Phantis Forums

Greece - Turkey TV Coverage

Information about the TV coverage of the important qualifying game between Greece and Turkey will appear here.

Game time is 21:30 GR, which coresponds to 19:30 GMT (London), 15:30 EDT (New York), 05:30 AEST (next day) (Sydney)

Good starting point for latest information are the Phantis TV Schedules:

http://sports.phantis.com/soccer/games/TV_..._schedules.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV Coverage in Australia.

The game is available in Australia through Setanta Premium PPV channel.

Here are the venues that will carry the game:

GREECE SUPPORTERS

NEW SOUTH WALES

Greek Community Club, 206 -210 Lakemba Street, Lakemba 2195

Tel: 02 9759 4014 Website: " target=_blankwww.goc.com.au

Mythos Taverna, 63 Norton Street, Leichhardt 2040

Tel: 02 9560 5869 Website: " target=_blankwww.mythos.com.au

Yarra Bay Sailing, Yarra Bay Road, Phillip Bay, 2036

Tel: 02 9311 2592

Enmore Theatre, 130 Enmore Road, Newtown, 2042

Tel: 02 9519 9231 Website: www.enmoretheatre.com.au GREEK SUPPORTERS ONLY

VICTORIA

South Melbourne Football Club, Bob Jane Stadium, 25 Albert Road, South Melbourne, 3205

Tel: 03 9645 9797 Website: www.smfc.com.au

Breakers Heidelberg, 1/99 Bell Street, Preston, 3072

Tel: 03 9416 9444

QUEENSLAND

The Greek Club, 29-31 Edmonstone Street, South Brisbane, 4101

Tel: 07 3844 1166 GREEK SUPPORTERS ONLY

ACT

Hellenic Club of Canberra, Matilda St, Canberra 2606

Tel: 02 6281 0899 Website: www.hellenicclub.com.au

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Rosemont Hotel, 160 Hindley Street, Adelaide 5000

Tel: 08 8221 5156 Website: www.rosemonthotel.com.au

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Floreat Athena Football Club, 41 Britannia Road, Mount Hawthorn 6014

Tel: 08 9242 1138 Website: www.floreatathenafootballclub.com.au

TURKEY SUPPORTERS

NEW SOUTH WALES

Erciyes Restaurant, 409 Cleveland Street, Surry Hills 2010

Tel: 02 9319 1309

Canterbury Hurlstone Park RSL, 20-26 Canterbury Road, Hurlstone Park 2193

Tel: 02 9559 0000 Website: www.chprsl.com.au

VICTORIA

Breakpoint Billiards Club, 1A Phillip Street, Dallas, 3047

Tel: 03 9302 3244

Laila Reception Centre, 451 Sydney Road, Brunswick, 3056

Tel: 03 9388 1122

Cue Club, 1395 Sydney Road, Fawkner 3060

Tel: 03 9359 1443

Keysborough Turkish Islamic Cultural Centre, 396 Greens Road, Keysborough, 3173

Tel: 03 9701 5919

Mardimi Restaurant, 1st Floor, 17 Cleeland Street, Dandenong, 3175

Tel: 03 9706 8797

QUEENSLAND

Sultans Turkish Restaurant, 1/2125 Sandgate Road 4034

Tel: 07 3265 3555

In Chicago the confirmed venues so far are:

Mistico Cafe

20510 N. Milwaukee Avenue

Deerfield, IL 60015

Arkadash Cafe (Turkish establishment)

5721 N. Clark Street City

Chicago, IL 60660

773-506-2233

In terms of online places to watch the match, I found the site www videosport .com which shows the match for 5 euro and greeknet .tv where from my understanding allows you to stream Mega in Greece which covers the match.

Can anyone confirm if the above information is correct and if they have used these services before?

Thanks

Jumptv.com will also be broadcasting Greece-Turkey (as well as other matches) online.

Jump TV

Edit: I realize gavalas and I essentially talking about the same website.

I don't know about the quality, gavalas, but I do remember reading a press release a few months ago stating JumpTV and SportFive had purchased the internet rights to the Euro qualifiers. So I presume it's all legal, if that's any help... :D

Jumptv.com will also be broadcasting Greece-Turkey (as well as other matches) online. 

Jump  TV

Edit: I realize gavalas and I essentially talking about the same website.

