Phantis Forums

Is the "protathlima" the biggest goal?

trifilli

Does the Championship weigh so much ? What is more important?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Championship weigh so much ? What is more important?

• Winning 1st place.
    • Doing well, in Europe. Winning the Derbies. Winning the Greek CUP.

In the minds of fans, does the Championship weigh so much ?

What is more important?

Winning 1st place.

OR

Doing well, in Europe.

Winning the Derbies.

Winning the Greek CUP.

PEACE

sorry trifili I can't vote because there is no choice for "play well, win every game, win the championship, win the cup, and play in Europe at least until March"

Seriously though, I think a team would do well to set goals and reevaluate them at all times. Since the championship is out of reach I will take the win in Karaiskaki, the cup, and some good football.

Of course Cyber.

I agree that winning every game in and out of Greece is the best, choice.

Winning the CL and UEFA and a Greek Word Cup is the ultimate goal.

At this point though, would PAO fans still prefer 1st, and failure in everything else?

PEACE

Pao likes the championship but we are not terribly obsessed. We won one a few years back, we were happy but we wanted more. We wanted better football.

To speak for myself, if I were to prioritize I would say besides playing well, advancing in Europe is first in my preference, winning all the derbies is second, winning the championship is third, and winning the Greek cup is fourth.

I get just as happy if we achieve any of these (ie. I don't get less happy winning the cup).

OK. I voted :D

Gents, I think if the situation was reversed, probably many PAO's fans' attitude would be different.

For me is having a great team that counts. Yeah, perhaps I'm a romantic about football. Not totally though. Having a great team means that you win titles AND doing well in Europe. With brief exceptions in the last 10 years, we haven't been all that good.... [not that gavroi have been any better.... not that they deserved half their titles.... don't get me started]

PS. Unless our team wins a euro trophy, your children will ask you one day, "dad how many titles has PAO won?"... "who's got more?"

PS2. OK, most fans remember [although many friends here aren't even that old to ..remember] PAO playing at the final in Wembley (35 yrs ago) and maybe a few remember reaching the quartefinals, but that's it.... better than any other greek team, but.....

Well i will say that winning the Championship ishould for the near future be our prime goal. After that i dont have any problems for the rest. But come on we havent seen a series of championship wins for some time.

First i want those oly jerks to feel the absence of the title for a long run. Then comes for me the rest.

Make them spit blood from next year till they see another championship title.

Min kollame stin parimia " Osa den ftanei i alepou ta kanei agourides"

Winning the league is the most important goal we should focus on..

reason being is that in the end of the day, teams will be rememberd based on how many leagues they have won... not how many times we reached the QTRS, SEMIS in europe and how we slightly did better then oly...

lets not kid our selves, if we were to do well in europe u have to be able to win ur own league first...

hopefully 2007/2008 will be the begging of a new era

anything that has to do with Europe come 1st....We show what we're worth there, not in a sub par league...in a case like this year winning the cup is more important than winning the derby.... each years scenarios are different...

1...Europe

2...in most cases winning the derbies will give you 1st place so they are the same.

3...the cup

Archived