him away in summer… I bet my bottom dollar if Vyntra showed this kind of form in the last 2 months, people in here would 1) recognise this and praise him (nilsson dosnt get s%$#! I wonder why) and 2) people would want him to stay for another year based on his improvement.

Galin is another croatian player we have on this team and unlike some other “foreighners” right from the get go, he has played magnificantly and saved our arses on a constant basis.. Yet no one really understood the significants of how good he really was considering the defence we have had in the last couple of season.. Yet now that he lets in a goal here and there ( I mean his not ###### superman) people want him to go because his “no good anymore” .. no one takes into consideration that our defence is like swiss cheese and that everyone is intitled to make a mistake here and there espeically goal keepers… I bet you if his name was Galinkoppoulos everyone in here would sing a difference tune…

Ebede is another example the guy didn’t even put on the pao jersey yet everyone was saying how s%$#! he is and that we should find a replacement Asap simply because his a foreighner whos BLACK!! There I said it, His BLACK!! But what happened when he put on the jersey and began saving our arses in goal with thoes tripple save’s because the Greek boys of the defence (Goumas, Darlas, Lentiou, Vyntra) were constantly opening there legs like a cheap prostitute in Kings Cross?? Where were the harsh critics then??

My point being is that as much as we like to place the blame of shitty performences on specific players we must not let our Bias/patritsim get in the way when evaluating players… by no means am I saying that foreighners r good players coz a lot of them r lazy pieces of crap who come to Greece for a holiday and dnt understand what Pao stands for, but by no means don’t think that our own talent is much better either…

We have to face facts, our team is s%$#!, for some unkown reason this team has been plagued with inconsistantcy… a lot of people r blind to reality because we play 4-8 good games in a row and all of a sudden were ready for europe?? Reality check b4 were ready for Europe we must be Consistant all year around…

Archived