I don't know about the quality, gavalas, but I do remember reading a press release a few months ago stating JumpTV and SportFive had purchased the internet rights to the Euro qualifiers.  So I presume it's all legal, if that's any help... :D

Yeah, the link to the press release is right here

Now I'm not worried about this being some kind of scam, I think it should be legit.

I also found this on their Help page:

"What is the encoding of the programs in streaming?

That depends on the flow of your Internet connection: - if your flow is of 512 kbps, you should visualized the encoded flows in 450 kbps. - if your flow is 1 Mbps or more, you can visualize the encoded flows with 750 kbps."

750 kbps is good quality, it looks like purchasing it through Jump TV is not a bad idea.

Thanks guys at 5 euro a game thats a bargain.

I have watched the other Greece games of Setanta Broadband but they are not offering it this time to try and get as many people as possible to the pay per view venues.

Silly them if they do that as we can buy it from other areas.

In Turkey the game will be available on ATV, which is also available FTA (Free to Air) through the Turkish satellite Turksat 2A. Some of you in Europe and nearby might be able to get the channel.

ATV is available in Australia through UBI World TV, but I am not sure if they will show the game.

ATV is also available on Astra 3a, Eutelsat W3A and Atlantic Bird 2, but the signal is scrambled.

On the Jumptv website, how long is the **PASS ALL ACCESS subscription ($7.95 USD)** valid for? 1 day, 1 month. How can the All Access be only $1 more than 1 match game price of $6.95.

The site is not a scam, Jump TV have been around for a while. Also, they are allowd to broadcast the games since they have an agreement with SportFive. I believe SportFive have the TV broadcast rights for the Euro qualifier for North America.

Jump TV all access pass is for 24 hours - it clearly says it on the website.

As for the UBI channel - I would not be surprised if its shown on there as the Turks rarely abide by broadcasting laws.

ATV might actually broadcast it to Australia without actually being allowed to do so

But UBI allowing it to to be shown is another thing cause if they do show it UBI would be up for a large Fine for infringing copyrights by Setanta

I heard that this did happen once before and I dont think there goin to let it happen again lol

Fellas, wouldn't setanta make more money if they offered these at $15 on ppv. Many of us don't have bars that are close by to watch these matches and we end up watching them on the internet for free. I prefer watching them on a tv cause the quality is much better.

gyros, I've brought that up with Setanta in the past and the answer I got was that the reason they don't do that is because of the vast amount of hacked systems in the US and Canada. I was told it was not worth for them, since they made more money than they would through PPV on Dish or DirecTV. That was several years ago, when both systems were compromised by hackers.

Personally I would prefer that option as well. Watch the games in the privacy of my own home. I can't stand going bars that are filled with chainsmoking Greeks.

I'm not a big fan of watching sporting events at bars either. Too many people yelling and you can't concentrate on the game. I guess its their loss since I will be in front of my computer with sopcast. The closest bar is 90 miles away according to their website.

Final list for venues in Chicago to see the game:

Cafe Mistiko

20510 N. Milwaukee Avenue

Deerfield, IL 60015

847-520-1892

Chasers Bar & Grill

9003 N. Milwaukee Avenue

Niles, IL 60714

847-470-8800

Abbey Pub

3420 W. Grace

Chicago, IL 60618

773-478-4408

Gingers Ale House

3801 N. Ashland

Chicago, IL 60613

773-34802767

The Globe

1934 W. Irving Park

Chicago, IL 60613

773-871-3757

Fado

100 W. Grand

Chicago, IL 60610

312-836-0066

Arkadesh Cafe (Turkish Establishment)

5721 N. Clark Street

Chicago, IL 60660

Ziaka - I'm getting what I think is incorrect information from a bar owner in town - who says the game is on at 2:30 pm in the Eastern time zone

Can you just reconfirm 3:30 pm eastern time zone

and that we are 6 hours different than in Greece - I'm assuming that the North American moving up the time change a few weeks has confused the bar owner

Thanks in advance,

Loup

loup, the game is on at 3:30 pm Eastern Time Zone (2:30 pm Central Zone). It seems that the time change has a lot of people confused.

Greece did not changed to summer time yet. They will do it the Sunday one day after the game takes place.

BTW what bar is it? Is it the one where I saw the Greece - Albania game?

Thanks buddy - yeah its at the Scots Corner in London - the other Greek-owned establishment decided to stop showing the games unfortunately

There should be a good turn out again - we love the Ethniki here :gr:

Archived