Phantis Forums

AEK-Olympiakos

Olympiakosthyra7

33 minutes so far. what a sad display of football. if this is the best our league has to offer.. then our league needs help.

34 minutes, 39 play stoppages.

unbelievable

Since the AEK goal the game has opened up and flowed alot better, and these are def the 2 best teams in the league. AEK don't deserve to be down, they've fought well, threatened aerially and have had the katohi tis balas. However, Olympiakos seems to be the only side that can actually get the ball on the floor and play football! PAO yesterday couldnt string 4 passes together, PAOK weren't much better, and AEK only seem to get the ball down when Lybe is on the ball. I can't see AEK winning this but the yellows seem dangerous from set pieces so the game isn't over.

AEK's goal was ridiculous but once they had the league I dont understand why they committed suicide! How can Cirillo be the only play back when all you need is a win and you're ahead? :blink: I think it was Moras that was robbed by Djole and along with Castillo they had acres to run! It reminided me of the goal Oly conceded at home to Roma only worse! The second was poor by Papastathopoulos who was otherwise excellent, but Rivaldo should not have been allowed to get that rebound. 2 poor goals from AEK's perspective and from Olympiakos' point of view the lead hasn't been earned. The team needs to be more commanding when defending set pieces and they need to apply abit more pressure in possession.

Overall, the best players have been Torosidis, Konstantinou and Djole (Olympiakos) and Papasthopoulos, Cirillo, Tsozer and Lybe (AEK).

honestly, the first 45 was REALLY bad. the only times osfp ''strung passes together' was when they were on the defensive side in their half.

in the 2nd half the game picked up. it isnt pretty to watch but the entertainment is there because of all the bogus goals.

if the game stays this way, pao will be behind by 9 from osfp and 1 from AEK.

considerign we are ''so horrible'' and ''full of s#%&'' we are still in prime position for 2nd place.

Apparently AEK is playing the best footie this year and yet, here we are, possibly one point behind them.

osfp is there only because they have a player of the class of rivaldo. but he cant play forever. Can he?

its funny how football works.

suffice it to say, that if pao stop shooting themselves in the foot, they will win championships in the very near futur.

lets stop pretending that we are watching great football today. lets enjoy it for what it is. confusion, lack of cohesion and lots of goals. ugly ones but goals they still are.

later skaters.

p.s bears by 8

suffice it to say, that if pao stop shooting themselves in the foot, they will win championships in the very near futur.

Sorry file but this just isnt true. The quality of football on display here is much higher than PAO's. Sorry but thats just the case. The passing is better, the cohesion is better and the inidividual talents are better.

opinions are like assh%^&s everybody has one.

time will tell. but if a young team like pao can keep up with a team like aek, who has 4 players over 32 years old in their permanent lineup, then all i can be is optimistic.

osfp's average age is 30. they HAVE to be more cohesive. they have played together for so long. but with djole gone, and ribo leaving, can u HONESTLY be optimistic about the future? if u can. all the power to u man.

Despite the 6 goals, game was mediocre. I couldn't say "bad" because of the entertainment factor, as nikos said. I couldn't see neither tactics nor something more than personal initiatives from Osfp side. Aek was, once more, more cohesive and team-spirited but nothing to write home about.

Both defenses sucked. It's unbelievable. Our cb (Torosidis) created havoc in Aek's defense. Osfp defense was struggling during every set piece.

If this is the best football the 2 best greek teams can offer at the moment, our football is in trouble.

btw, Aek was non-existent offensively in the 1st half (only some long crosses and giomes). And I don't understand how they were unable to exploit their numeric advantage against a tired team (remember the 120' against Giannina) with higher average age and our most dangerous player injured (Castillo).

It was raining. A long cross from Cezar (after a foul) brought the ball into Nikopolidis hands. He jumped and grabbed the ball with the two hands, then the ball slipped down to his right leg, changing course straight to the net :whistle:

He could even refrain from intervening, leaving the ball to go out. Unlucky moment.

It was raining. A long cross from Cezar (after a foul) brought the ball into Nikopolidis hands. He jumped and grabbed the ball with the two hands, then the ball slipped down to his right leg, changing course straight to the net :whistle:

He could even refrain from intervening, leaving the ball to go out. Unlucky moment.

I just hope that he gets that sort of thing out of his system now rather than when he's playing for the National team..

But going back to the game, very expected of the draw.... but not in that scoreline....

Well done Thrylos for doing a great job.

:tup:

Archived